Mavic air is disconnecting all time
4937 19 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

Hi Guys, I just got my new mavic air and I was so excited and i took my first flight an i am totally depressed. My mavic cannot even go to a height of my house. Its disconnect from controller and come to home. thank got atleast that is performing good. else it will land in somebody house.

I am using Iphonex,, latest dji software and latest firmware version.
I did update the firmware using dji assistant 2,, still same issue.
I downgrade the firmware using dji assistant 2,, still same issue.
I am connecting the phone to the controller using the cable. The interesting part is when i was using my spark I never had cable between iphone and my controller.. and i never got a single drop in connection.
The only difference was I was using my old iphone 6 plus...that time

.. very frustrating... Even my Spark seems to be smoother at same altitude and distance. and I nefver had a single drop in connection with controller. I am testing the mavic air in same place (infornt of my house).

Guys please advise..

Note: Mine I just bought from DJI official site.. The flame red edition. I got like yesterday..

2018-5-2
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Are you connected thru the USB port on the bottom of the RC or the micro USB on the side? Should use the USB on the bottom of the RC. Might be something between your device and the RC.
2018-5-2
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

I am connected using the micro USB on the side. I have an iphone x and I am using the cable that came with the mavic air,, fly more combo pack
2018-5-2
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

Probably another one with the ios DJIGo bug.  If you are firing up an Air for the first time and using the current IOS app, you are limited in channels and range, as it isn't detecting your region.

If you have or can borrow an Android device for 5 mintutes, load DJIGo 4 on that, connect, let it pick the region, and you can go back to the iphone without issue.

Otherwise, sit tight for a few days (hopefully) until DJI gets a new app without the bug in it.
2018-5-2
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

JEZ2 Posted at 2018-5-2 11:10
Probably another one with the ios DJIGo bug.  If you are firing up an Air for the first time and using the current IOS app, you are limited in channels and range, as it isn't detecting your region.

If you have or can borrow an Android device for 5 mintutes, load DJIGo 4 on that, connect, let it pick the region, and you can go back to the iphone without issue.

Yes, I have an android phone as well. I will try this.

Also, I have read in one of the forum that i need to turn oN the aeroplane mode?
Does this help any ideas
2018-5-2
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
United States

There are some reports that turning on airplane mode will help, as it will reduce wifi and bluetooth interference from the phone.  Worth a try, but my range was fine without doing that.

Try the android phone and report back....
2018-5-2
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

JEZ2 Posted at 2018-5-2 11:19
There are some reports that turning on airplane mode will help, as it will reduce wifi and bluetooth interference from the phone.  Worth a try, but my range was fine without doing that.

Sure, thank you. waiting to go home after work, will be back after 2 hours
2018-5-2
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

JEZ2 Posted at 2018-5-2 11:19
There are some reports that turning on airplane mode will help, as it will reduce wifi and bluetooth interference from the phone.  Worth a try, but my range was fine without doing that.

Sorry one more question, do i need to  Remove All the Stickers on the drone.. is that necessary.. I have not removed because in case I want to return back I want it to look new. so please let me know is this is necessary
2018-5-2
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

sreejhu1988 Posted at 2018-5-2 11:53
Sorry one more question, do i need to  Remove All the Stickers on the drone.. is that necessary.. I have not removed because in case I want to return back I want it to look new. so please let me know is this is necessary

Also, I never took any DJI Knowledge Quiz while activating the drone.

also, when you say register the drone what does it mean excatly...do i need to register with FAA. I am living in canada do i need to do that?
2018-5-2
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
United States

You don't have to remove all the stickers, just the ones you need to in order to get it started (like the battery one so you can charge it, etc.)

I don't think the quiz is part of it anymore.  When you register with DJI you are just activating with them and beginning the warranty.  Canada does not need to register with the FAA, as that as part of the US government.  There are plenty of new rules for flying in Canada, you should familiarize yourself with them.

Finally, it seems DJI just released a new IOS app in the last hour or so.  No word on if it fixes the region issue, but instead of android, you can try to update the iphone app and see if that helps first if that is easier.
2018-5-2
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

JEZ2 Posted at 2018-5-2 12:44
You don't have to remove all the stickers, just the ones you need to in order to get it started (like the battery one so you can charge it, etc.)

I don't think the quiz is part of it anymore.  When you register with DJI you are just activating with them and beginning the warranty.  Canada does not need to register with the FAA, as that as part of the US government.  There are plenty of new rules for flying in Canada, you should familiarize yourself with them.

Yes, I already see new update from DJI,, I am updating it right now.. let see what happens
2018-5-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

sreejhu1988 Posted at 2018-5-2 12:51
Yes, I already see new update from DJI,, I am updating it right now.. let see what happens

From what I have read here during the past days it will solve your issue. Just click OK when suggested to change region by DJI GO 4.
2018-5-2
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-2 13:02
From what I have read here during the past days it will solve your issue. Just click OK when suggested to change region by DJI GO 4.

beautiful, happy to hear that
2018-5-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

sreejhu1988 Posted at 2018-5-2 13:04
beautiful, happy to hear that

I sincerely hope that it will solve your problem! Please report back.
2018-5-2
Use props
PvtTucker
lvl.1
United States

Oh nice the update is out! Ya i had the same issue and then borrowed my bosses android for 5 minutes connecting it to my air and it fixed the issue because i didn’t want to wait on this update. The update should fix this problem for us iPhone users
2018-5-2
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-2 13:11
I sincerely hope that it will solve your problem! Please report back.

Boss, this has to be magical.. after the software update.. its looks perfect..
I couldn't believe when it went little bit far away.. no signs of disconnections..I took another battery and tested the same result.. nothing so far.. I need to go to a different area may be this weekend to explore more range and see how it goes..

I did my first drone.. and asteroid.. asteroid is stunning + magical...

Perfect software team from DJI...
2018-5-2
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2
Canada

PvtTucker Posted at 2018-5-2 13:26
Oh nice the update is out! Ya i had the same issue and then borrowed my bosses android for 5 minutes connecting it to my air and it fixed the issue because i didn’t want to wait on this update. The update should fix this problem for us iPhone users

How about you.. did your issue fixed??
2018-5-2
Use props
sreejhu1988
lvl.2

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-2 10:55
Are you connected thru the USB port on the bottom of the RC or the micro USB on the side? Should use the USB on the bottom of the RC. Might be something between your device and the RC.

After the update of recent DJI app, it worked like magic
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

PvtTucker Posted at 2018-5-2 13:26
Oh nice the update is out! Ya i had the same issue and then borrowed my bosses android for 5 minutes connecting it to my air and it fixed the issue because i didn’t want to wait on this update. The update should fix this problem for us iPhone users

Sounds great, hope everything is fine and happy flying.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

sreejhu1988 Posted at 2018-5-2 15:23
After the update of recent DJI app, it worked like magic

Hi, thank you for your update, glad to know that you have solved the issue and everything turns out to be great, hope you have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules