Spares
791 15 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coxy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi everyone, I cannot find a part for my P3Adv.
There are four small vibration dampeners above the gimbal, these are secured in place with 4 see-through pins.
The dampeners I can find in the shop, but these don’t appear to come with the pegs, of which I’ve just discovered, I have one missing.
Any idea where I can get these?
Thanks in advance, Coxy
2018-5-2
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are having a hard time locating the pegs you might want to search eBay for someone with a non-working P3 that has the gimbal plate still attached. Plus you might end with other spare parts that might come in handy.
2018-5-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

This seems to be the go-to place in the UK for repairs - perhaps you can order parts through them as well:     https://www.heliguy.com/dji-uk-repair-centre-i18
2018-5-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You can use zip ties in place of the pegs.  You only need two.  
2018-5-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You can use a small wire tie that's works just as good.
2018-5-2
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft

Hi Coxy try Hobby Mounts in cornwall   www.hobbymounts.co.uk  i think the part you are after is 117 anti drop kit/pins ? £3  I use these guys all the time ...would recommend ,good, fast service
2018-5-2
Use props
Al S. Alice's Handler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft

Only two of the 4 dampers have the clear plastic pins in them from the factory.
2018-5-2
Use props
Coxy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Al S. Alice's Handler Posted at 2018-5-2 10:53
Only two of the 4 dampers have the clear plastic pins in them from the factory.

It only has two as standard????
So I haven’t lost any
2018-5-2
Use props
Coxy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-5-2 10:48
Hi Coxy try Hobby Mounts in cornwall   www.hobbymounts.co.uk  i think the part you are after is 117 anti drop kit/pins ? £3  I use these guys all the time ...would recommend ,good, fast service

Thanks, they will be handy to keep a note of
2018-5-2
Use props
Coxy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-5-2 10:13
This seems to be the go-to place in the UK for repairs - perhaps you can order parts through them as well:     https://www.heliguy.com/dji-uk-repair-centre-i18

Thank you for the info
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Coxy Posted at 2018-5-2 16:07
It only has two as standard????
So I haven’t lost any

Can you take a picture of the part you are missing? I would recommend you ask the local retailers and see if they have the pegs in stock.
2018-5-3
Use props
Coxy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-3 00:38
Can you take a picture of the part you are missing? I would recommend you ask the local retailers and see if they have the pegs in stock.

Well it turns out that it only ever had two pegs.
I had a crash and replaced the props and prop guards, but noticed I had pegs missing - tried to find replacements on DJI store, couldn’t find them, so came on the forum, only to discover they’re not missing at all
2018-5-3
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Coxy Posted at 2018-5-3 00:49
Well it turns out that it only ever had two pegs.
I had a crash and replaced the props and prop guards, but noticed I had pegs missing - tried to find replacements on DJI store, couldn’t find them, so came on the forum, only to discover they’re not missing at all

Aloha Coxy,

Good you found out about the two pegs!  As noted by some of the members above, put zip ties loosely in the two dampers that do not have the pegs.  Make sure that they are not tight because they can affect the damping if they are too tight.  This will help keep the gimbal plate attached in a crash or hard landing.  Sometimes they also vibrate loose so it helps with that to.

You might also want to tape over the ribbon connections where they plug in with office invisible tape.  Lightweight and it keeps the ribbons plugged in.  I also tape the ribbon where it is loose and might snag on a branch or other object and rip the ribbon.  Make sure the gimbal still has full range of motion though.

BTW, there is a way to take off the pegs without destroying them (since they are so hard to find).  Check YouTube or come back here to the Forum.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-3
Use props
Coxy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-5-3 02:04
Aloha Coxy,

Good you found out about the two pegs!  As noted by some of the members above, put zip ties loosely in the two dampers that do not have the pegs.  Make sure that they are not tight because they can affect the damping if they are too tight.  This will help keep the gimbal plate attached in a crash or hard landing.  Sometimes they also vibrate loose so it helps with that to.

Thank you - great tips
2018-5-3
Use props
FlyboyTR
lvl.1

There are a couple of listings on Amazon for these parts, including an OEM listing.
https://www.amazon.com/BTG-Anti- ... hantom+gimbal+parts
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Coxy Posted at 2018-5-3 00:49
Well it turns out that it only ever had two pegs.
I had a crash and replaced the props and prop guards, but noticed I had pegs missing - tried to find replacements on DJI store, couldn’t find them, so came on the forum, only to discover they’re not missing at all

I see. You can always ask questions in this forum and learn form here. Glad the problem was solved.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules