1974 21 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
merc slk amg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32054 ft
Sweden

happend today , cuestion was close or wait,
I got a little bit worried , but got my drone in sight , so I did not close.
Landed my p4p and restarted my plus control.
And started again.
And all seems normal, but I am a little bit worried that it will happens again.

Anyone else it happened to ?
What did you do ?

If I close the plus control will the drone then flight home or what ?

Regards from Sweden
2018-5-2
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>

If you get signal loss long enough the P4 will do an automatic return to home. There are many factors that can cause interference.

You can leave the controller and app on while its coming back because once it's in range you should be able to cancel return to home and then take controll.
2018-5-2
Use props
merc slk amg
lvl.2
Sweden

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-2 13:23
If you get signal loss long enough the P4 will do an automatic return to home. There are many factors that can cause interference.

You can leave the controller and app on while its coming back because once it's in range you should be able to cancel return to home and then take controll.

Maby I was not explaining well.
It was the software in my plus control that stopped working but  the control
of my p4p was still working, the android software had stopped working.
For example couldn't use the camera or adjust the gimball.

But after restart of the plus controller all worked normally.
2018-5-2
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

merc slk amg Posted at 2018-5-2 13:32
Maby I was not explaining well.
It was the software in my plus control that stopped working but  the control
of my p4p was still working, the android software had stopped working.

Oh, gotcha. So you are wondering what would happen if you restarted the app during the process of flying.
2018-5-2
Use props
SC Joe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37966 ft

Was it the P4P+(plus) or P4P? I accidentally touched the "off" button on top of P4P+ monitor and it turned off the screen - the screen went to black - but the controller and go app were still on.  Maybe that is what happened if you have the P4P+.  The button is on top right side of + monitor.  You can turn monitor on again without restarting RC but when you restart RC, the + screen turns on automatically.  
2018-5-2
Use props
merc slk amg
lvl.2
Sweden

SC Joe Posted at 2018-5-2 18:02
Was it the P4P+(plus) or P4P? I accidentally touched the "off" button on top of P4P+ monitor and it turned off the screen - the screen went to black - but the controller and go app were still on.  Maybe that is what happened if you have the P4P+.  The button is on top right side of + monitor.  You can turn monitor on again without restarting RC but when you restart RC, the + screen turns on automatically.

P4P+(plus) remote, android did not response . I believe the software in the built in screen is android.
2018-5-2
Use props
SC Joe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37966 ft
United States

merc slk amg Posted at 2018-5-2 19:21
P4P+(plus) remote, android did not response . I believe the software in the built in screen is android.

Sorry, I cannot help. I thought you might have accidentally touched the button and turned off the + screen.  I just came in from a flight and tried to turn off screen while RC was connected to AC but it would not turn off so maybe not an issue after all. You must have a different problem - good luck!
2018-5-2
Use props
merc slk amg
lvl.2
Sweden

SC Joe Posted at 2018-5-2 19:32
Sorry, I cannot help. I thought you might have accidentally touched the button and turned off the + screen.  I just came in from a flight and tried to turn off screen while RC was connected to AC but it would not turn off so maybe not an issue after all. You must have a different problem - good luck!

I do not believe I got a big problen, even Linux can freeze.
But my cuestion was has it happen to enyone else and what did they do ?
And wat happens if you restart P4P + remote if the drone is off sight ?

I believe it will go home, but will you get connection when the drone is in the air
after restart of the P4P+ panel ?
2018-5-2
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I also has had a lot of those Go4 not responding errors on the latest two releases, i have yet to see it recover if selecting Wait and when tapping Close, now it most often just end in a black screen and rarely recover to the start screen from where the app can be tapped again.

To answer your question, as stated in the manual what happen if you power off the controller depend on what settings you have chosen in case of disconnection, default will be that it trigger RTH and start return to home.

Edit: I think you should do a edit of subject of the thread, GoPro is as far i know a very different creature, took me a while to figure out you were talking about the GL300E aka +RC aka minus(+)RC
2018-5-3
Use props
merc slk amg
lvl.2
Sweden

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-3 01:46
I also has had a lot of those Go4 not responding errors on the latest two releases, i have yet to see it recover if selecting Wait and when tapping Close, now it most often just end in a black screen and rarely recover to the start screen from where the app can be tapped again.

To answer your question, as stated in the manual what happen if you power off the controller depend on what settings you have chosen in case if disconnection, default will be that it trigger RTH and start return to home.

Thank´s done
2018-5-3
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

If the Go4 app, either iOS or Android, stops, you can  still fly the drone manually (of course with the remote still on....) This is one of the reasons for flying VLOS (with the drone always in your sight). If you cannot see the drone, and it does not start automatic RTH because the link with the remote is still working, you might lose it.  In this case you should initiate RTH using the appropriate button on your remote.
2018-5-3
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Thank you

Again, when i have it i try tapping "Wait" first time, but in the latest versions it does nothing and after a while it pop up again and i select "Close", this seem to kill the whole system and end in a black screen.
Sometimes it recover to the start screen after a few seconds, sometimes it just stay black. Powering off/on without initiating RTH can be done as the remote signal is back really fast when powering up again, you would have 10 seconds before RTH initiates but for sure the shooting get spoiled when it happen.

Not sure what really happen but i usually get it when changing the settings as ex, from AEB to single shot it, then it just freeze when tapping the new selection showing by the color it got the tap and after a while this "not responding" pop up.

I also had those once in a while on previous versions but not so often and it used to just restart the app returning to the flight screen in a few seconds when tapping "Close".

As Antonio say, there is no problem controlling the AC even when the App has died, but for sure it is annoying flying around with a camera without a "viewfinder".
2018-5-3
Use props
merc slk amg
lvl.2
Sweden

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-3 20:27
Thank you

Again, when i have it i try tapping "Wait" first time, but in the latest versions it does nothing and after a while it pop up again and i select "Close", this seem to kill the whole system and end in a black screen.

I aggre, tested whit 3 flights after and the problem has not returned.
And now I know how to handle it if it happens again.

Thanks folks.

Regards
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know what's the current version of RC firmware? Does the issue appear frequently? If yes, please kindly offer a short video if applicable, thanks!

As for turning off the RC, RTH will be triggered if you have set the remote signal lost as RTH in APP. It is recommended to set a proper RTH altitude.
2018-5-6
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-6 23:24
Hi there, may I know what's the current version of RC firmware? Does the issue appear frequently? If yes, please kindly offer a short video if applicable, thanks!

As for turning off the RC, RTH will be triggered if you have set the remote signal lost as RTH in APP. It is recommended to set a proper RTH altitude.

The latest version does crash the App very often on the +.
System version 1.04.01.00 App version 4.2.6
2018-5-7
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-6 23:24

Had a new Go4 crash and got following screenshot grabbed. It stopped responding in the middle of capturing a pano but i think the pano has nothing to do with it, it can just happen at any time.

DJI Go4 stopped responding

DJI Go4 stopped responding

I have a tombstones exported and will PM a link, hopefully it don't matter it first was exported when home adn RC has been shut down meanwhile?

For the more serious part i have noticed that first part of the flight record and distance up to the point of the crash occured has vanished from the device, it just start in the middle of the flight.

Flight record without first half of the flight

Flight record without first half of the flight

The other flight of yesterday is a flight made some hours before, so first part of the flight is not even getting saved as a seperate record.

Top record is only half the flight

Top record is only half the flight

Just a sidenote, it would be nice if your developers could avoid the overlay on top/bottom to show up in the screenshots, sometimes they cover information needed to be seen clear.

2018-5-7
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

After the latest updates the DJI Go 4 App on my +controller also started freezing /crashing on regular basis.
When it happen I just wait for the app to start up again (less than a min). The P4P is 100% controlable under the reboot
process.
I do only fly VLOS. Thats how the rules is here in Denmark, so its not that big a deal as long as I can control
my drone. It's more annoying than dangerous to me.

I think Ill try get the Litchi APP up and running on my +controller. I know it's a bit laggy in the live view, but
thats better than the app is freezing and crashing
(If you restart remote by turning off and then on, it will initiate a RTH because connection between RC and AC is
lost)
2018-5-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-5-8 00:31
After the latest updates the DJI Go 4 App on my +controller also started freezing /crashing on regular basis.
When it happen I just wait for the app to start up again (less than a min). The P4P is 100% controlable under the reboot
process.

It become a problem if the flight record get lost during the app crash like my post above!
In the crash i had yesterday the app also recovered by itself after a few seconds with black screen but back home i noticed only half the flight had been recorded.

When turning off the RC you will have 10 seconds before it start RTH, plenty of time to turn it on again even it takes a while before the display is up running. Just test it and notice how fast you get the green light on RC, no need to be airborne to test how fast it reconnects during a power cycle.
2018-5-8
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-8 02:20
It become a problem if the flight record get lost during the app crash like my post above!
In the crash i had yesterday the app also recovered by itself after a few seconds with black screen but back home i noticed only half the flight had been recorded.

Yea.. Thats right.
I forgot about the flightlog. Thats a problem.
About the 10 sec downtime related to a controller reboot... I dont dare to
risk a RTH when my drone is hovering among several 60KV high voltage
components, traffo's and wires..

2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-7 23:49
Had a new Go4 crash and got following screenshot grabbed. It stopped responding in the middle of capturing a pano but i think the pano has nothing to do with it, it can just happen at any time.
[view_image]

Received with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers for review.
2018-5-11
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-11 01:06
Received with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers for review.

Hi again

Had once more crash, This time doing nothing.
Was heading back to the takeoff point when i looked down and noticed that nothing in the picture was showing any changes even i could clearly see AC was heading back. After a while without any change i dragged down to take this screenshot and then the popup was showed just  as the the shot was taken. I tapped close, the screen turned black and never went back.
After landing i tried tapping all over the display, the button on the top, short pushes on all other buttons without any response and finaly had to turn the RC off.
After turning on again i exported a new tombstone that is now placed in the same location as the previous added the date to the filename. I really hope you're able to retrieve the dumps for eximation.

Edit 1 hour later: i forgot to mention, this time my whole flight record has vanished from the flight records, not just the last few minutes, guess i might have lost a lot on previous flights but not noticed it!

DJI GO4 Crash on GL300E controller.

DJI GO4 Crash on GL300E controller.

2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-16 03:52
Hi again

Had once more crash, This time doing nothing.

Our engineers are reviewing your data, I'll keep you posted as long as there is an update.
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules