Another Black Eye for Us
792 12 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dewey3
lvl.2
United States

Sorry if this was posted before... the article is dated April 23rd, but I don't recall seeing it here.  Drone forces helicopter to take evasive action and interferes with commercial aviation at Dallas' Love Field: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Pilot-at-Love-Field-Avoids-Collision-With-Drone-480556801.html.
2018-5-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Not good.  This is what leads to more restrictions, regulations, and laws.  Some of aforementioned  will be feel-good or knee-jerk.
2018-5-1
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Interesting sound bites that excitedly proclaim that a drone to the engine or to the windshield,... splat, like a large bird.  Birds also known to fly in the nation's skies.  If the helicopter took the drone to the main rotor blades,...splat, just like the drone that collided with the US Army blackhawk.

Don't see how catching drones is a problem as most of them broadcast their location on unencrypted radio links.  Here I am!  Here I am!  Marko,....Polo!  Finding the channel is the issue?
2018-5-1
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Another irresponsible drone pilot, seriously I hope the police and or FAA catch this idiot and throw the book at him/her.
2018-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The irony of it is the very thread above this one as I post, decides it’s a good idea to let others know of a hack to free your drone from NFZ , I believe the drone community are not doing themselves any favours here.
2018-5-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

That is why the NFZ is so important and should not be able to be removed.
2018-5-1
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
United States

Another case of dumb and dumber...  Stupid is Stupid does!
2018-5-1
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

People just must be aware that flying a drone can pose a serious threat. Like firing an air gun. Although air guns are easily accessible, very few actually fire them at others or at airplanes (or flash laser pointers at aircraft which is dangerous too). On the other hand, if someone were to commit a crime using a drone no regulations would stop that person.
2018-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

asaw Posted at 2018-5-1 13:35
People just must be aware that flying a drone can pose a serious threat. Like firing an air gun. Although air guns are easily accessible, very few actually fire them at others or at airplanes (or flash laser pointers at aircraft which is dangerous too). On the other hand, if someone were to commit a crime using a drone no regulations would stop that person.

So we should accept ignorance and accidents without prevention.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21038129
2018-5-1
Use props
GLJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-1 15:40
So we should accept ignorance and accidents without prevention.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21038129

No, but punishing everyone that didn't do the crime is not the solution.  That seems to be the way the government is currently dealing with it.
2018-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GLJones Posted at 2018-5-1 21:41
No, but punishing everyone that didn't do the crime is not the solution.  That seems to be the way the government is currently dealing with it.

I don’t think we will see this happen if the drone community get their house in order.
2018-5-2
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

Suren Posted at 2018-5-1 11:02

I strongly agree with you Suren
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Suren Posted at 2018-5-1 11:02

Yes, agree with you.
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules