That happens any of you ?

2015-5-10
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is a bug in the latest firmware. Happening with my Inspire also. It is a video feed loss, however you can still control the bird. It will kick on after about 3-5 seconds. The latest firmware for both is nothing but a disaster.
2015-5-10
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

I have yet to fly, but using the simulator it loses  connection constantly. Not giving me much confidence in flying. Renders the simulator useless as it is constantly losing signal. I really hope they fix this soon! Might wait to fly until next firmware update.
2015-5-10
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-11 01:53
It is a bug in the latest firmware. Happening with my Inspire also. It is a video feed loss, however ...

So bad I hope they find the way to fix that
2015-5-10
Use props
meiobenthos
lvl.1

Germany

I had this, too. Today I was disconnected from my bird. I unplugged the USB cable from the RC and re-connected. After 2-3 second the live view was back online.
2015-5-10
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I lost all control, including flight control 2x today when the bird was pretty close to the controller.  It auto returned it had lost control for so long.  I wonder if something isn't up with this Firmware.  I've been flying since April 29th and this never happened before.
2015-5-10
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

Are all these issues with the video feed dropping out (and even drone control) AFTER the latest firmware update (1.1.8)??  If so, what testing are DJI doing on their firmwares?????
2015-5-10
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I just flew again near my house.  I am getting a lot of little short disconnects you can just see the RED flash of disconnect then it comes back online.  I never had this before FW 1.1.8

Something has changed.   It didn't cause any noticeable problems, I never lost control of the aircraft or anything but I am not getting flashes of the red DISCONNECT warning in the top middle of the screen near the status area that was never there before.

I've flown every day since the 29th and this is the first day I've had any issues like this.
2015-5-10
Use props
jpweather
lvl.2

United States

My Phantom 3 Pro is doing the same thing.  It will work good for the first 5 minutes of flight and then the video will start disconnecting.  I have total control of the Phantom and the signal strengths are full in which i am right near the phantom with the controller.  This will happen most every flight now and it did not do this before this firmware update.  I also noticed the transfer of the media taken is much slower than it was as well and it will fail downloading the video and photos to my iPad mini 2 every time i select more than one file to transfer.   I also can see the video acting funny when i am doing that as well.  The thing about this is that I have been flying near the adirondack mountains in NY and there is no cell signal and no homes or power lines near so it's definitely something with the firmware.
2015-5-10
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
United States

Any news from DJI ?
2015-5-11
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

try turning off the wifi on your tablet.  That made a big impact to me.  Also mobiles with hotspots can cause an issue or so I was told.  
2015-5-11
Use props
tokon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1732707 ft
Germany

Same issue here, but only once.
2015-5-11
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
United States

jon.jongodfrey Posted at 2015-5-11 23:03
try turning off the wifi on your tablet.  That made a big impact to me.  Also mobiles with hotspots  ...

Thanks I will try
2015-5-11
Use props
FlyingDog
lvl.2

Taiwan

Today it happened to my P3 for the first time.  I was checking the Pilot app settings on my iPad in house, with both the controller and P3 powered-on, when suddenly I lost the video feed, the Pilot app video screen became all black, but the control parameters were all there and still responding.  My iPad, the controller, and the P3 were all together within 30cm from each other.  

Trying to find out witch part went wrong, I removed and restarted the Pilot app, still the same.  Power cycled the P3, still the same.  Then I power cycled the controller, it recovered.  I wonder if I encounter this during the flight, I would not want to power cycle the controller while P3 is up in the air.  Hope it is not something in in the hardware but firmware that can be fixed soon.
2015-5-13
Use props
pporter6054
lvl.1

United States

It happened to me today, lost both control and video I was only 220 feet away and 120 feet high, today was its first flight, this is not good, I like long range fpv, this can not be used for that with this happening, anyone hears anything from DJI?

~phil
2015-5-13
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I hope this has nothing to do with the Inspire problems. There are rumors claiming DJI used non legal ISM fequencies in the Inspire and castrated the frequencies with a FW which lead to a much shorter range than before. My hope is that the P3 remote is newer and i guess it was certified in 2015. The thing is many unhappy inspire users popping up now with shortened range.  
2015-5-13
Use props
jwhite
lvl.1

United States

Having same issue as others are describing. Made it a few hundred feet away and then completely lost signal and the P3 flew itself back home and landed. Never had this happen until after the firmware update. I flew it 8000 ft away last week, updated this morning, now I can barely get anything to work
2015-5-13
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

I P3Pro is arriving tomorrow. Should I wait to do any FW upgrades??? These forums are making me nervous. Lots of threads about this disconnect issue.
2015-5-14
Use props
paulsheaves
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

has DJI found a fix for this yet?
2015-5-17
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Only 8 channels can be used now.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-11288-1-1.html
2015-5-17
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
United States

paulsheaves@hot Posted at 2015-5-17 18:28
has DJI found a fix for this yet?

at least in my case, I changed the cable, and so far 4 flights in the row without any fail.

I will keep update if something happen
2015-5-17
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-17 20:13
Only 8 channels can be used now.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-11288-1-1.html

But the actual version is .1.1.1,  and that link is 1.0.3
2015-5-17
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

digitaldave Posted at 2015-5-14 22:49
I P3Pro is arriving tomorrow. Should I wait to do any FW upgrades??? These forums are making me nerv ...

You should be fine. I know where you are coming from. I read all these posts and think dam look at all these people have issues. It scares you. But for every one person having issues there are 1000's of people have no issues.

It is a personal call, but I fly mine almost every day with no problems.
2015-5-17
Use props
davemex
lvl.2

United States

I think this definitely has to be a signal issue from my experience. I use a Nexus 7 2013 tablet with the P3 Pro. The cables are always seated firmly so I don't think they're coming disconnected and the tablet was bought solely for use with the P3 so it has almost no other software on it. I always fly with the tablet in Airplane mode (wifi off). On occasion, around 5 minutes in, I will lose all video. It will cut back in briefly but never fully recovers. I can maintain control of the P3 and have to get it home with either RTH or line of sight flight. Once I land and reboot the controller (that is the only thing that fixes this), I will regain connection and can continue flying. It still scares the crap out of me every time. I really hope they address this soon.
2015-5-18
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

Ipad mini can overheat.  Make sure there' s no case involved.  I've personally not experienced this other than being out of range with my mini 2 .  But I have read where the mini 2 gets hot.
2015-5-18
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

Gatorone30 Posted at 2015-5-17 22:44
You should be fine. I know where you are coming from. I read all these posts and think dam look at ...

Appreciate it. I'm happy to report I have had 0 issues so far with everything upgraded and about 6 flights in. I also took a piece of advice from another topic to keep WiFi and BT off. The only hiccup I have had so far is I took one flight right outside my door in my neighborhood and had terrible interference with FPV. I chalked it up to my neighbors using a lot of 2.4ghz in the area. But other than that we seem to be all systems go here
2015-5-18
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

davemex Posted at 2015-5-18 22:15
I think this definitely has to be a signal issue from my experience. I use a Nexus 7 2013 tablet wit ...

This really concerns me.  First, I'm appalled the app supports all the Apple gear, but limits the Android gear.  The app should NOT support the device, but the OS on Android like it does on the Apple IOS.  I have to correct OS version on five different Androids, only one of which, one of my phones, the Pilot App runs on.  I contacted DJI and was told the others are not supported - regardless the OS level.

So, I just ordered a Nexus 7 2013.  Now I see the app doesn't operate correctly on that tablet either.

I admit, I'm becoming more and more frustrated with DJI and their horrid support especially so with the amount of money I have invested in the P3 Pro and other required equipment.

Steve Aikens
Clovis, NM
2015-5-18
Use props
davemex
lvl.2

United States

knupla2 Posted at 2015-5-19 00:22
This really concerns me.  First, I'm appalled the app supports all the Apple gear, but limits the  ...

I don't think this is an issue with the OS or the tablet. This is an issue on both iOS and Android that has to do with the signal. I have had zero APP issues (other than the disconnection) on either my Nexus tablet or my phone, which is a Oneplus One and is definitely not supported.

I'd like to see this issue get attention and hopefully reach a resolution, but faulting DJI for supporting Apple more than Android isn't going to resolve this issue. Nobody can possibly support all the thousands of Android devices given their level of fragmentation. At least the Android app was available long before the iOS one was released!
Edited to specify that I didn't have issues with the app, just the disconnection.
2015-5-18
Use props
paulsheaves
lvl.1
United Kingdom

davemex Posted at 2015-5-19 04:12
I don't think this is an issue with the OS or the tablet. This is an issue on both iOS and Android  ...

Another thread on the same problem is here http://forum.dji.com/thread-15604-1-1.html
2015-5-20
Use props
sgsmith560
New

South Africa

Why no response from DJI?
2015-5-21
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

DJI has been completely unresponsive to even direct emails except for their automated response.

The more I try to deal with them, the more frustrated I become.  They don't care to respond the forum, direct emails even when they concern orders placed they haven't shipped in the specified time frame.

I'm honestly beginning to believe I've made a bad decision to buy a P3 Pro, accessories and the hard case.
2015-5-22
Use props
cheferstan
lvl.1

I have been experiencing "in-flight" disconnects for  a few weeks with my P3Pro. Ipad Air and all updates applied. I am an experienced user having a P2 and now the P3 since it came out. I have read all these posts and can sympathize with all of you. I have tried every suggestion including the one that has shown "some" improvement. I just put the Ipad on "Airplane" mode turning off all Cellular and BT input. I took the P3P up for an 18 minute run and to my surprise I had a smooth uneventful flight to 1350 feet. After a few dozen photos, I brought her down with no issues. I do not fly higher then 600 feet but was testing the video signal which was still green when I descended.
I will continue to fly today and see if in fact this reduces the in-flight video disconnects.
2016-6-5
Use props
genesiscabarete
New
Dominican Republic

SAME PROBLEM FOR ME !! SO frustrated ! I just started to experience same issue I have a P3 4K——- that is besides my gimbal dial that stopped working right after doing an upgrade right when I just got it. I can't understand how one of the main Drone companies have so much fu#k ups in the products I haven't seen so many forums just of complains. JEEZZZ !
2016-10-8
Use props
pddl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17658655 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same issue as above.

Problem is, this is a replacement P3S that i received from DJI and it now drops the video feed. My previous one that i had NEVER had this issue and could fly it out 500m without video feed disconnecting. This new one it drops out from 10m....

2016-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules