95754 45 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SSFRIH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32283 ft
  • >>>
United States

My tello will not connect to the wifi on my phone anyone else have this problem. It did for a bit but now will not
Thanks for any help given
2018-5-1
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32283 ft
  • >>>
United States

No replys but i found it on a difference site. To reset the WiFi on the Tello turn on the power then hold the power button for 5 sec. then turn off and back on and you should be ok
2018-5-7
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey, thanks for the responses so far. How about resetting the wifi by referencing #2.Reset: Please hold the power button with power on for about 5s until the led goes off. The drone would boot automatically.
2018-5-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

well I just have problems on changing the tello password
2018-6-3
Use props
mark gauna
New

United States

Need to turn on airplane mode and then connect to Wifi  to tello and then the app
2018-11-3
Use props
Aldopa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135843 ft

Brazil

I am just receiving my tello, have not test it yet but I have a question alredy about if it is possible two simultaneos wifi conection of two cel phones. Whould be a mess...
2018-11-5
Use props
cartek
lvl.2

Slovenia

Tello supports only one wifi connection (the last one ). Setup password on Tello wifi...
2018-11-5
Use props
Michael Crenshaw
New

United States

What's the trick to get it to connect to an LG G7 ThinQ

I've tried everything in the comments and replies, all with no luck.
2018-11-20
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hi Michelle, may I know what troubleshooting you have done already? Meanwhile, you can also try the following steps.

1. Delete Tello's app and reinstall it. 2. Forget Tello's wifi on your mobile.
3. Reset its WIFI:  Turn the TELLO on until its flashing yellow rapidly, then press and hold the power button for 5-8s until the led goes off,  then reconnect after it auto rebooting.

2018-11-20
Use props
djiuser_9vV3cRZ3zUCa
New

Philippines

Can anyone help me pls my phone cannot detect the Tello wifi  is there something i need to press to connect my drone to my phone thank you in advance
2018-12-6
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

China

Please set assure that we would help you with this case. You might check if the info below would assist.
1.  When the Tello is powered on, press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds until the led goes off  (Gotta release the button once it is off). After the Wi-Fi’s SSID and password are reset, the aircraft will automatically restart.
2.  If no good luck, please check if its wifi, usually started with " TELLO - XXXXXX", would be searched out on another mobile phone.  
2018-12-6
Use props
djiuser_IZggBAg4RxlD
New

Australia

same. can't do it. will probably go to shop for refund.
2018-12-15
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_IZggBAg4RxlD Posted at 12-15 21:02
same. can't do it. will probably go to shop for refund.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Should you need any other assistance, please do feel free to contact us at support@ryzerobotics.com or get online support at https://www.ryzerobotics.com/support
2018-12-16
Use props
Toadfly
New

United States

Michael Crenshaw Posted at 11-20 20:07
What's the trick to get it to connect to an LG G7 ThinQ

I've tried everything in the comments and replies, all with no luck.

I was having a problem getting the drone to connect as well. I tried the whole resetting thing, but it still wouldn't connect. I got it to connect by doing what Mark Gauna said: put the phone in airplane mode, then turning on the wifi and opening the app. Not sure why the phone has to be in airplane mode to connect, but hope this helps.
2018-12-16
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Good day Toadfly, do feel free to let us know if there is an update. Meanwhile, you can also try another mobile device to see if you can connect.  
2018-12-17
Use props
Mihai Nicut
New

Romania

hello, i have a special problem. i understand that the device is creating is own wi fi network, named tello xxxx to communicate with the app. it is ok, the drone flies,no problem. but the problem appears when the app tells me that a firmware update is required. i cannot instal the update, because the tello wi fi network ,wich is required for the the device in order to connect with the app, cannot acces the internet! and, of course,the drone cannot acces the internet via my regular wi fi connection! solutions?
2018-12-25
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey Mihai, you might get this issue if its firmware version is already the latest one - 01.04.78.01. Meanwhile,there is no need to upgrade again.  However, if it is not the latest one, please first check if the app is allowed to access data or WLAN, then try 4G data or another network. If persists, could you show us a video or some pics showing this issue for further analysis? Thanks in advanced.
2018-12-27
Use props
Mane Knezevic
lvl.1

Serbia

I have a problem after firmware upgrade

I have a drone tello

After upgrading it, I cannot connect it with my cell phone samsung s8 via wifi

and yellow led blinks
2019-1-15
Use props
Mane Knezevic
lvl.1

Serbia

I would like to mention that it all worked OK prior to firware upgrade...
2019-1-15
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Mane Knezevic Posted at 1-15 13:21
I would like to mention that it all worked OK prior to firware upgrade...

Hey Mane, we are sorry about it. Per it, can you try resetting wifi in this way:
1) While the yellow led blinks, please hold the power button for about 5-8s until the led goes off. Then reconnect after auto reboot.  
2) If this wifi is visible, please forget it and reconnect in the WI-FI setting on your phone.
3) If no good luck , please try another device if convenient.
2019-1-15
Use props
Mane Knezevic
lvl.1

Serbia

I followed all your steps and still no change. I have to mention that I do not see at all tello's wifi network on my cell phone. WiFi is only visible when tello is in "safe mode" (when I hold the power on button until the green LED shuts down). I have tried with model Huawei P smart and still nothing.
2019-1-15
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Well received Mane, your helpful info is appreciated. In regard to it, can you try upgrading its firmware version under the loader mode (safe mode)? If persists, could you provide snaps of firmware version as well as system version of your mobile device for further analysis?  Thanks a lot in advance.
2019-1-16
Use props
Mane Knezevic
lvl.1

Serbia

System version of your mobile device is Android 8.0

Thank you for help, but after I couldn't return it in proper state even with firmware from safe mode, I asked in shop to replace it with new one. Thankfully, they accepted and replaced it.
2019-1-25
Use props
Mane Knezevic
lvl.1

Serbia

With new tello, everything works ok, but I will not update the firmware this time, even though the application is offering me that possibility
2019-1-25
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Aldopa Posted at 2018-11-5 01:52
I am just receiving my tello, have not test it yet but I have a question alredy about if it is possible two simultaneos wifi conection of two cel phones. Whould be a mess...

Not supported Aldona, the screen in the APP might be black without image transmission.
2019-1-25
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Mane Knezevic Posted at 1-25 03:44
System version of your mobile device is Android 8.0

Thank you for help, but after I couldn't return it in proper state even with firmware from safe mode, I asked in shop to replace it with new one. Thankfully, they accepted and replaced it.

Sorry for the late reply and unpleasant issue, hope the replaced one can be worked as expected. Have a great weekend.
2019-1-25
Use props
soflscuba
New

United States

My tello will not connect to the wifi on my I-phone about 95% of the time. I have tried turning onto airplane mode, resetting the phone, wi-fi, and the tello. I keep getting unable to join network.
IMG_4919.PNG
2019-2-17
Use props
Βαγγέλης Ζερβάκης
New

Greece

After update my tello can't connect to wifi my phone
And others I try can't find it
I olso i see that my drone is very hot
2019-3-4
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Βαγγέλης Ζερβάκης Posted at 3-4 12:37
After update my tello can't connect to wifi my phone
And others I try can't find it
I olso i see that my drone is very hot

Sorry for this. In regard to your concerns,  please kindly refer to the steps below

Try resetting wifi settings :
Step 1: Hold the power button with power on for about  5 to 8S until the led goes off.
Step 2: The drone would reboot automatically and constantly flashing yellow light then.
Step 3: Search Tello's wifi on different mobile devices.

Try entering the loader mode and reupdating the firmware if no good luck.
Step 1: Power off the drone first
Step 2:  Hold the power button with power off for about  5 to 8S until the green led goes off. [ Gotta release it as soon as the green led turns off ]
Step 3:  It would flash red led if succeeded.
Step 4:  Connect Tello's wifi and redo firmware upgrade.
Step 5:  Search Tello's wifi on different mobile devices.

If this issue persists, could you kindly provide a video about this issue?  Thanks a lot in advance?
2019-3-4
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

soflscuba Posted at 2-17 08:21
My tello will not connect to the wifi on my I-phone about 95% of the time. I have tried turning onto airplane mode, resetting the phone, wi-fi, and the tello. I keep getting unable to join network.

We are sincerely sorry for this issue. And hope the following steps would assist.
If you have ever reset the drone with the same steps attached, please kindly disregard point 1.

1. Try resetting wifi settings :
Step 1: Hold the power button with power on for about  5 to 8S until the led goes off.
Step 2: The drone would reboot automatically and constantly flashing yellow light then.
Step 3: Try connecting Tello's wifi on different mobile devices.

2. Try entering the loader mode and reupdating the firmware if no good luck.
Step 1: Power off the drone first
Step 2:  Hold the power button with power off for about  5 to 8S until the green led goes off. [ Gotta release it as soon as the green led turns off ]
Step 3:  It would flash red led if succeeded.
Step 4:  Connect Tello's wifi and redo firmware upgrade.
Step 5:  Try connecting Tello's wifi on different mobile devices.

If persist, may I know if another mobile device can connect to the wifi? Meanwhile, can you provide us screenshots of firmware version, APP version as well as the system version of the phone? Thanks.
2019-3-4
Use props
Alexis Apuada
New

Hong Kong

djiuser_9vV3cRZ3zUCa Posted at 2018-12-6 21:35
Can anyone help me pls my phone cannot detect the Tello wifi  is there something i need to press to connect my drone to my phone thank you in advance

same as for me, its already connected to my phone on wifi but not on tello app. i was like....whatttt???
2019-3-8
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Alexis Apuada Posted at 3-8 01:27
same as for me, its already connected to my phone on wifi but not on tello app. i was like....whatttt???

Sorry to hear that Alexis, were the steps above helpful?
How about trying another mobile phone ?
2019-3-8
Use props
Dejan Filipovic
New

Serbia

I tried everythigh you said but still doesnt see Tello on WiFi list.
2019-3-17
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dejan Filipovic Posted at 3-17 00:08
I tried everythigh you said but still doesnt see Tello on WiFi list.

This situation has filled us with regret, Dejan. we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused

In regard to it, have you tried another mobile phone? How about forgetting this wifi and reconnect?
If persists with different mobiles, we respectfully suggest you contact support@ryzerobotics.com for further assistance.

Your description of what troubleshooting you have done is highly appreciated.
2019-3-17
Use props
Dejan Filipovic
New

Serbia

RYZE Posted at 3-17 18:53
This situation has filled us with regret, Dejan. we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused

In regard to it, have you tried another mobile phone? How about forgetting this wifi and reconnect?

Yes, I tried all of you sugessted.
2019-3-17
Use props
djiuser_ufK7iEOmtNe7
New

Brazil

From all the tips given in here:
2019-3-30
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dejan Filipovic Posted at 3-17 23:46
Yes, I tried all of you sugessted.

Any update Dejan?
2019-3-31
Use props
sandeepsingh232
New
India

RYZE Posted at 3-4 19:01
We are sincerely sorry for this issue. And hope the following steps would assist.
If you have ever reset the drone with the same steps attached, please kindly disregard point 1.

Hi, I purchased Tello a few days back and used it for a day post which it asked me to update the firmware post which the device does not show the Tello WiFi SSID and I cannot connect the device. Per the instructions above, I tried resetting the WiFi setting still no luck. I tried the loader mode too. In the loader mode, the WiFi SSID shows up and I am able to connect to the WiFi and upgrade the firmware but the device still does not show the WiFi SSID after restarting in normal mode? Is there any update on this issue?
2019-4-4
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

sandeepsingh232 Posted at 4-4 08:52
Hi, I purchased Tello a few days back and used it for a day post which it asked me to update the firmware post which the device does not show the Tello WiFi SSID and I cannot connect the device. Per the instructions above, I tried resetting the WiFi setting still no luck. I tried the loader mode too. In the loader mode, the WiFi SSID shows up and I am able to connect to the WiFi and upgrade the firmware but the device still does not show the WiFi SSID after restarting in normal mode? Is there any update on this issue?

We're sorry to hear that the problem still persist.It might nees repair service. In term of it,could you please send us your peoblem and personal message to our e-mail support@ryzerobotics.com?
2019-4-5
Use props
Creative Drone Worx (WA)
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1958202 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hello,

I have a TELLO that is fairly new,, hasn't had tomany crashes and has just Stopped working.

What it is doing when you turn it on is, the Light Slowly Flashes Red and that is it! I takeout  that Battery and put in a Freshly charged battery from a different TELLO and still the same,, Flashes Slowly Red and you cannot connect !

Have left on charge for 1hr to see if that was it,,but No.

Please can anybody help me??

2019-4-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules