Fitting FPV to a Phantom 2
1729 3 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pat.dunham
New

United Kingdom

Hi newbie here.
I  have bought a Phantom 2 bundled with a H4-3D Gimbal which I have fitted. I am using a Gopro Hero 4 silver camera which is connected to the Gimbal with the ribbon cable and plug on the Gimbal. All working well. The gimbal stabilises the camera well and I can control the tilt with the Gimbal wheel on the RC Controller.

The Question is, can I use the DJI Pilot app or Ground station app for FPV flying. I have an iPhone and iPad Air. What do I have to buy to establish a link between my Apple devices and the Phantom.

I have been told that if I try to use the camera Wi-Fi which uses 2.4ghz it can interfere with the controller which also uses a similar frequency. I am reluctant to experiment with this as the last thing I want is to crash or have a flyaway.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Pat
2015-5-10
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

You need a 5.8ghz xmitter/receiver, and monitor.  I use an Immersion RC 600mw transmitter, and a FlySight Black Pearl monitor.   I also recommend IBCrazy Cloverleaf antennas on the trans and receiver, and  a 5 turn IBCrazy helical on the other input on the monitor.

Setup is surprisingly simple, as you can buy a ready made cable on Ebay, which makes it plug and play.

In a wide open area with no civilization to speak of, I can get a mile with very little signal drop off with my Phantom 2.
2015-6-9
Use props
pat.dunham
New

United Kingdom

Starship Posted at 2015-6-10 02:39
You need a 5.8ghz xmitter/receiver, and monitor.  I use an Immersion RC 600mw transmitter, and a Fly ...

Thanks for the advice.
I already have all of the gear you recommend and have it  working but what I really want to do is use the apps on my phone to do waypoint flying. I cannot use them because the Phantom 2 uses 2.Ghz for control. The Phantom 2 Vision ( the next model in the range ) uses 5.8Ghz control to enable the 2,4Ghz frequency to be used for WiFi links to the apps.
2015-6-22
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

pat.dunham@btop Posted at 2015-6-23 08:47
Thanks for the advice.
I already have all of the gear you recommend and have it  working but what  ...

Waypoint flying with the app only works with the Vision quad.
2015-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules