927 7 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Saturday I burned through 3 batteries getting in some badly needed flying.Weather was extraordinary and the golden hour was , well ..... golden. First flight took a different route actually flew just short of a mile with very good connection a couple of very short screen flickers and a very short disconnect, but overall beautiful flying and descent footage, I am learning well I think. Second flight the same, again new route as I usually fly over the bay to the opposite side and around a couple of islands this time I flew following the shoreline filming the architechture in a very beautiful area of South Florida. Third flight was pretty good for the most part, except towards the end as I was almost  home I started getting a motor overload which really bothered me, but that's another story. Anyway went inside got the micro SD and loaded in the computer where I was very anctious to see the second flight as I did some panning shots that had me very excited. then I get my surprise, no second flight footage NONE nothing nada.
Stupid is as stupid does, I must have not pressed record for that flight and of course as it is de rigour, IT WAS THE BEST FOOTAGE I EVER CAPTURED.
Moral of the story, when you are  both pilot and cameraman you have to check and double check EVERYTHING you do or not do.
2018-4-30
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSystems
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>

As a cameraman we have ALL done it. We call out rolling as a double check, even when I'm filming ground or flying/filming solo I still do it We also watch to make sure the SSD is capturing too as the X5R has had a habit of not recording to the SSD on a couple of occasions, hurray for the SD as a get out of jail card. Not had this issue with the X5S as of yet but we still check
2018-4-30
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

It happens to the best of us. Bummer it was great light you missed though.
2018-4-30
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rent Posted at 2018-4-30 08:30
It happens to the best of us. Bummer it was great light you missed though.

you know I'lll never get them just like that again LOL
2018-4-30
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Hmmm.... Murphy's Law?
2018-5-1
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dumb a** Law
2018-5-1
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

My bad habit is forgetting to stop recording, always on the Osmo though for some reason. I then loose the next shot as I hit the button but don't realize that I'm actually stopping the previous recording. It truly does make you feel dumb when that happens.
2018-5-1
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2018-5-1 23:25
My bad habit is forgetting to stop recording, always on the Osmo though for some reason. I then loose the next shot as I hit the button but don't realize that I'm actually stopping the previous recording. It truly does make you feel dumb when that happens.

but when you do that if you turn it back on you can recover that last take, I guess it stays in the buffer, Stupid is not pressing the record button in the first place LOL. And yes I've been guilty of powering down without exiting record.
*** You know I just reread this post and realize that the last response I wrote was totally wrong, I understood that you were turning off the Osmo with the record still enabled. Now I get that you were stopping record for your next shot, Yes, I have done that myself feel like banging my head with the osmo, but the Osmo is to valuable, at that point I can do without my head.

2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules