App crash controller ac disconnect
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mickus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 601677 ft
United States

Was flying yesterday and started getting pixelation and warning of weak transmission signal abot 15K distance. App crashed, complete blackout, then controller started beeping and had red light showing controller disconnected from ac. I had tried RTH previously but always within line of sight and always with useing the RTH button. I had never thought of testing it with disconnecting the controller. After having to reboot my tablet I restarted the app and had the equipment screen come up but I still had no remote connection so I waited. After what seemed a long time the remote connected and I got camera view back on the app but no transmission from ac, about 2000ft out the transmission signal returned and I noticed that the ac was at just over 200ft height and not the RTH setting of 140. Shortly afterwards the ac was in visual range and I allowed it to complete the RTH landing. So apart from the height discrepancy everything worked as it was supposed to.  
2018-5-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RTH is very reliable.
What height was your drone at when the incident occurred?
RTH will never descend to RTH height.
If it is higher than the RTH height setting, the drone will simply come home at that altitude.
2018-5-1
Use props
Mickus
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-1 05:23
RTH is very reliable.
What height was your drone at when the incident occurred?
RTH will never descend to RTH height.

I originally was flying at around 120 ft, when I started to lose reception I ascended to see if it would improve then everything went south on me. I did not realize it would not descend in RTH but makes sense for safety.
Looking back I am glad I had played with the RTH feature as I was not in the least concerned when I lost contact, my RTH height setting was well above any obstacles for return home.
Regards
Mick.
2018-5-1
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I am not known to the App for the P3 series but on the Go4 unless something has changed recently, the RTH altitude is always in meters regardless of the units selected in the settings, could it be the same in your app?
2018-5-1
Use props
Mickus
lvl.3
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-1 22:33
I am not known to the App for the P3 series but on the Go4 unless something has changed recently, the RTH altitude is always in meters regardless of the units selected in the settings, could it be the same in your app?

Yes it is in meters I just convert it to feet.
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules