flying the mavic platinum w/o gimbal. Do any Intelligent modes work
644 9 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1688973 ft
Mexico

After months with a phantom I bought the Mavic Platinum and LOVE it. Stupidly I slowly went sideways into tree, panicked and made it worse....  Bottomline  I am now flying without the gimbal. I will buy another Mavic but want to practice flying with just GPS tracking and watching the gauges.  Can any of the Intelligent flight modes work?

2018-5-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It should work! but make sure you keep it in line of sight!
2018-5-2
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

if it is still flying and only the gimbal is bust - then yes the other inteligent flight modes should still work. be sure to enable them in the settings menu. Gimbal replacements are an effective repair and a fraction the cost of a new drone.
2018-5-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

You should ask DJI for a repair quote, I believe they're cheaper than many would assume. And if cost too high just get it returned.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. As the floor 4# mentioned, you are recommended to contact our support team to start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. Thanks!
2018-5-2
Use props
Dronin
lvl.3
Mexico

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-2 19:46
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. As the floor 4# mentioned, you are recommended to contact our support team to start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. Thanks!

Thank you for you reply and suggestion.  A problem is that I live in Mexico.  Shipping anything (with a value of more than $1,000 usd) out of the country requires use of a custom broker and proof of duties/importation taxes paid.  Returning the repaired unit requires the same.   
2018-5-3
Use props
Dronin
lvl.3
Mexico

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-2 13:51
if it is still flying and only the gimbal is bust - then yes the other inteligent flight modes should still work. be sure to enable them in the settings menu. Gimbal replacements are an effective repair and a fraction the cost of a new drone.

From looking at videos it seems that the "Follow Me", Way Points, and maybe "Points of Interest" used the camera.   Do they?   And "Home Lock" and others maybe purely GPS related.    Thank you for your thoughts.
2018-5-3
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Dronin Posted at 2018-5-3 06:38
From looking at videos it seems that the "Follow Me", Way Points, and maybe "Points of Interest" used the camera.   Do they?   And "Home Lock" and others maybe purely GPS related.    Thank you for your thoughts.

Ah yes - you are right - sorry i did not think my answer through properly.
Personally i do not use any of those other modes and therefore did not think accurately on it.
2018-5-3
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

Dronin Posted at 2018-5-3 06:28
Thank you for you reply and suggestion.  A problem is that I live in Mexico.  Shipping anything (with a value of more than $1,000 usd) out of the country requires use of a custom broker and proof of duties/importation taxes paid.  Returning the repaired unit requires the same.

It would be a good learning experience to order the parts from eBay and repair it. Even if you are unable to repair it. There is plenty cheap spare parts for the Mavic
2018-5-3
Use props
Dronin
lvl.3
Mexico

eried Posted at 2018-5-3 09:30
It would be a good learning experience to order the parts from eBay and repair it. Even if you are unable to repair it. There is plenty cheap spare parts for the Mavic

there's a thought...  thank you.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules