2663 16 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imdjay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194541 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just giving my p3 a thorough inspection since there wasn't much at all in terms of packing material, and noticed a vibration sound from one of the motors

2015-5-10
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

When I unpacked mine the other day, I spun each motor manually. One of them had a very "ratchedy" feeling. Three of the motors seemed very smooth - the one motor - not so much.

Called the dealer/seller. Related my discovery. He checked a couple of others in the shop. Said they were exhibiting the same symptoms. He was about 260 miles away from me so I took him at his word.

Assembled everything and went flying. Worked like a champ.
2015-5-10
Use props
Lurvis
lvl.2

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-11 06:07
When I unpacked mine the other day, I spun each motor manually. One of them had a very "ratchedy" fe ...

Mine is also like that. It's one of the silver motors.
2015-5-10
Use props
imdjay
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yea the motor in the video i turned manually as well as the others, and of course you feel the ratcheting effect in all of them, but its stronger in the motor making the extra vibration noise in the video. Flight seemed great for the first two launches.

Any DJI folks that can clarify what we're experiencing?
2015-5-10
Use props
cascadeflyer
lvl.2

United States

Check that the screws are not too tight.
2015-5-10
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Don't you think the change in speed is due to you touching/moving the Phantom - so it tries to make corrections in order to stay stable? Thats what it does. Notice how it does it when you move it to the floor. You even have it sitting on a wobbly/soft thing?

I can't really tell if there is a problem? What is the problem again exactly?

The clicking sound is from the VPS.

How does the motors feel when you spin them? One of my P2V+ (v1 I believe) motors always felt "less resistance" when hand-spinning than the 3 others. Never cause a problem as such to me though, flown hundreds of times with it. The P3 "feels" better quality.
2015-5-11
Use props
imdjay
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-12 00:15
Don't you think the change in speed is due to you touching/moving the Phantom - so it tries to make  ...

listen more carefully, its an added vibration sound, not the motor adjusting sound. it's coming from the frame and hence when i touch the frame im dampening the vibration. Listen for the difference as im  touching it and letting go.
2015-5-11
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

I think what you may be seeing & hearing is a servo loop resonance.  (Which is dampped when you put your finger on it...)  The ESC is not "tuned" to run the motor without a prop attached.  I am willing to bet it behaves a lot better with a prop installed.  I doubt it's anything to be concerend about.
2015-5-11
Use props
ronniearnold
lvl.1

United States

What happens with the props on?
2015-5-11
Use props
ronniearnold
lvl.1

United States

ronniearnold@ya Posted at 2015-5-12 09:40
What happens with the props on?

Anyone?  I remember seeing this in a promo video from DJI.  Where one of the motors/arms was vibrating big time and the others were smooth.
2015-5-12
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

imdjay Posted at 2015-5-10 19:25
Yea the motor in the video i turned manually as well as the others, and of course you feel the ratch ...
Hey Jay.
That is a shot in the dark, if I ever seen one.
Quote "Any DJi folks that can clarify what we're experiencing?"
Realizing that you have written this 5 months ago.....
So... Did you get any answer?
2015-9-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Do this ASAP as you are going to develop a crack pretty soon.
3.jpg
2015-9-29
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Top shell is held by three screws to the bottom shell at each end, if you twist the arm it will twist with you, the force of the motors while air braking is similar to twisting it by hand but multiplied 900 times, when using the cable ties it bonds both shell pieces and relieves tension from the three screws on each arm and provides support to the weak spot which is the grove where the strobe lights go in.

2015-9-29
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-29 19:57
Do this ASAP as you are going to develop a crack pretty soon.

but you installed the blue wire-tie upside down....
2015-9-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

boxerman Posted at 2015-9-30 00:28
but you installed the blue wire-tie upside down....

Really ??? LOL how can it be any other way ? show me the correct way please.
2015-9-29
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Have you inspected for small cracks in the screw holes?  I'm wondering if that motor is vibrating because the mount is cracked.  I would beef it up though, like WW says.  Also try wiggling the motor to see if it has any more play in the plastic than the others.
2015-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules