17007 112 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-4 08:12
Why then do people continue to buy DJI products, your first choice; they all support geo fencing and NFZs ?

In Scotland here there is much controlled and restricted airspace, but few NFZ's as such apart from the expected airport perimeters, nuclear plants, prisons etc. So most hobby flyers are good to go if they stick to the guidelines in the drone code. Which are good enough to satisfy most photography, and many video requirements.

just come back from fortrose weather was a bit windy but managed to get some good footage of the place we stayed at , beautiful place ;)
2018-5-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2018-5-4 09:31
just come back from fortrose weather was a bit windy but managed to get some good footage of the place we stayed at , beautiful place ;)

It is a beautiful place (just outside class G for Inverness airport ;-)  ), and if you head North and West from there it just gets better.
Seriously though this is where the notifications can be handy. They do a lot of ultra low level flying in the highlands, down to a couple of hundred feet or less over some of the lochs.

20160310_134023[1] - Copy.jpg
2018-5-4
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-4 10:00
It is a beautiful place (just outside class G for Inverness airport ;-)  ), and if you head North and West from there it just gets better.
Seriously though this is where the notifications can be handy. They do a lot of ultra low level flying in the highlands, down to a couple of hundred feet or less over some of the lochs.

yeh you need to listen out for other aircraft this was my footage i messed up because i used 1080p 30fps i always shoot in 4k but i was messing around with the goggles and it reset the res, but it didn't turn out to bad this is the footage.......

2018-5-4
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-4 07:26
Ask yourself the question :  there are 2 same drone's with the same specs, one with a NFZ and the other none NFZ what will you buy? I think the last one.

I would buy that machine where it is possible to set GeoFense on/off.   

Regards Leif.
2018-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2018-5-4 10:08
yeh you need to listen out for other aircraft this was my footage i messed up because i used 1080p 30fps i always shoot in 4k but i was messing around with the goggles and it reset the res, but it didn't turn out to bad this is the footage.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbcLKkbK4qc&t=87s

Hey Bomber, have to hand it to you lovely piece of work.
Good luck...
2018-5-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-4 07:26
Ask yourself the question :  there are 2 same drone's with the same specs, one with a NFZ and the other none NFZ what will you buy? I think the last one.

I would buy drone with NFZ.  
Yes, I may have some headaches out of it due to false NFZ.  However, having those NFZ in place, might keep my drone from crashing into plane or helicopter.  Resulting in me being ''that Guy'' on TV.
2018-5-4
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-4 16:16
Hey Bomber, have to hand it to you lovely piece of work.
Good luck...

thank you
2018-5-4
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

The app is there only you have to make it in LINUX
@ Bomberuk1 PM
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-1 05:02
Nope, DJI have NFZ app settings for a reason and I am happy to fly legally.

Yes, agree with you.
2018-5-5
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-4 10:00

Hmmmm, looks like an F4-C model, spent many hours in them back in the late 60's early 70's
2018-5-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2018-5-4 10:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbcLKkbK4qc&t=87s

Yeah nice video there, music suited it so well too. Really nice work fella.
2018-5-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-6 02:30
Hmmmm, looks like an F4-C model, spent many hours in them back in the late 60's early 70's

I think it's an RAF Tornado, I'm no expert but an old friend of mine spotted the big tail fin and reckoned that's what it was.

Edit:- not my photo, but another close friend. I use this to illustrate how low is 'normal' when they are practicing.
2018-5-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Hot Hot Hot for who is interesting, windows version is fixed, so start building...... and give credits to the developers
2018-5-6
Use props
SKYCAM UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-6 02:33
Yeah nice video there, music suited it so well too. Really nice work fella.

Thanks matey glad you liked it
2018-5-6
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-6 02:30

Yeah, that’s a Tornado
2018-5-7
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2018-5-3 02:44
i have removed the NFZ file from the mavic and also the firmware, just waiting on the modded go app version 4122 then will get no pop ups at all ;)

you are a looser if you did that...because of people like you we are restricted...because of poeple like you NFZ exist...etc
2018-5-7
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

and i am agree with you..lets fly legaly...
2018-5-7
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

.. parts of this thread should be a NFZ. ;-)
2018-5-7
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Tealk Posted at 2018-5-7 07:50

What DJI did ( INCORRECT NFZ and Warning zones that they implemented )is without any legal obligation or requirement.
2018-5-7
Use props
SKYCAM UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Tealk Posted at 2018-5-7 07:48
you are a looser if you did that...because of people like you we are restricted...because of poeple like you NFZ exist...etc

hi mr drone policeman do you feel better now, and would you like to have the last word before you throw your toys out the pram lol ;) now this is where we stand on this i am way up here looking way down on you, in a race im looking back on you, you wont get anywhere because your stuck in a groove, the dji guys on here will agree with you because they are paid to read it of a scritpt and cant have there own opinion, dji make the best drones thats a fact, but i will not be told where to fly and when thats my choice, and i have taken control back just like many others have done, i am a sensible and a safe flyer but im not goig to be grounded in an inacurate nfz outside my own home, no not anymore ;)
2018-5-7
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-7 09:27
What DJI did ( INCORRECT NFZ and Warning zones that they implemented )is without any legal obligation or requirement.

Agree. DJI has strictly stolen some part of our property after normal European law.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I'm in favor of anything not to endanger my drone or make it land abruptly. I don't know how to remove the NFZ, and why would that be applicable only to Mavic Pro?
2018-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-7 09:27

You are forgetting NFZ on dji drones has been around for awhile so many have bought into NFZ and judging by the poll they are not to put out by it, it also has to be said that we don’t see very many been blocked from flying because of incorrect NFZ , and to those who are if I could make a suggestion that they upload where these problems are and maybe the forum and moderators can help with getting these removed as NFZ , I believe in principle the vast majority see the benefits in both safety and also keeping them out of harms way.
2018-5-7
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

in my town, only airports and fotbal(soccer) arena are in NFZ ...so i didnt see any error, i was and i am going in a lot of states with my bird and again...i dindt seen any error...so for me NFZ  it's ok and it's good to keep at a distance those who want to  fly at airports near planes for example

if many incidents occur, in the near future it will be forbidden to lift them from the ground regardless of size and weight without having a degree perhaps larger than the highschool driving
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Tealk Posted at 2018-5-7 07:50

2018-5-7
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-7 11:47
I'm in favor of anything not to endanger my drone or make it land abruptly. I don't know how to remove the NFZ, and why would that be applicable only to Mavic Pro?

soon it's come available for the spark and P4
read some faq and things on the wiki page.
http://dji.retroroms.info/it's your own will if you want to do some things to your drone.

2018-5-8
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-8 01:54
soon it's come available for the spark and P4
read some faq and things on the wiki page.
http://dji.retroroms.info/it's your own will if you want to do some things to your drone.

I think making any DJI unsupported change to the drone is a risky proposition, insomuch making such adjustment can also increase the likelihood of encountering a malfunction problem. Best to keep the drone unadulterated from its original settings.
2018-5-8
Use props
jerome42
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10617 ft
France

You must use old firmwares if you want to do that, so you will loose important new functions like panoramas.
2018-5-8
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

jerome42 Posted at 2018-5-8 08:57
You must use old firmwares if you want to do that, so you will loose important new functions like panoramas.

negative, you have/do it all even adjust flightparametrics like GPS+ increase RTH speed and Sport+
2018-5-8
Use props
sludge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 831322 ft
United States

Remove it! To the self opinionated people living in the western and more developed work where the data DJI have is very accurate then its great but for us in Africa, well DJI have made a mess of it by simply applying the UK rules. Let pilots decide and the authorities police it not DJI.
2019-3-15
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

nolimitdronez.com
2019-3-15
Use props
djiuser_3BAy8U1yfxFn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8261 ft