What would you like to see in future updates?
975 7 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

I thought I'd start this thread to let DJI know what we would like to see in future updates, other than the obvious fixes or items that were already planned like waypoints, what is it that you would like to see in the future? There is a lot of possabilities and can range from simple software changes to add ons or accessories.
things I'd like to see in the future are

1. Either change the background color allow user to change the text colors in the app, I'm color blind and can't see the battery level when it goes red.
2. Would like DJI to partner with one of the FPV companies like Cinimizer or Fat Shark to make everything more compatable with the Inspire and other DJI products.  Being able to use the head tracker would be real nice just move the camera with the movment of your head.
3. Would like to be able to controll the side to side movement of the camera with the master controller maybe from the c1 and c2 buttons on the back.
2015-5-10
Use props
laurent.crivell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52549 ft
Switzerland

Altitude in picture exif code
2015-5-10
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
United Kingdom

No more loss of connection and birds falling to the ground
2015-5-10
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Number of sats for GPS would be nice for Android...The Flight Sim would also be nice for Android as promised...How about an Instruction Manual for the Director or a video as to how to use it???
2015-5-10
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Would be nice if DJI actually fully tested updates prior to release as with each update there seems to be more issues created.  I know guys on the forum are also volunteering with beta testing but seriously DJI need to be doing more.  I would hate to have a failure whilst in automatic flight when and if that ever gets released.

Starting to get a little fed up with a product that is suppose to be on the professional side.  We should be flying this aircraft and enjoying it not worried every time  it is taken out for a full flight.  I am even concerned that it doesn't work in simulator mode so how can I have faith in this whilst in the air.

We also need the option not to update and for the aircraft and App to operate with the old firmware until we the owners are comfortable that any new update released is working as it should and we the owners decide to update.  We should not be prevented from flying if a new update is not installed.
2015-5-10
Use props
peterconquest3
lvl.2

United States

- Bug fixes.

My wish list.

- Adjustable feathered gimbal & aircraft control options to gently ease into (and out of) movements for smoother video production.
- Auto pilot functions like, POV Orbit lock, Follow me, Ground station, repeat previous flight path & camera moves (for a "take 2", "take 3", etc.).
- Ability to set an RTH location in advance, and not have it as the controller location, nor revert to current location at takeoff.- Ability for flight simulator to work without the aircraft being powered up, or even close by.
- Single motor failure safe-land feature. (I saw this on a video of automated quad prop drone capabilities, it spins in, but it's possible)

And for future models...

- Ability to fully fold-up (or down) arms to allow system to be smaller travel size & carry-on size in a sturdy case, with props on, almost ready to fly.

- (2) lenses integrated into a single gimbal for 3D images an FPV with goggles. Or, one fixed super-wide dual lens 3D camera for flight control, and a separate gimbal controled camera for filming 4k video production. (Would require 3 streams of live video).

2015-5-10
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

How about a bug free version of all the features I purchased and but never received.
2015-5-10
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

1.  Do not rush updates. Test them with people who do not know that much so it could prove the updates are working right and all the buttons are doing what they should be.

2.  One button push to re center the camera both vert and horz. DOES NOT WORK NOW, ONLY CENTERS HORZ NOW.

3.  Let us pilot our crafts and take pictures and videos as we wanted when we purchases the Inspire 1 and not be testers of updates.

4.  Sometime in the future, zoom function on the camera.

I just want to fly and not worry about updates going bad or not being teste enough prior to release. I want to depend on my inspire so I can go fly and concentrate on getting the best photos from the air I can get. I had a P2 and because it was so good I saved a long time to get my Inspire. I am retired and its cost was high for me, however I wanted the best so I saved until I could get it. A lot of things I didn't get to save the money and meals where 2 a day. I'll tell you what we all want, a solid flying platform in which to work our wonders on photos and videos. So come on DJI help us out.
2015-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules