1571 5 2018-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Josef Jelinek
lvl.2

Hi there,
first of all i know this is ussual topic
but !:-)
my question is lil different than all ive seen so far.

Im lurking on youtube and forums for like 2 weeks now.
but is still is so hard to decide.

NEEDS : Video shooting, need some cuts in my footage from a drone..or need lets say it would be nice to have the opportunity. The video mainly for Instagram and personal use but some for work aswell. I work as a stuntman and sometimes we need to have short vids from our action rehearsal. but thats just occasional for drone shots, but still its another angle.

only thing right now im thinking of is fly more combo Spark vs fly more Air. The prize difference is like 400$ here in my country. And im not gonna probably die without that money, but its still 400$.

theres no reason here to buy just air alone cause its just 100$ less in end prize here (price of 1 battery here) so theres no reason to buy standalone drone one or another.

and...

lastly this will be my first drone, i fell in love with DJi after buying my osmo. so there no other choice for me. Phantom is too big to travel with, i need to have my setup compact. Shooting on Iphone 8 plus + anamorphic lens and dji osmo mobile 2.

sorry for long post and thank you for your time if you made it all the way here.

Just help with your opinion almost all of you are more skilled than me :-)

Will the difference and joy be bigger than 400$??:-)

THANK YOU
Im also big child...

2018-4-29
Use props
GLJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

The Spark does not come with a remote so you fly with your phone.  The remote really does make flying easier and if you want good, steady video, I don't think you can get it easily with the phone only.  You can buy a Spark remote and still save a little money but the price difference gets pretty close then.  The extra flight time and longer range might make it worth it.
2018-4-29
Use props
GLJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

Just saw the Spark Fly More combo does have the remote.  My question for you would be, do you need high quality 4K footage?  The Air shoots better quality video at 100mbps.  Not sure if it's $400 better as that is your choice.  Extra flight time and, if you have seen people's footage from the Air, it's rock solid steady.  Even in a decent wind, the video is rock steady.
2018-4-29
Use props
Manulaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981273 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

As I've owned the FMC Spark and now own the FMC MavicAir, I would recommend  you to buy the MavicAir FMC.
Specifics just for the drone here.
1. You'll get more video resolutions and a 3 Axis Gimbal . (Which is one thing I love about my MavicAir)
2. You'll get more flight time. (I used to take both batteries of my spark cause I know I would only get 12minutes flight time before it sets to RTH mode. Now I don't feel the need to carry two batteries around just to take few shots with my drone as it would give me at least 18 minutes of flight time.)
3. The speed on P mode. (This is quite important as this is the mode where you get your standard stabilized footage from. With the Spark on P mode, it takes forever to get to a position where you want to take some shots. And almost every time I flew the Spark, I used sports mode in order to get fast moving shots. Which indeed means less stabilized footage)
4. Gesture Control is significantly better
5. More Range and OTG support. (I could only get my spark up to a distance 500m before it gets disconnected even with the remote. But with the MavicAir, I reached 2500m.)
6. Backward sensor. (This is quite useful when you're using active track)
7. And lastly the portability. (MavicAir is more portable than the Spark.)

Specifics for the FMC,
1. 3 Batteries (You'll get a 3rd battery when you purchase the MavicAir where as you would only get 2 in the Spark FMC.)
2. OTG Cables (You'll get 3 OTG cables with the MavicAir FMC)

So my advice is if this is your first drone, buy a MavicAir so you won't be disappointed with the Spark.
2018-4-29
Use props
Breezer74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20072 ft

United Kingdom

I had the same decision a month back. It soon changed to pro vs air as the spark had too many shortcomings (for me) on range and battery life.  In the end the air was my choice and I'm very pleased. We always want more flight time (human nature) but with the 3 batteries it's not really an issue. Image quality, range, pack size, sensors, etc are all superb for me as a first "proper" drone.
2018-4-29
Use props
Pepe Jelinek
lvl.2
Czechia

thank you all so much...i will go with the air...framerates, begginer proof, flytime :-) thank you all !:-)
2018-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules