Discussion Remove totally NFZ of Mavic Pro
45269 45269 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

i have removed the NFZ file from the mavic and also the firmware, just waiting on the modded go app version 4122 then will get no pop ups at all ;)
2018-5-3
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-1 02:14
When you say it’s possible to remove can you explain how ?

search on youtube i did and now my mavic is free of any restrictions
2018-5-3
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2018-5-3 02:45
i have removed the NFZ file from the mavic and also the firmware, just waiting on the modded go app version 4122 then will get no pop ups at all ;)

what do you mean with waiting for the app?
2018-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-2 22:16
Halmark007: You know it’s strange you want dji to tell everyone about the rules in their country, you also think dji should tell people to fly by those rules, so you have no problems with them telling you what to do with your drone.

No, I did not actually write that at all. I wrote that DJI as the first to raise flight safety should have created a page with links to the different countries' authorities that are relevant to flight safety as well as e-mail addresses to the same authorities.

Maybe you will grow a pair and get the hacked app, you will then have the freedom to fly in all incorrect NFZ’s . If you feel dji go app is so far out then you now have an option, go for it.

Incidentally we will see regulations coming for all of Europe later this year or early 2019, you will also find these rules are a lot less draconian than rules you now have to fly under.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/newsr ... e-operations-europe
2018-5-3
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-3 03:09
what do you mean with waiting for the app?

its currently being modded with nfz removed if your interested in doing this then research it on google and you tube.
2018-5-3
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2018-5-3 05:04
its currently being modded with nfz removed if your interested in doing this then research it on google and you tube.

I can foresee the future. A crash or a flyaway and then a lot of whining.
2018-5-3
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402877 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-3 02:06
“Being an American, I already have to take responsibility for the stupid choices that several governments make, I don't want to add stupid people's restrictions from private companies. Restricting everyone because of the lowest common denominator is a sad way to exist.”

Yeah like walking into a junior school and massacring innocent children. How can one take responsibility for something like this that happens regularly.

And there we go with the personal attacks because some folks lack a compelling argument. You have no moral ground to stand on, coming from a country that starved its people, was too busy fighting amongst themselves (about religion of all the stupid things) to properly take care of the English, and ended up being British anyway, then grew a terrorist organization to try to do something about it a bit to late. Forget the fact that it's an island with no relevancy in a modern world other than being a financial haven for tax dodgers which is the only reason it hasn't buckled and gone bankrupt. Oh, and it has a stupid accent, even compared to Americans in the southern part of the States.

But yeah, America sucks, which is why everyone (expect you, of course) wants to come here and we affect "the rest of the world" as you say. Let's just stick to the topic at hand, commie.
2018-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ChaosKnign Posted at 2018-5-3 07:40
And there we go with the personal attacks because some folks lack a compelling argument. You have no moral ground to stand on, coming from a country that starved its people, was too busy fighting amongst themselves (about religion of all the stupid things) to properly take care of the English, and ended up being British anyway, then grew a terrorist organization to try to do something about it a bit to late. Forget the fact that it's an island with no relevancy in a modern world other than being a financial haven for tax dodgers which is the only reason it hasn't buckled and gone bankrupt. Oh, and it has a stupid accent, even compared to Americans in the southern part of the States.

But yeah, America sucks, which is why everyone (expect you, of course) wants to come here and we affect "the rest of the world" as you say. Let's just stick to the topic at hand, commie.

I think you will find that you decided to get personal when you decided to denigrate both the Chinese people and most of Europe what had this to do with the topic here. You brought it up so don’t shy away from it when reality is pointed out to you.

You know nothing about my countries history that’s clear from your ignorant post, you know less about the world .
I’m not British and never have been, and when 1 million Irish people died in the famine our country was occupied and under control of the British .

The tax dodgers are all Americans they are really showing loyalty to the great USA  But you will find their sole purpose is to dodge tax in your country.

As regards accents again you manage to insult more of your own people, again through your own ignorance.

You still never answered why someone who does not agree with NFZ (on topic) would be so ridiculously STUPID to decide to buy a drone that had NFZ’s included, now that’s a topical question, as you inferred in earlier post those who don’t do research lack the mental capacity, if the shoe fits..
2018-5-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-2 08:46
I believe the goal should be to have correct NFZ, how long it takes to have it working correctly for everyone is anybody’s guess, but in principle I think it should implemented, I do accept that where people are genuinely effected that another temporary option may be needed, how this is implemented I don’t know, but yes if it can it should be.

I also believe that hacked app, is not the answer, the mere fact that it is a hack gives the impression that it will somehow give users the option to fly in NFZ , so it is likely to cause real problems due to Mavericks doing what they perceive to be their right, it also opens the door for all sorts of unintentional flying in or close to NFZ . So we end up with situation that is potentially very detrimental to those who both earn their living and fly as hobbyists, because if something goes wrong then these users are the ones who will have to pay the piper.

I fully agree with you and find this debate unfortunately revealing how many pilots think to be smarter than the rest of the world. Exactly these people are responsible for the high pressure we are under in many countries. Improving the accuracy of the DJI fly safe databases by reporting any errors that we identify is the best way forward in my opinion. And these databases anyway can only be an assisting tool, they can never take away the responsibility from us pilots to carefully check where we are flying and to abide to the existing rules in any given area or country.
2018-5-3
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-5-3 06:05
I can foresee the future. A crash or a flyaway and then a lot of whining.

well then dont do it ,  ive had my mavic pro since launch never had any probs till dji decided to change things so i found a way to change it back and improve it, there seems to be a lot of novice pilots on here that are complaining about they cant firmware update or there mavic is bricked etc all these problems can be eliminated with a modded firmware /go 4/ or rooted mavic, you wont get any help here regarding this as dji dont want you to know either, research youtube or google its all there for the taking with step to step guides and how to,s  
2018-5-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

At some point in the not too distant future it will likely be compulsory to have NFZ's and restricted areas geo fenced, as DJI is providing. And quite possibly leave oneself open to criminal prosecution by choosing to override or manually disable these.
2018-5-3
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402877 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-3 08:16
I think you will find that you decided to get personal when you decided to denigrate both the Chinese people and most of Europe what had this to do with the topic here. You brought it up so don’t shy away from it when reality is pointed out to you.

You know nothing about my countries history that’s clear from your ignorant post, you know less about the world .

Last reply, since this is getting banal.

Calling out entire countries for their behavior is not a personal attack, but then again a communist may think so.

And there you go, blaming others for your countries problems, it wasn't the Irish's fault for being ruled by the British? And becoming British... oh that's right, the island split, didn't it? At any rate, I know of another country that wasn't content with British rule, and instead of allowing this to continue and allowing any atrocity to happen to it's people under British rule, did something about it, instead of just sitting there and blaming others. A bunch of farmers with pitchforks if I recall correctly... you may have actually heard of this country... starts with a U... ends with a SA... USA! USA! USA!

Tax dodgers are not all Americans, but I never said they weren't and doesn't change the fact that Ireland enables this behavior.

And yeah, my opinion on people's accents, whether you like it or not.

I don't agree with some rules or laws, like the archaic 55mph speed limits, or having to pay state taxes (looking at you DPRK {Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia}) but that's not going to stop me from driving or living in a state that clearly should be taken away by the parents. I will damned well drive and complain loudly about it.

BECAUSE I CAN.

It's been a pleasure trolling your fragile emotional self. Have a great day! =D
FREE THE NFZ!
2018-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ChaosKnign Posted at 2018-5-3 15:27
Last reply, since this is getting banal.

Calling out entire countries for their behavior is not a personal attack, but then again a communist may think so.

You know nothing of the history of my country and yes you have personally insulted me and all other Irish citizens of my country.
Nobody here gives a sh#t whether you pay taxes or not and the mere fact that you come here boasting of what you do or don’t do I’m sure is of no interest to anybody here.

The one thing you failed to answer which was right on topic here you ignored.

What kind of a complete IDIOT would buy a drone that has NFZ in built to it and then complain about it, and worse while his foot is stuck in his mouth try’s to tell others they need to do research unless they are suffering from mental stability. What kind of IDIOT would do this. Only an IDIOT that can post the diatribe that you have here, and I’m sure most would agree.

So goodbye.

“It’s a simple idiot-proofing scheme that’s very effective. But no idiot-proofing can overcome a determined idiot.”
2018-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-3 15:59
You know nothing of the history of my country and yes you have personally insulted me and all other Irish citizens of my country.
Nobody here gives a sh#t whether you pay taxes or not and the mere fact that you come here boasting of what you do or don’t do I’m sure is of no interest to anybody here.

and yes you have personally insulted me and all other Irish citizens of my country.

Hypocrisy.jpg
2018-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-3 16:26
and yes you have personally insulted me and all other Irish citizens of my country.

Again the biggest fool in here putting his foot in his mouth, maybe read the thread first to see how the other idiot came quick and fast to insult all of China and most of Europe, now maybe you can put up these screenshots.
And point out what’s not factual about what I said in the screenshot you just posted.
2018-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-3 16:47
Again the biggest fool in here putting his foot in his mouth, maybe read the thread first to see how the other idiot came quick and fast to insult all of China and most of Europe, now maybe you can put up these screenshots.
And point out what’s not factual about what I said in the screenshot you just posted.

This is the full post so people can read again, you of course cropped the bits that didn’t suit you now it’s time to stop trolling.

2018-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-3 16:47

Hallmark007: point out what’s not factual about what I said in the screenshot you just posted.

Per your request
Hallmark007:
The problem with Americans who stick their head above the parapet to spout and preach to the rest of the world

You did what you accused Americans of.  Unlike you, I don't hold Ireland or Irish for your spouting and preaching.

Hallmark007:
You know nothing about my countries history that’s clear from your ignorant post
Hallmark007: a democracy where those who get the most votes come second.

United States is a Republic, not a democracy.  Democracies are ruled by a Majority.  Republics are ruled by Law.   In Republics minorities have Rights an still have a say.  That is one of reasons U.S. has an Electorial College.  Another was a Safety Valve.  In case voters were duped by slick talker or a Liar.  Final Safety Valve is Congress has to accept Eletorial Colleges tally.

Hallmark007: highest murder rate amongst its own people,

You are either misinformed or blowing smoke.

United States ranks 96 down from Top when sorted by Rate
Which countries have the highest murder rates?  (Zoom Out)

2018-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-3 17:53
This is the full post so people can read again, you of course cropped the bits that didn’t suit you now it’s time to stop trolling.

[view_image]

I cropped out top because it was not relevant to your Hypocrisy, because it was about your remarks not another poster here, and it would not be so easy for you to play your Distraction card.

Yet you still have tried.
2018-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-3 18:07
Hallmark007: point out what’s not factual about what I said in the screenshot you just posted.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/ ... atistics/index.html

Go figure,
Now quit the trolling
2018-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-3 18:10
I cropped out top because it was not relevant to your Hypocrisy, because it was about your remarks not another poster here, and it would not be so easy for you to play your Distraction card.

Yet you still have tried.

I noticed you didn’t call out you friend for how he portrays other people and countries, I think it’s know as double standards.
2018-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Hallmark007: highest murder rate amongst its own people,

Facts are hard for you.  America does not have highest murder rate.
America does not even rank in Top 25.

Once again you spouted off, have been called out, and you can't admit you were wrong.

2018-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-3 18:17
I noticed you didn’t call out you friend for how he portrays other people and countries, I think it’s know as double standards.

Side-Tracking for purpose of distracting from being caught at your own Hypocrisy, and now it appears Lying about U.S. having highest murder rate.
2018-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Your CNN article does not back your Statement on America having highest murder rate.

From CNN article you posted a Link too:
According to the Small Arms Survey, El  Salvador is currently home to the most gun-related murders in the world  (excluding active war-zones) with guns killing more than 90 people for  every 100,000 of population.

From  2010-2015, Honduras saw the highest averages of gun-related homicides,  with guns killing 67 out of every 100,000 people there.
Venezuela  and El Salvador are close behind over the same five-year period, with  52 and 49 gun-related deaths, respectively, for every 100,000 of  population.

The US rate over that  period is 4.5 gun-related homicides per 100,000 people. US law  enforcement agencies are not required to report on gun killings by  police. Often, such incidents are recorded as "justifiable homicides,"  and may or may not be included in official homicide statistics,  according to the Small Arms Survey.

How about you admitting you were wrong about America having highest murder rate?
How about you appoligzing to Americans for insulting them?

2018-5-3
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-3 13:16
At some point in the not too distant future it will likely be compulsory to have NFZ's and restricted areas geo fenced, as DJI is providing. And quite possibly leave oneself open to criminal prosecution by choosing to override or manually disable these.

it would be impossible to police just like the line of sight rule
2018-5-3
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Halmark007: Maybe you will grow a pair and get the hacked app, you will then have the freedom to fly in all incorrect NFZ’s . If you feel dji go app is so far out then you now have an option, go for it.

What kind of talk ?  Well, its is street boys talk i believe. Please wait a moment, first translate the expression from an urban dictionary.

Well yes,  when Mr. Halmark some day gets dry behind his ears and hat taught his rubber ducks in the bathtub the maritime sailing rules, he will be so abdult that he can withstand hearing this message from an old grown man. The "grow a pair" has gradually become so big that they are in the way all the time and you wish they will shrink.  

And so to the message again about DJI NFZ: My tool, which I bought for my own money from a local DJI dealer, obviously has to be abel fly where my country's government allows that to happen. So simple is that.

Halmark007: Incidentally we will see regulations coming for all of Europe later this year or early 2019, you will also find these rules are a lot less draconian than rules you now have to fly under.

And no. I do not think it will be easier to fly as an amateur in Denmark when the new EU rules might be adopted. But as we say in Danish, that time that grief and it is not certain that I'm alive when it happens.  

Sail safe, regards Leif.
2018-5-3
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-1 02:14
When you say it’s possible to remove can you explain how ?

facebook page DJI Modding Lounge
2018-5-3
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-3 01:51
As far as I know you can not remove NFZ's on MP running any FW past .0700

yes you can, check wiki about DJI. http://dji.retroroms.info/
This site is created and maintained by community members
2018-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-3 20:55
Halmark007: Maybe you will grow a pair and get the hacked app, you will then have the freedom to fly in all incorrect NFZ’s . If you feel dji go app is so far out then you now have an option, go for it.

What kind of talk ?  Well, its is street boys talk i believe. Please wait a moment, first translate the expression from an urban dictionary.

Well by the sounds of it, you might be here longer than the rest of us, and hopefully NFZ will fit your needs.
Ahoy matey...;+)<
2018-5-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2018-5-3 20:44
it would be impossible to police just like the line of sight rule

I might agree, but for one thing, the technology is now in place in 'Remote Identification' and  DJI Aeroscope on DJI Go 4. Should things go down the compulsory route then the transmission of an identifier and flight information would make it easy to identify aircraft. And once again allow the authorities perhaps to impose stricter penalties on those who chose to disarm or disable these systems.
And through this, line of sight might also be challenged when aircraft is transmitting its position, and that of the home point.
2018-5-4
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-4 01:38
I might agree, but for one thing, the technology is now in place in 'Remote Identification' and  DJI Aeroscope on DJI Go 4. Should things go down the compulsory route then the transmission of an identifier and flight information would make it easy to identify aircraft. And once again allow the authorities perhaps to impose stricter penalties on those who chose to disarm or disable these systems.
And through this, line of sight might also be challenged when aircraft is transmitting its position, and that of the home point.

im running a modded version of the go app, no sign in req no communication to dji at all no prompt for update either im completely of the radar.
2018-5-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2018-5-4 02:36
im running a modded version of the go app, no sign in req no communication to dji at all no prompt for update either im completely of the radar.

Exactly, so potentially if you were approached when flying under possible future rules, and asked why your aircraft is not transmitting its I.D ?

That's one possible future I could see coming.

At present I run an unmodified, fully up to date system, I logged in once and thereafter I have no requirement at all to pass any information to DJI should I chose.
2018-5-4
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-4 02:46
Exactly, so potentially if you were approached when flying under possible future rules, and asked why your aircraft is not transmitting its I.D ?

That's one possible future I could see coming.

it will never happen im not even remotely concerned that it will either, basically i would have been happy enough with the mavic and dji,s little restrictions until one day after a prompt to update firmware i had a message that i was in a nfz and i couldn't take of, i thought what the hell i live on the coast and miles away from air fields but still i couldn't take of, so i thought enough is enough and did loads of research into modding,learnt how to get into the root directory of the mavic to remove nfz, and change any parameter i want, with no limits, i also do a little bit of commercial work so i need the mavic to be totally free of restrictions .
2018-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2018-5-4 02:59
it will never happen im not even remotely concerned that it will either, basically i would have been happy enough with the mavic and dji,s little restrictions until one day after a prompt to update firmware i had a message that i was in a nfz and i couldn't take of, i thought what the hell i live on the coast and miles away from air fields but still i couldn't take of, so i thought enough is enough and did loads of research into modding,learnt how to get into the root directory of the mavic to remove nfz, and change any parameter i want, with no limits, i also do a little bit of commercial work so i need the mavic to be totally free of restrictions .

You do commercial work, so if you came across a NFZ you would not get SOP and just continue to fly in or around NFZ , that’s not commercial work, commercial pilots are trained and will not do any work inside NFZ without prior permission, I think guys who work like this are usually called scabs.
2018-5-4
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-4 05:02
You do commercial work, so if you came across a NFZ you would not get SOP and just continue to fly in or around NFZ , that’s not commercial work, commercial pilots are trained and will not do any work inside NFZ without prior permission, I think guys who work like this are usually called scabs.

well its either do the job and get paid and bend the rules a little as long as its safe to do so , or not get paid its a no brainer and lets not forget dji,s nfz database is very inaccurate that why a modding community has formed ;)  
2018-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2018-5-4 05:06
well its either do the job and get paid and bend the rules a little as long as its safe to do so , or not get paid its a no brainer and lets not forget dji,s nfz database is very inaccurate that why a modding community has formed ;)

Well if you can’t see it from the point of view of properly trained and fully complied commercial pilots, who have spent their hard earned money in preparing correctly and legally and depend on work for their living, then I was right Scab is the word.

NFZ’s are extremely easy to get removed for commercial pilots.
2018-5-4
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-4 05:14
Well if you can’t see it from the point of view of properly trained and fully complied commercial pilots, who have spent their hard earned money in preparing correctly and legally and depend on work for their living, then I was right Scab is the word.

NFZ’s are extremely easy to get removed for commercial pilots.

no need to get personal dude we are having a debat i only do commercial work on the side its not a living, people mainly come to me if they want something filmed, i love flying drones i have had all the phantoms up to p3 then i got the mavic, never had a fly away or any issues, i believe pilot error thats normally down to, i modded my p1 to accept a bigger battery so that i got 25 mins  out of it back in the day, do you want to have a look at my youtube channel maybe you might actually like something that i do, i have old phantom stuff on there as well as the mavic you can tell by the cam quality .
2018-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2018-5-4 05:38
no need to get personal dude we are having a debat i only do commercial work on the side its not a living, people mainly come to me if they want something filmed, i love flying drones i have had all the phantoms up to p3 then i got the mavic, never had a fly away or any issues, i believe pilot error thats normally down to, i modded my p1 to accept a bigger battery so that i got 25 mins  out of it back in the day, do you want to have a look at my youtube channel maybe you might actually like something that i do, i have old phantom stuff on there as well as the mavic you can tell by the cam quality .

I think the crux here is if your breaking the law doing work illegal then coming on here, you leave yourself open for whatever comes your way, best to keep your illegalities to yourself, I don't think anyone is really that interested here.
2018-5-4
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-4 06:07
I think the crux here is if your breaking the law doing work illegal then coming on here, you leave yourself open for whatever comes your way, best to keep your illegalities to yourself, I don't think anyone is really that interested here.

your right  this forum has always been full of drone police and mindless sheep, i had my account suspended last time i tried to help people on here who wanted to free there drones, to be quite honest i couldn't give a monkeys if i got banned on here again, modding is the way forward but not on here , the modding community is growing and im glad that im part of it, me and you will never agree so lets just call it a day and move on, you can have the last word if you want i dont  care, as im done now ok m8 ;)
2018-5-4
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Ask yourself the question :  there are 2 same drone's with the same specs, one with a NFZ and the other none NFZ what will you buy? I think the last one.
2018-5-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-4 07:26
Ask yourself the question :  there are 2 same drone's with the same specs, one with a NFZ and the other none NFZ what will you buy? I think the last one.

Why then do people continue to buy DJI products, your first choice; they all support geo fencing and NFZs ?

In Scotland here there is much controlled and restricted airspace, but few NFZ's as such apart from the expected airport perimeters, nuclear plants, prisons etc. So most hobby flyers are good to go if they stick to the guidelines in the drone code. Which are good enough to satisfy most photography, and many video requirements.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules