My drone crashed in the ocean...
10833 46 2018-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Red Rover Posted at 2018-5-2 18:08
I did have the camera pointed down as I was shooting racing sail boats. I raised it and took a photo of the shore. Then I tried to change it from camera to video and that is when the whole thing went down.
My last shot.

Loss of drone but sometimes the pictures are still worth the risk.  

Watch for lag.  The drone is often ahead of where you think it is if you are flying by the video display in close quarters.  I don't think there is a set amount of lag due to all the digital processing going on.  I think it varies.  Due to the distance from the shore, I assume you were flying totally by video feed.
2018-5-2
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Red Rover Posted at 2018-5-2 11:31
I was using an I-phone 6

DJI Support will told you how to export the flight data manually but if they not.

You can plug your iPhone to iTunes and on the DJI App, you can copy out the flight records and video cache

Hope this help
2018-5-2
Use props
Red Rover
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29747 ft
United States

kfloke Posted at 2018-5-2 19:38
DJI Support will told you how to export the flight data manually but if they not.

You can plug your iPhone to iTunes and on the DJI App, you can copy out the flight records and video cache

Thanks kfloke, they got my data and have sent my case over for consideration. Fingers crossed!
2018-5-3
Use props
Red Rover
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29747 ft
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-5-2 19:07
Loss of drone but sometimes the pictures are still worth the risk.  

Watch for lag.  The drone is often ahead of where you think it is if you are flying by the video display in close quarters.  I don't think there is a set amount of lag due to all the digital processing going on.  I think it varies.  Due to the distance from the shore, I assume you were flying totally by video feed.

Primarily yes... never again though! Hard lesson learned well.
2018-5-3
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Red Rover Posted at 2018-5-3 06:58
Thanks kfloke, they got my data and have sent my case over for consideration. Fingers crossed!

Yeah man finger crossed!!!
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Red Rover Posted at 2018-5-1 08:30
Thank you! I already got confirmation they received my request for help.

Sorry for the late response. Here is the video for your reference to sync the flight records. Please contact us and leave your case number if your need help.
2018-5-7
Use props
fans660a577b
New

United States

I would recommend AGAINST the DJI Care Refresh.  My drone crashed into the ocean as a result of drone error. The drone lost Satellite Connection over the ocean and it never regained connection.  The drone is supposed to return to home after extended disconnect time, but that didn't work either.  I provided my flight records to DJI and they clearly showed it was not pilot error, clearly stated that the drone lost satellite connection and never recovered, and it also clearly showed that the drone never made it back to the home point, but crashed into the ocean (so they know Im not just trying to scam them for a free drone).  My DJI MAVIC 2 PRO is also still under the 1 year warranty, so this malfunction should have been covered.  I don't understand why the policy excludes deep water crashes - as long as it's not pilot error.   Whats the difference if we crash on land or in thea sea, if the drone malfunctioned, they shoudl replace it.  SHOULD I JUST NEVER FLY OVER WATER NOW?  I live in Hawaii and I mainly shoot ocean scenes.  BOTTOM LINE- PASS ON THE DJU CARE REFRESH as they will do their best not to pay out.
2019-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules