POLL: Do You Have distance/signal problems with your Mavic Air?
6610 58 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

No range issues here. Flight record in the DJI Go 4 app says my top distance was 3,463 meters. This is flying in residential suburbia and rural country areas.

FCC mode here in New Zealand seems unlocked from the get-go, so i guess that's possibly a factor.
2018-5-3
Use props
fansaf90809b
lvl.2
Canada

I think it’s part hardware as well. Look at these bands. These are home routers in the area likely congesting. Who knows if a FW fix will help this.
2018-5-4
Use props
Manulaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981273 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

I didn’t update from firmware version .200 since it was all good to me! (I mean I did but I immediately rolled back when everyone was having problems with the .300) No problems with my drone so far with .200
2018-5-5
Use props
Steve bell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 697497 ft
United Kingdom

So I got brave enough for a distance test today, flew along the beach at an altitude of 50m & achieved only just over 1km with clear line of site, not happy!
2018-5-5
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft
United States

Purchased a new battery and it arrived yesterday. I charged all of my batteries and will hopefully test them all again tomorrow if the weather permits
2018-5-6
Use props
ANTHONYVLOG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1217552 ft
  • >>>
France

No issues, I just set my network to manual and do a scan of the area and select the least used channel before flying.
2018-5-6
Use props
PascR
New
Flight distance : 10968 ft

Hi, interested about this topic...
I'm new guy in DJI world ; before I was flying with a parrot bebop2 which has also a WiFi connection.
With a WiFi extender I was really happy of my drone (i flew at +/- 600/700m that enough for me ^_^ )

So I decided to bought this MA because of its size , mainly to use during my vacations...
I flew only 4 or 5 flights at the moment and I'm afraid that the connection lost distance is very small : I would say no more than 150 meters.
So I'm very worried about this unstable connection issues...

Until now i flew only above fields grass / flowers...
(And during vacation usually flew above beach and water).
I guess that all devices are up to date (versions) and I did the few check and all ok (gps, zone, % battery...)

What's happen to me is: I fly with a good signal/video and ... suddenly: black screen, no longer connexion and the question to ask if I want RTH (that I answer Yes to bring back the drone to home)
For the moment I have let the WiFi in auto but I have read some topics which explain to use the wifi 2,4 because better (longer distance). So next fly I will try this.
I didn't try also to fly 'far' only with my phone (Huawei mate 9) ; it could help to understand that maybe the problem is linked to the RC ?

Anyway, I really hope that the WiFi connection will be solved and ok ; otherwise I can't imagine to have paid a drone 800€ to fly only in a garden at 30m max !!

Pascal (from France)
2018-5-8
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

Steve bell Posted at 2018-5-5 12:46
So I got brave enough for a distance test today, flew along the beach at an altitude of 50m & achieved only just over 1km with clear line of site, not happy!

That sounds like a good result to me
2018-5-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-5-1 23:54
First three flights went very well yesterday evening. Reached half a mile/800m in a CE, rural area in 2.4GHz (auto) using my iPhone 7 plus with the stock RC and still had three bars of signal left with no drop outs or glitches. In view of that I think 1-2KM in the right environment is doable, if I ever feel the need to fly a mile away over a WiFi transmission...

Make that 5,621 feet / 1.06 miles / 1.71KM yesterday with 2 bars remaining and no signal loss. That'll do me!
2018-5-8
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4

Weather is still terrible so I havent been able to test my new battery. Maybe tomorrow
2018-5-8
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
United States

I was able to fly two batteries today. First was my problem battery, I'm calling number 2 because I have my batteries numbered, I did fly as my house this time and not in the exact location as when I made the video. The results were the same, less pronounced but distance was very short. At 50ft high and clear LOS I reached 250 ft before video feed started cutting in and out. My test with my number 3 brand new battery yielded better results. I was able to travel 1500ft before having video cut out. This somewhat confirms a issue with the number 2 battery. I'm baffled by it and don't understand it but I have proof now that my battery is in fact causing interference
2018-5-9
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

First time see battery caused range problem. You better ask DJI to check it and give you a replacement.
2018-5-9
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I start to aware of issue after 0400 update. I did not has motor current notification but remote range and video transmission is terrible compared to previous version. The same place, same 5.8ghz but very choppy, lag and lost connection
2018-5-10
Use props
PascR
New
Flight distance : 10968 ft
Mexico

Hi, new flight today and : - 700m of distance (don't be able to go further because of location)
- at 30m of altitude
- antennas at 90 degree
- 100% clear road (no obstacles between MA & me)
=> flight without any problem.

So I guess that the distance is very depending of the location...
2018-5-11
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 952664 ft
Chile

Mavic Air on CE mode shows 11 channels. For you guys out there on CE region thinking that you are on FCC because you see 11 channels you may not be on that mode. I just got a Mavic Air and I was getting less range that I use to have with my spark on the same location. It doesn't matter if I was on 5.8 or 2.4, the signal was terrible at 500 m. I had 11 channels so I didnt understand what was going on. So I did the fake GPS thing and immediately see the message for changing the wifi parameters, that message never showed to me before. After that I'm getting great signal again. Still haven't try a 100% range test but after been at 500m I didn't had any lag. The connection was clearly better.
2018-5-13
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

Dunno about you but I've tried to go long distance, but flying straight for 1000m -- I start to get bored. (Drone on?)   So I guess I don't have a connection issue, and I have gone up to a mile with it. I also normally fly in a somewhat congested wifi area.
2018-5-13
Use props
scalp007
New
Flight distance : 37162 ft
France

Hi team,
I have a lot of transmission problems with my Mavic Air (using in France with CE frequencies); I tried to use different frequency (automatic and manual, 2.4 and 5.8Ghz) but I have not a correct transmission (even with small distance).
Do you have any ideas to solve it ?
I hope you have better flights than me.
Regards,
Sylvain
--
Aircraft: 01.00.0400
Remote Controller: 01.00.0100
Phone with Dji Go 4: Galaxy S7
--

2018-5-13
Use props
engelo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12311667 ft
  • >>>
Greece

3,6Km

ipad mini and ipad air 2

Just fine for me !
2018-5-13
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

The screens above show strong 2.4G signal around. Try 5.8G or go to fly on other place.
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules