1690 21 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fede cape
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71591 ft
United States

Hello guys,

New Spark owner, and I'm loving it so far. I didn't get the fly more combo so I def. want at least an extra battery! However, before I jump on the first thing that I see, I would like to ask you guys for recommendations. Portability is everything in what I do so accessories should not increase the bulk of my travel bag.

What I carry (or will carry) so far is:

• Drone
  • Remote Control
  • Pair of extra props (will buy more to have stock)
  • Extra batteries (1 or 2) + Potentially a charger for these
  • You tell me

Because of the remote, I will be needing a new carrying pouch/case as the one that comes in the box does not have space for it. As per the batteries, I would like to order them as soon as possible so that I can continue flying for more than just 15 minutes. I imagine DJI official products is the way to go, but what is a good price/bundle and where do I buy them from? Is Amazon fine?

Thank you in advance!
2018-5-1
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Best deal for batteries is to get the Spark portable charging station. You get the station and 2 extra batteries for not much more than the cost of 2 batteries by themselves.

For the case, there's a nice compact one from SMATree that fits everything in it.
2018-5-1
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I get the Spark with the remote control one month ago and one week ago I’ve picked the portable charging station that come with two battery, and the bag for this station. You can also put the remote control in this bag. I think this Is the best accessory for our Spark.
2018-5-1
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

2018-5-1
Use props
fede cape
lvl.1
United States

do you have a link for this bundle?
2018-5-1
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I think the Spark hard foam case it comes with is best suitable for transporting the drone with three batteries and it maintains a small enough form factor. I keep the Spark with all its components (Fly More Combo) at all times packed inside a backpack designed for laptops and electronics. I also keep my Mavic Pro housed together with the Spark in the backpack and the combined weight isn't really too heavy, but it gives me the ability to carry both drones in 1 bag with all its contents where I can go mobile with my drones whenever need be.
2018-5-1
Use props
fede cape
lvl.1
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-1 10:15
I think the Spark hard foam case it comes with is best suitable for transporting the drone with three batteries and it maintains a small enough form factor. I keep the Spark with all its components (Fly More Combo) at all times packed inside a backpack designed for laptops and electronics. I also keep my Mavic Pro housed together with the Spark in the backpack and the combined weight isn't really too heavy, but it gives me the ability to carry both drones in 1 bag with all its contents where I can go mobile with my drones whenever need be.

Yes the foam case does handle 3 batteries + drone, but no space for the remote. The spark is my only drone so I'm looking for a good all in one solution to travel with it and my other bag essentials (laptop, clothing, etc)
2018-5-1
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

fede cape Posted at 2018-5-1 10:24
Yes the foam case does handle 3 batteries + drone, but no space for the remote. The spark is my only drone so I'm looking for a good all in one solution to travel with it and my other bag essentials (laptop, clothing, etc)

Aside from the included hard foam case, for the rest of Spark's accessories including the Remote Controller, prop guards, and charger I keep them housed inside the Fly More Combo bag. DJI sells this and other bags for Spark on its website: https://store.dji.com/category/spark?from=shop
2018-5-1
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

fede cape Posted at 2018-5-1 10:03

On DJI store. https://m.dji.com/category/spark?from=shop
2018-5-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-1 13:00
On DJI store. https://m.dji.com/category/spark?from=shop

Is the box really as heavy as the portable charging station alone?

2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fede cape Posted at 2018-5-1 10:03

Hi, this is the link to Spark Portable Charging Station: https://store.dji.com/product/spark-portable-charging-station and this is the link to Spark Portable Power Pack: https://store.dji.com/product/spark-portable-power-pack, thanks!
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-1 17:25

The link for Spark Portable Charging Station Bag: https://store.dji.com/product/spark-portable-charging-station-bag

2018-5-1
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-1 17:25

The bag does not weigh much and it is very comfortable to care.
2018-5-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-1 23:25
The bag does not weigh much and it is very comfortable to care.

Yep, but if the 645 g from the description is right, the bag alone has almost the weight of the mobil charging station. Which makes it 1.3 kg alone for more equipment, to charge 3 batteries outdoors.
I just look from the side of a carry on trip by plane. 3 extra batteries will get you the same flighttime but are a lot less weight.
2018-5-2
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-2 01:52
Yep, but if the 645 g from the description is right, the bag alone has almost the weight of the mobil charging station. Which makes it 1.3 kg alone for more equipment, to charge 3 batteries outdoors.
I just look from the side of a carry on trip by plane. 3 extra batteries will get you the same flighttime but are a lot less weight.

For me, the weight seems reasonable. And apart from the drone, I carry in my backpack a tripod, an external battery, an ipad air, adapter for the ipad and the tripod ...
2018-5-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Good, so now we/I can look it up.
1800 g. for bird, remote and "6 batteries", so to speak.
Thank you very much!
2018-5-2
Use props
djiuser_dDK9ZHTs2zFR
lvl.1

United States

Whatever you get, get it from Amazon and NOT the DJI store.  If any thing does not work when you get it,  Amazon will send you out a new one the next day.  I bought the Spark fly more package and the Remote Control would not charge.  DJI customer service now tells me it will be 3 weeks before I get a replacement remote.
2018-5-4
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-2 02:32
For me, the weight seems reasonable. And apart from the drone, I carry in my backpack a tripod, an external battery, an ipad air, adapter for the ipad and the tripod ...[view_image][view_image]

Is there room to put a smartphone and cables ?  I’ve had a look at pictures and it doesn’t look there is.  It would be great if this had a bit extra room or a pocket for accessories as you sill need a separate bag for that
2018-5-4
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_dDK9ZHTs2zFR Posted at 2018-5-4 12:40
Whatever you get, get it from Amazon and NOT the DJI store.  If any thing does not work when you get it,  Amazon will send you out a new one the next day.  I bought the Spark fly more package and the Remote Control would not charge.  DJI customer service now tells me it will be 3 weeks before I get a replacement remote.

3 weeks!? Wow!
2018-5-5
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-5-4 14:38
Is there room to put a smartphone and cables ?  I’ve had a look at pictures and it doesn’t look there is.  It would be great if this had a bit extra room or a pocket for accessories as you sill need a separate bag for that

Cable yes, a smartphone sure not posible. For that you have the pockets of the pants.
2018-5-5
Use props
p0w3r
lvl.1

After reading your replies I agree that the portable charger is a great tool for any spark owner. If you plan on flying indoors for real estate photography/video, or for recreation, I recommend propellor guards. The down side to propellor guards is that it increases the weight of the spark decreasing flight time and it might hinder stabilization a tad. If you know your flying in an open space then keep the guards at home. Last but not least I recommend as many batteries as you can get. I have four and it wouldn't hurt to buy more.
2018-6-10
Use props
NedUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 555262 ft
United Kingdom

Honestly I looked hard at these charging stations and what works a lot better is the SmaTree charging station....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smatree ... words=smatree+spark

run this set up with 4 batteries in total and you will never run out of power.

Unit can charge 3 batteries in 40mins from dead to full.

and you don't have to dock the drone to charge a battery.

defo the better way to go....
2018-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules