Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,

I’ve just been test flying my Inspire 2 and landed okay, went to pick it up and it' now completely unresponsive.  Although the lights are on, no one’s home!

It won’t connect to either of my 2 controllers or the DJI Assistant. It starts up and down but doesn’t play the tune and the landing gear is locked in the lowered position(camera attached mode). On start-up it does go through the gimbal cycle and stabilises the camera, but nothing else.

I phoned the UK services centre who suggested it might be main board issue.

Does anyone on here have any pointers as to what this might be?

Thanks to those who respond.

Regards

Phil

2018-4-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please provide the following info for further check. What is the error message in the app? Please tell me the color of the indicator of your RC. Did you crash your drone before?
2018-5-1
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The error message is 'aircraft disconnected'. The aircraft on start up does an initial two flashes of blue light, then nothing. The remote is constant red.  No didn't crash, just picked it up after short test flight.  
2018-5-1
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Webevision Posted at 2018-5-1 02:39
The error message is 'aircraft disconnected'. The aircraft on start up does an initial two flashes of blue light, then nothing. The remote is constant red.  No didn't crash, just picked it up after short test flight.

The constant red indicates no connection.
2018-5-1
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I kind of gathered that from lack of picture or control from the RC. I've got a suspicion its a board or circuit componant which may have blown.
2018-5-1
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Webevision Posted at 2018-5-1 04:01
I kind of gathered that from lack of picture or control from the RC. I've got a suspicion its a board or circuit componant which may have blown.

Try re-linking the RC to the Aircraft.
2018-5-1
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've sent it back to DJI in Holland, as nothing works. I'll keep you posted!
2018-5-3
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Following up from this issue, it now looks like the Middle Frame Module and the Main Controller Module was the cause of the issue. Not sure what caused this failure, but needless to say DJI have been fantastic. I know a few have experienced a bit of an arm wrestle with DJI in the past, but I can hand on heart say they, thankfully, couldn't have been more helpful.  

They arranged pick up and drop off, fixed the issue within 3 days of arrival to Holland and returned it within 10 days of original dispatch, all free of charge! The cost of the replacement parts came to 747.94 euros. So if you are listening DJI, thank you very much!!  Very impressed customer.
2018-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules