Very first Image
1102 21 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duncdude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18491 ft
United Kingdom

First two times out with my spark and its three batteries i spent all my time just getting the hang of what input on the controller does what action to the drone. Third time out i kept it low and well within sight and had a go at a couple of images and some video. The video is as you might expect.... very uninspiring and amatuer, but all part of the learning curve.
Took a few photos though so thought i would post up on here what is effectively my first image taken with the Spark. Again, nothing really to write home about but it has certainly got my enthusiasm for this activity well and truly simmering. I see an awful lot of opportunities opening up...

Wayoh

Wayoh
2018-5-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice shot! Congrats.
2018-5-2
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

that is a nice shot!
you may want to consider playing with the simulator to get familiar with the controls
2018-5-2
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Very nice picture!
2018-5-2
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

Very nice! A promising start.....looking forward to more
2018-5-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

Are these edited or natural colors? If natural, this is out of this world.... very nice.
2018-5-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Very nice picture.
Looking at your location: Did you photoshop the sun/shades into it? ;-)
Nice location for drone pictures, not only when the sun decides to come out
2018-5-2
Use props
Duncdude
lvl.2
United Kingdom

dj_dread Posted at 2018-5-2 04:06
that is a nice shot!
you may want to consider playing with the simulator to get familiar with the controls

Sounds like a good idea. I havent even opened the simulator yet so it will be interesting to see what that  offers
2018-5-2
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great shot, think your learning curve the same as mine, first couple of flights I was so focussed on flying. But if each time you learn one new thing....it's a great  location you have there to practice too. Good luck!
2018-5-2
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great shot, think your learning curve the same as mine, first couple of flights I was so focussed on flying. But if each time you learn one new thing....it's a great  location you have there to practice too. Good luck!
2018-5-2
Use props
Duncdude
lvl.2
United Kingdom

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-5-2 06:50
Are these edited or natural colors? If natural, this is out of this world.... very nice.

No. I have to admit that not 100% unedited. I ran the file through photomatix. A HDR editing piece of software. I actually think it is a little overdone. Im a believer of less is more, particularly with HDR images. Need to tone it down a little really.
2018-5-2
Use props
Duncdude
lvl.2
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-2 06:55
Very nice picture.
Looking at your location: Did you photoshop the sun/shades into it? ;-)
Nice location for drone pictures, not only when the sun decides to come out

Thanks. No photoshop but as mentioned earlier i have processed it in photomatix. A little over cooked if im honest. Shadows and sun are 100% genuine though. Location is literally just behind my house.
2018-5-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

I note that you tried HDR here. Most of the shot looks fine, but the shadowing behind the trees (bottom right) doesn't look too good.  It's a very nice view, however.  Keep up the good work. Thanks for the share.
2018-5-2
Use props
Smark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

Well done, sir!
2018-5-2
Use props
sSunsets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

That's a super image I'd die for... keep it up in that area with video.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Duncdude Posted at 2018-5-2 13:20
Sounds like a good idea. I havent even opened the simulator yet somit will be interesting to see what that  offers

Glad that you have a great time with your drone. I am looking forward to see more good pictures.
2018-5-2
Use props
Duncdude
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-5-2 14:09
I note that you tried HDR here. Most of the shot looks fine, but the shadowing behind the trees (bottom right) doesn't look too good.  It's a very nice view, however.  Keep up the good work. Thanks for the share.

Yes, you are right. The shadow details has gone too far. it is really a bit over processed in a few areas. Having said that though it is only processed from a single image. i hadnt originally intended to progress any images from this flight as hdr so i didnt produce any bracketed exposures.
2018-5-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Duncdude Posted at 2018-5-3 03:08
Yes, you are right. The shadow details has gone too far. it is really a bit over processed in a few areas. Having said that though it is only processed from a single image. i hadnt originally intended to progress any images from this flight as hdr so i didnt produce any bracketed exposures.

For beginners (like me) it's a bit trial-and-error, but when it comes out right it's very rewarding.
2018-5-3
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft

As I'm sure you've already figured out, practice, practice, practice.  Awesome first shot.  Enjoy
2018-5-3
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft

Good start  
2018-5-3
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Great shot for a rookie! Thanks for sharing!
2018-5-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

nice one keep it up
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules