Synching flight logs from Litchi to DJI account server
6600 18 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

Was wondering if there was a way to upload the flight data logs that are saved by the Litchi app to the DJI servers, in other words synching the flights as one would in the DJI Go app?
I have about 125 flights logged on my Litchi program that I would like to upload to the DJI server with the other flights I've synched there.

I would assume that the logs could be formatted a bit differently so that would be a problem and may need converted first. but then again, I'm sure the DJI Go4 SDK would be used to develope Litchi in order to control the quads properly so the logs might just be the same.

Litchi has a synch feather to upload to AirdataUAV but not to DJI.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

2018-4-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI does not recognise Litchi flight logs, so I believe you cannot sync them.
2018-4-30
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-4-30 17:55
I've been requesting this for more than a year.  What we need is an addition to the DJI Assistant that synchronizes the aircraft's internal flight logs to the user's DJI account.

Thread

Yeah....  that would be perfect to be able to do as needed.
2018-4-30
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You definitely cannot upload Litchi flight logs to DJI's servers.
2018-5-1
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

I don't think that is possible. What you alternatively can do is create an account and sync your flights with airdata.com. You can see consolidated data of all your flights and get additional information.
2018-5-1
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
United States

chiplifter Posted at 2018-5-1 03:40
I don't think that is possible. What you alternatively can do is create an account and sync your flights with airdata.com. You can see consolidated data of all your flights and get additional information.

I do have an AirData account, and so far have logged over 1000 miles of flight from 4 different DJI quads.  
But since DJI has those servers that collect flight data (which I would assume they could also use to make their quads better) I would think they would have a way to upload the data the quad itself stores no matter what interface software is used to control it.
If a person chose NOT to use Go4 or Litchi or KittyHawk, ect and fly with just the controller and eyes on the ground they would have no way of submitting data unless it was from a crash situation and requested by DJI.
2018-5-1
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Oldmaninwva Posted at 2018-5-1 04:01
I do have an AirData account, and so far have logged over 1000 miles of flight from 4 different DJI quads.  
But since DJI has those servers that collect flight data (which I would assume they could also use to make their quads better) I would think they would have a way to upload the data the quad itself stores no matter what interface software is used to control it.
If a person chose NOT to use Go4 or Litchi or KittyHawk, ect and fly with just the controller and eyes on the ground they would have no way of submitting data unless it was from a crash situation and requested by DJI.

Well thought. I totally agree with this.
Thanks for explanation.
2018-5-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Oldmaninwva Posted at 2018-5-1 04:01
If a person chose NOT to use Go4 or Litchi or KittyHawk, ect and fly with just the controller and eyes on the ground they would have no way of submitting data unless it was from a crash situation and requested by DJI.

DJI can't magically harvest flight data out of the air.
Who is going to upload the data to DJI's servers?
The only data DJI gets to see is the data you choose to upload to DJI yourself.
2018-5-1
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-1 15:10
DJI can't magically harvest flight data out of the air.
Who is going to upload the data to DJI's servers?

No, they can't, obviously done during a synch on the app.  which I do all the time when I use the Go app. and by looking at your own flight distance under your rank, you do also.  
2018-5-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Oldmaninwva Posted at 2018-5-1 15:25
No, they can't, obviously done during a synch on the app.  which I do all the time when I use the Go app. and by looking at your own flight distance under your rank, you do also.

If you were asking about the data stored on the internal data recorder, you would have to have the Phantom connected when you synch records for that to be possible.
Currently synching of flight data works directly from the tablet only.
The internal flight records are much larger and would take a lot longer to synch if it was possible.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your attention. The flight records of DJI GO App and third-party are not synced for now. As for the synchronization of flight logs in the aircraft, I'll forward to our engineers for consideration.
2018-5-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-1 22:18
Thanks for your attention. The flight records of DJI GO App and third-party are not synced for now. As for the synchronization of flight logs in the aircraft, I'll forward to our engineers for consideration.

on a slightly different note, if you use the goggles in USB mode theres no flight logs cause youre not using the device
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 2018-5-1 22:33
on a slightly different note, if you use the goggles in USB mode theres no flight logs cause youre not using the device

The flight logs will be saved in the aircraft as well, but the flight records are not visible at your end when connected with Goggles only.
2018-5-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-8 00:08
The flight logs will be saved in the aircraft as well, but the flight records are not visible at your end when connected with Goggles only.

That is one of the reasons it would be nice if your engineers/developers could make it possible to sync the AC internal records from ex. Assistant2. Also this would salvage a flight record lost on device due to the App crashing as reported in other thread.
2018-5-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-8 02:38
That is one of the reasons it would be nice if your engineers/developers could make it possible to sync the AC internal records from ex. Assistant2. Also this would salvage a flight record lost on device due to the App crashing as reported in other thread.

Yes, this would be a very good idea, i do many flights using goggles via USB, therefore i am losing many miles in synced data

Even if its via the device app for the time being whilst development is underway for the pc/mac (Assistant 2), the reason i say that is because the coding is already there as this is what it does anyway during flight, it just needs an option added that can sync Flight data to flight records after a flight or at a later date, and, i bagsy the name, the "Flight Data to Flight History Dowotsitthingamybob" ;)
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

That is one of the reasons it would be nice if your engineers/developers could make it possible to sync the AC internal records from ex. Assistant2. Also this would salvage a flight record lost on device due to the App crashing as reported in other thread.

That's what I expected as well.
2018-5-13
Use props
Geoff Goy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180584 ft

United Kingdom

Same problem here....I use Pix4D, Drone Deploy etc... and am unable to upload logs from any 3rd party app! These constitute around 45% of my total flying time. Please get a grip, DJI!
2018-6-19
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

That is one of the reasons it would be nice if your engineers/developers could make it possible to sync the AC internal records from ex. Assistant2. Also this would salvage a flight record lost on device due to the App crashing as reported in other thread.

I would be surprised if DJI introduces a way of synching records of flights done with other apps.
Since they keep recommending not to use third party apps - why should they support it this way?

Would it work converting a Litchi csv file into a DJI readable txt file and load it into the assigned folder in the app?
2018-6-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-19 11:21
I would be surprised if DJI introduces a way of synching records of flights done with other apps.
Since they keep recommending not to use third party apps - why should they support it this way?

They do support third party and home made apps by providing the SDK that makes them work. After all, the important information is stored in the aircraft and only partially transmitted to the App.
I don't think you can put foreign logs in the App as it would have to be signed by a DJI key, i even have logs laying there, generated as all other by the system itself but won't show up in the flight records list.
I have noticed as sometimes flights disappear on the list but the file count still matches what was supposed to be listed.

Here is an example where something actually vanished in front of my eyes while during a sync. As it can be seen there, it is aware of some 'records' to the left on a date that puff was gone from the list on the right.

It might not help at all but being possible to sync from the aircraft would give a better chance to have the flights saved when the app mess up.

2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules