DJI Care Refresh Question
1034 4 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Conrod
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I bought my Spark last November, but I have not flown it yet! I had originally intended deferring the purchase until now, but there was a special deal on the Combo package here in the UK at that time.

Because it was my understanding that the Care Refresh package had to be purchased within a couple of days of purchasing the Spark itself, I purchased the package directly from DJI at the same time.

However, I believe that it would in fact have been possible for me to delay the purchase of Care Refresh to a later date subject to providing evidence to DJI of the condition and status of my Spark.

Although I have powered it up a few times for firmware updates etc, I have not flown it at all yet - it has been sitting on the shelf waiting for spring to arrive (which seems to have been delayed here in the UK!).

I would therefore like to find out if, given that the Spark is unflown, I could get the start date of the Care Refresh reset so that I have a full year of cover from when I actually start using the Spark.

Could one of the DJI Moderators advise whether this is possible and, if so, who I should contact?

Many thanks,

Alan

2018-4-30
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28058 ft
Greece

If inside the app on the "Me" tab the Flight Record doesn't show anything, maybe you have a chance
2018-4-30
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

"However, I believe that it would in fact have been possible for me to delay the purchase of Care Refresh to a later date subject to providing evidence to DJI of the condition and status of my Spark. "

Wishful thinking, maybe?  What would be the business advantage?  They were insuring the product risks (non flying) since November that include dropping it while handling it, or the dog getting a hold of it and making it squeak.
2018-4-30
Use props
Conrod
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The DJI store website states the following:

"If your drone has been activated for over 48 hours and you still want to get DJI Care Refresh, don’t worry! Just submit a verification video showing that your product is functioning normally, and you’ll be whitelisted to purchase a plan. For details, click here"

But unfortunately the "here" link is dead!

So my point is that had I been aware of this when I bought the Spark I could have waited until now to purchase the Care Refresh. Assuming there's a way for DJI to check the flight hours on the Spark, I could presumably prove it hadn't been flown.

You're correct that my Spark has been at risk of being chewed by one of my three dogs since November, but it's a pretty low one!

If I knew where to send it, I figure it's worth a quick email to ask the question - after all, they can only say no ......

Alan
2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Conrod Posted at 2018-4-30 09:19
The DJI store website states the following:

"If your drone has been activated for over 48 hours and you still want to get DJI Care Refresh, don’t worry! Just submit a verification video showing that your product is functioning normally, and you’ll be whitelisted to purchase a plan. For details, click here"

If you never buy the DJI Care Refresh before, you can provide needed info to get the DJI Care Refresh and please try to link below: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2018-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules