No video on iPad from Z3
1100 5 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colin M.
lvl.2
United States

I have a Z3 connected to a LB2 and A3 flight controller. Camera settings appear on the iPad along with the gimba health looking good and the gimbal responds when calibrated and settings are changed. Gimbal also turns when wheel on LB2 ground unit is turned. There just is no video on the iPad from the Z3. I have two of the exact same setup and both behave the same, we have tried both cameras on both flight controls and LB2 units, both with the same result. There maybe a setting I missed in LB2 or the A3, any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. The last thing is I am not positive what firmware is currently loaded on the Z3. I tried loading the M600 firmware but it resulted in a Abort.

Thanks in advance.

2018-5-1
Use props
Katbusa3274
lvl.2
Flight distance : 411696 ft

So you are using the M600 gimbal mount right?

If you are then I think I can help. We run several systems identical to yours. In the LB2 there are bandwidth settings. You can allocate bandwidth between two different video channels. Going from memory I believe the channels are EXT and LB2. Go into the settings and change them to EXT and allocate the video bandwidth to the EXT channel.

Like I said I'm going off memory so I will double check tomorrow once I get to the office.
2018-5-2
Use props
Katbusa3274
lvl.2

I forgot to mention the settings should be in the DJI Go app. I don't think there are any useful settings for the LB2 when connecting it to the DJI Assistant PC software.

Like I said the video channel and bandwidth settings should be allocated to either LB2 or EXT.. it's one of the two but I think it's the EXT channel.
2018-5-2
Use props
Colin M.
lvl.2
United States

Yes we are using the M600 gimbal mount. Any help you can provide would be very helpful as I am getting silence out of DJI.
2018-5-2
Use props
Katbusa3274
lvl.2

LB2 Settings

My pictures got messed up some. No idea why they uploaded in the order they are in. The forum seems a bit buggy. However these are the settings for our LB2 and A3 using the M600 gimbal mount with a Z3 attached.
Go into the settings menu in the DJI go app. Tap HD to open the video options for the LB2. You will see a bandwidth allocation slider bar. Slide it to 100% EXT and the channel should automatically switch. Hopefully you will have video. I will also be posting our A3 setup so you can cross reference.
Screenshot_20180503-092422.png
Screenshot_20180503-092440.png
Screenshot_20180503-092505.png
Screenshot_20180503-092512.png
Screenshot_20180503-092549.png
2018-5-3
Use props
Katbusa3274
lvl.2
United States

This is how we have setup our A3, LB, M600 mount with the Z3 attached.

The gimbal mount cable system that has the double white multi-pin connectors on one side and a mullti-pin connector with a CAN plug on the other runs from the gimbal mount to the gimbal port on the LB2 and the CAN plug plugs into the CAN port on the GPS cable. Plug the GPS cable into the CAN 1 port on the A3 which is next to the RF port.

There is a white multi-pin plug that has a CAN connector on the other end that will fit in the DBUS connector on the LB2. Plug it into the LB2 and the CAN plug will go to the RF port on the A3

Plug in the LED and the PMU into their respective slots on the A3. Then power the M600 gimbal mount as you see fit. We have powered the gimbal mount with 12 to 16 volts with no issues. If you are using an M600 I believe there is a power plug somewhere that will accept the plug on the M600 gimbal mount.

Let me know if you still have issues

2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules