Sweden

2018-4-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

These drones can handle their own in the wind but dont get to confident in strong winds a Hugh Gust and the drone will be blown way off. Use the app called UAV to check on the wind conditions in your area and suitable times for flying, I know I always do. Safe Flying
2018-4-30
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

Hello! So how strong was the wind? Were there any warnings on DJI Go?
2018-4-30
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

METROID Posted at 2018-4-30 09:38
Hello! So how strong was the wind? Were there any warnings on DJI Go?

only "high wind warning" not the critical wind warning. if you look at the trees, about 45 seconds in you can see the wind velocity
2018-4-30
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Sweden

Suren Posted at 2018-4-30 09:26
These drones can handle their own in the wind but dont get to confident in strong winds a Hugh Gust and the drone will be blown way off. Use the app called UAV to check on the wind conditions in your area and suitable times for flying, I know I always do. Safe Flying

yes i know. i deliberately went flying in this condition just to push the air to see what i can expect it to handle in the future
2018-4-30
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Yeah we get some flights like that with MA and MP. Even the Spark can do some high winds if you are careful. Winds and gusts at OP altitude may show more severe at 100' higher or more. That's when most people see these get tossed around. Our MP users have had these is serious 35 mph winds and 40 mph gusts on storms that blew in. Luckily they were all recovered. Some were over the lake. Smart thing was flying out upwind.

These are good to go most of time, but it's the winds aloft that can really be a problem.  We did our own test in our RC fields, and the MA really had a tough time with winds that swirl or change direction as it was returning.  We went from NW winds of about 15 mph to Southerly gusts which nearly flipped the MA over.

Some guys were attempting or shall I say attempting fate with their MP's and MA's and nature won. Be smart! Too many want t test the limits of these as they do on YT clips. Bad idea for inexperienced flyers unless they don't mind losing $800 on MA, or more on a MP.
2018-4-30
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Sweden

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-4-30 11:39
Yeah we get some flights like that with MA and MP. Even the Spark can do some high winds if you are careful. Winds and gusts at OP altitude may show more severe at 100' higher or more. That's when most people see these get tossed around. Our MP users have had these is serious 35 mph winds and 40 mph gusts on storms that blew in. Luckily they were all recovered. Some were over the lake. Smart thing was flying out upwind.

These are good to go most of time, but it's the winds aloft that can really be a problem.  We did our own test in our RC fields, and the MA really had a tough time with winds that swirl or change direction as it was returning.  We went from NW winds of about 15 mph to Southerly gusts which nearly flipped the MA over.

the air should handle gusts better than the pro as the pro wants to keep the obsticle avoidance enabled and dosnt tilt as much while the air dosnt care and tilts way more to compensate
2018-4-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Yes, it can handle a lot of wind with stable GPS but better don't overdo it would be my recommendation, especially close to buildings.
2018-4-30
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kevinab Posted at 2018-4-30 11:55
the air should handle gusts better than the pro as the pro wants to keep the obsticle avoidance enabled and dosnt tilt as much while the air dosnt care and tilts way more to compensate

Spot on.....

2018-4-30
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Sweden

Wellsi Posted at 2018-4-30 13:33
Spot on.....

https://youtu.be/3hgddTpTuUo

iv been reading up on DJi's firmware, bowth drone and app. its very well polished and thought out
2018-4-30
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I find it best not to compete with Mother Nature.
We use a wind sock to judge the wind direction and speed. When the sock is barely level we know the wind speed is around 10 MPH.
Also we used UAV to check on gusts and wind speed at  higher altitudes.

The MA, you must admit held it's own.
Thanks for sharing and Fly Safe.

2018-4-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-4-30 09:26
These drones can handle their own in the wind but dont get to confident in strong winds a Hugh Gust and the drone will be blown way off. Use the app called UAV to check on the wind conditions in your area and suitable times for flying, I know I always do. Safe Flying

Good advice there mate
2018-4-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-4-30 15:40
Good advice there mate

Thanks Andy
2018-4-30