Aircraft retains RTH if flown past 20 meters from Home Point (poorly documented)
3831 43 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-11 20:04
You HAVE to power cycle BOTH Bird AND TABLET to lose the RTH Height !!!

I've flown my bird and checked this several times different days switched both on off changed battery's etc and I'm having no problem with the set Rth altitude value changing , turning to zero or any other trouble, and this setting was @ 25m  the same as before I upgraded to the newest firmware never changed afterwards still there . Also I did no imu or compass recalibration after the latest firmware upgrade as I've done before on my phantoms both... Flew the inspire to 4279 feet distance over Puget sound waters last Thursday 5/14/15 filming the Polar Pioneer oil platform being towed into Seattle..
Did an RTH on the way back to shore around 2200 feet distance everything's working excellent .
2015-5-16
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-17 05:57
try turning the ipad off(hard off) with a hold on for 10 seconds on the power button not just 1 se ...

I turn it off when it's not in use , all the way off yes completely my god man really ? I've got an older iPad I use at home so I don't leave the new mini two retina on unless it's in use or being charged thank you for the info though I'm just not having the bug on my bird ,it's RC or iPad and pilot app.. Nada.
2015-5-16
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

try turning the ipad off(hard off) with a hold on for 10 seconds on the power button not just 1 se ...

I turn it off when it's not in use , all the way off yes completely my word man really ? I've got an older iPad I use at home so I don't leave the new mini two retina on unless it's in use or being charged thank you for the info though I'm just not having the bug on my bird ,it's RC or iPad and pilot app.. Nada.
2015-5-16
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

I turn it off when it's not in use , all the way off yes completely my word man really ? I've got an older iPad I use at home so I don't leave the new mini two retina on unless it's in use or being charged thank you for the info though I'm just not having the bug on my bird ,it's RC or iPad and pilot app.. Nada.
2015-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules