Intelligent Flight Mode Problems?
1363 4 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James3342
lvl.3
United States

I'm new with the Mavic Air and having some troubles with the intelligent flight modes.

1. When trying to use "Circle", I'll draw a box around the item to circle, press the GO, it counts down, and nothing happens.  If I fiddle with the drone position enough, it will eventually work.  Is there a minimum height or distance I need to know?
2. Same thing with Rocket - it will sometimes work, sometimes I have to try a couple of times.
3. If I am in manual exposure mode and go into one of the intelligent flight modes it seems to go back to AUTO.  Is this correct?  Or does it just remember which mode you were in from the last time?
4. Any place that outlines each of the intelligent flight modes and shows a tutorial on using it? Like, what's the difference between "Point of Interest" and "Circle"?

Thanks in advance!
James

2018-5-2
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

Yes there's a minimum altitude and minimum distance..... yes it goes into auto and changes frame rate to 60 fps...... you have more control of drone in poi mode..... you can rotate around object in either direction and varying speeds with right stick.. you can adjust height and distance to object..... circle will just fly around object in complete 360 in one chosen direction.... plenty of youtube vids for guidance.
2018-5-2
Use props
James3342
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the info - I'll go check Youtube for more examples.  Is there anywhere written down or posted that lists the minimum altitude/distance for the different modes?   If it automatically goes into auto wouldn't it have to adjust the fps based on the ambient light?  
2018-5-2
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

No..... fps is only video quality.... nothing to do with brightness.... that's shutter speed that drone sorts out for you in auto..... problem with auto is you'll see the effect on your video as shutter speed is altered.... it's not a smooth transition.... it's a sudden step.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi James, you are recommended to check the user manual of the Mavic air to know more information about the Intelligent Flight Modes: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 20Manual%20v1.2.pdf, page 19. Please practice more, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!

2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules