DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sinds the latest update inspire 2,

i have:

1 - gimbal after landing turns to the left 170 degree
2 - today i did start, did fly to 6 meters up, suddendly did say : limeted hight in this eara!!!, what?, i did fly here always and there is no airfield or what so ever, compleet emty aerea for 40km.
3 - today suddenly the remote start to bieb fast after 3 sec on power on and red led blinking fast, aircraft not on jet ( i am not that fast), then shut down the remote and put it back on and the beebing is gone.
4 - gimbal in flight sudenly does the same like the landing, but now in mid air 170 dergee or so to the left horizontal
5 - i have never had it, bud now and then the go4 app hangs up and freez-up and does not come back, i have to restart the app
6- never had it, bud the gimbal drifts slowely to the right, when hanging still in the air and i do noting, it keeps going to drift in the horizontal line

So a lot of strange things go on after the update.

The only good thing i did get for free after 5 months is the 4 sets of battery's that have had the cell error are ok now! i had to buy 4 sets new becuase of that!!!, now i have 8 sets
( thanks DJI, but you can keep driving your expensif cars ), let them rest for 72 hours!!!
As a free gift i did get back a lot off strange things, like i did tell before ( point 1-6 )
So a lot of work still to do for DJI guys!!!
Sorry for my englisch

Vincent

2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Vincent, sorry to read on the difficulties after updating the firmware.
It seems most the issues are gimbal related, did you try to calibrate the gimbal and reset the Gimbal Settings? After the firmware upgrade, it is recommended to calibrate IMU, vision system, RC. For the first issue, our engineers are keeping testing and optimizing, we will get it addressed soon. But it should not happen in midair, please try to calibrate everything as I said and you can also try to reset the drone to factory default via DJI Assistant 2.
For the APP issue, may I have the APP version and what mobile device you are using?
2018-5-1
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-1 23:50
Hi Vincent, sorry to read on the difficulties after updating the firmware.
It seems most the issues are gimbal related, did you try to calibrate the gimbal and reset the Gimbal Settings? After the firmware upgrade, it is recommended to calibrate IMU, vision system, RC. For the first issue, our engineers are keeping testing and optimizing, we will get it addressed soon. But it should not happen in midair, please try to calibrate everything as I said and you can also try to reset the drone to factory default via DJI Assistant 2.
For the APP issue, may I have the APP version and what mobile device you are using?

Hi Mindy,

Yes did all the calibrations, I do it again and let you know.
The app is the most resent version you did gif us, I use the iPad mini 4 , no other apps are on it.
only dronedeploy, and your DJIGO4 app.
we never use the iPad for something else, and always did it's job perfect. It's posible that the resent Apple updtae for the ipad do this, i do not know....

Vincent
2018-5-2
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-5-2 06:00
Hi Mindy,

Yes did all the calibrations, I do it again and let you know.

In our case, tried the latest FW in the i2 and the bird refused to fly. We had unlocked the local airport but we were 20 km from there. The Inspire kept saying we could not take off in a No Fly Zone, but there was not any indication in the map of a red circle. We tried unlocking the local airport. The circle turned green, but anyway the bird refused to fly (again, we were 20Km from there). We almost lost our working day. Suddenly, locking again the No Fly Zone, which we were very far from, it started working...
We then took our second Inspire with Cendence and Cristal Sky. With the Cendence as Master, the I2 could fly 7 Km/h max. Swapped Cristal Sky with the Slave RC and the same: 6-7 Km/h max. Then we swapped RC and it started to fly normally... Ther was not any indication in the app.
We are still scratching our heads... any clue?
2018-5-2
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Airking Pilot Posted at 2018-5-2 20:20
In our case, tried the latest FW in the i2 and the bird refused to fly. We had unlocked the local airport but we were 20 km from there. The Inspire kept saying we could not take off in a No Fly Zone, but there was not any indication in the map of a red circle. We tried unlocking the local airport. The circle turned green, but anyway the bird refused to fly (again, we were 20Km from there). We almost lost our working day. Suddenly, locking again the No Fly Zone, which we were very far from, it started working...
We then took our second Inspire with Cendence and Cristal Sky. With the Cendence as Master, the I2 could fly 7 Km/h max. Swapped Cristal Sky with the Slave RC and the same: 6-7 Km/h max. Then we swapped RC and it started to fly normally... Ther was not any indication in the app.
We are still scratching our heads... any clue?

Same strage things we have to, the only difference, yes we did lose the job!!!, got damm
We can say we are not beginners, we fly for 7 years now, after more than 2000 times flying, we now what to do, calibrate, look for setting etc..., we also know that when it's us we do someting dum or when it's DJI that did not test things 1000%, i think tDJi have sofware trobbels, and it cost us a lot of money, so i hope DJI understands when that happens we are getting angry when we start to losing clients!
2018-5-3
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

any respond DJI?????
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now