Can't activate goggles! HELP
17118 28 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GDelezynski
lvl.1
United States

Want to use the goggles with new Mavic Air. Got new sset of goggles and tried to activate so I can update firmware & connect (using USB cable to controller). Can not connect wireless to Air, and googles will not see it when plugged in. Downloaded the "Assistant 2" to my Windows computer (W 8.1). Followed on screen prompts in goggles but computer does not see them. I have regestered my Air. The assistant ONLY says "How to connect to Inspire2 ?" And I don't have an Inspire! Rebooted all devices and still not working! Any hints????

2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please refer to the tutorial video below to activate the Goggles again, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know and provide a screenshot if applicable, we'll here for help. Thanks!

2018-5-2
Use props
GDelezynski
lvl.1
United States

I watched the video, then did as it said. It looks as if the Assistant 2 does not know the goggles are plugged in. If I go to "Windows my computer" I do see the removable drive. Photo is of the set-up, As you can see I am logged into my account.
2018-5-2
Use props
GLJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

OK...I had similar issues...Here are a few mistakes I made...

First, I did not power the goggles on.  Press the power button quickly, then again and hold, like powering on the drone or remote.

Second, the goggles walked me through the setup process, but would not activate.  I discovered, on the Assistant 2 app you have to double-click on the DJI Goggles icon from the home screen when it is connected.  Then, the Assistant 2 application goes into the activation process along with the goggle on-screen message "Activating."   Then it activated and started working.

The screenshot above is what I saw until I powered on the goggles while connected to the computer.
2018-5-2
Use props
GDelezynski
lvl.1
United States

GLJones Posted at 2018-5-2 20:29
OK...I had similar issues...Here are a few mistakes I made...

First, I did not power the goggles on.  Press the power button quickly, then again and hold, like powering on the drone or remote.

Thanks for the ideas, but no go. The screen shot above is after I plugged in the goggles (after going through all the startup stuff like language etc.  It looks like the app does not see the goggles plugged in. But my computer does as I see an added drive once they are plugged in.

I am going to uninstall all DJI stuff on my computer, do a cleanup & re download the assistant & try again today.
2018-5-3
Use props
Soremite
New

GDelezynski Posted at 2018-5-3 05:26
Thanks for the ideas, but no go. The screen shot above is after I plugged in the goggles (after going through all the startup stuff like language etc.  It looks like the app does not see the goggles plugged in. But my computer does as I see an added drive once they are plugged in.

I am going to uninstall all DJI stuff on my computer, do a cleanup & re download the assistant & try again today.

Was this resolved? I have the exact same issue. Trying to use the DJI goggles that came in the Mavic Air bundle. They will not activate. Goggles acknowledge USB plugged in with light, but DJI Assistant 2 app does nothing. I've reinstalled everything multiple times. It's like I am plugging into a cucumber. There's just no action in the app. I've used a Mac and a PC, searched for a new device to see if there's some issue in Windows, but nothing. I've spent more time trying to connect the goggles than flying, and I fly a lot.
2018-9-1
Use props
GDelezynski
lvl.1
United States

I have NOT resolved the issue.
I have a new Windows 10 computer and will try again some time but have a LOT of other things going just now.
2018-9-1
Use props
jxu158
lvl.1
United States

Was it resolved?  I tried both windows and mac, none of them works ... how to activate the goggle???
2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_2tE58Z9sbUF1
lvl.1

United States

Having the same problem as discussed above I hope someone can help
2018-10-13
Use props
fans4d5e7102
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2355640 ft
United States

What the F***  - Goggles will not activate
2018-10-24
Use props
Watchekong
lvl.1

Spain

The darn thing will not activate.
2018-10-28
Use props
craigjatl
New
United States

I'm having the exact same problem as everyone.  I've downloaded Assistant 2 on to 3 windows computers,  Very seldom will the icon for the goggles, mavic air, or controller will actually show up allowing you to select it.  Question for DJI:  If the firmware is current do these icons not appear?  That doesn't seem logical otherwise you couldn't see what versions of firmware you have on a device.

Is there something with the Windows OS (v10) that is blocking the device from loading?  I sometimes get a USB type error saying device can't be recognized.

I've tried 3 different cables so that's not the problem.

Inside the Goggles I have the gray screen with a red DISCONNECTED in the upper left corner.  On previous days I've been able to see the camera thru the goggles but that was days ago.

So, like everyone has said, this is very frustrating!!
2018-10-28
Use props
craigjatl
New
United States

craigjatl Posted at 2018-10-28 10:58
I'm having the exact same problem as everyone.  I've downloaded Assistant 2 on to 3 windows computers,  Very seldom will the icon for the goggles, mavic air, or controller will actually show up allowing you to select it.  Question for DJI:  If the firmware is current do these icons not appear?  That doesn't seem logical otherwise you couldn't see what versions of firmware you have on a device.

Is there something with the Windows OS (v10) that is blocking the device from loading?  I sometimes get a USB type error saying device can't be recognized.

Update:  I've reinstalled Assistant 2 but this time with the "Run as Administrator" option (right-mouse on installer EXE file and select Run as Admin).  Now the device icons appear in Assistant 2 BUT when I select them my computer crashes.  This has happened 2 times with Goggles and 1 time with Mavic Air.  

Still researching but if anyone has any suggestions, thanks in advance.
2018-10-28
Use props
Pajda
lvl.1
Czechia

Hello I have an issue with Goggles RE. I have instaled Assistant 2 from DJI goggles re page, but when i plug usb cable into goggles, i receive just Windows message that USB device was not recognised. What shall i do? Thanks
2018-11-26
Use props
Pajda
lvl.1
Czechia

Pajda Posted at 11-26 05:29
Hello I have an issue with Goggles RE. I have instaled Assistant 2 from DJI goggles re page, but when i plug usb cable into goggles, i receive just Windows message that USB device was not recognised. What shall i do? Thanks

Solved, problem was in between chair and keyboard
2018-11-27
Use props
fans266a6c39
lvl.1
Australia

I am a newbie and it took me hours to work this out. I have a new Phanton 4 v2 plus, I loaded the "DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom" and activated my drone, the only issue is that the racing goggles do not connect/activate  with that software, you need to also load  the  "DJI Assistant 2" software and activate the googles separately  using that program.  Then it all works. It's all in the wording used in the tutorials. cheers
2019-1-19
Use props
fans8eaa1670
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1922333 ft
United States

Same problem!
2019-4-16
Use props
zorzal
New
United States

Can't believe that these messages have been sitting here for year+ without a solution. I can't activate mine either... over a year after the first problem was reported. Returning the damn things ASAP, they better send me my money back!
2019-5-24
Use props
Alex 13
lvl.1

Same problem and no any respond from manufacturer !!!!!
2019-9-17
Use props
Alex 13
lvl.1

OK Guys use this link, it works

https://www.dji.com/jp/dji-goggles-re/info#downloads
2019-9-18
Use props
richard
New
Flight distance : 59685 ft
Australia

Alex 13 Posted at 9-18 11:48
OK Guys use this link, it works

https://www.dji.com/jp/dji-goggles-re/info#downloads

Thanks mate I thought I was going nuts, seems there are 3 versions of the assistant.... finally activated. hurray... maybe if they labeled these version downloads appropriately it would save some grief!?
2019-10-30
Use props
fans42b9d0e8
New

United Kingdom

Darn these goggles. Stop selling products without updated software! I’ve spend hours trying to activate and I’m tech savvy. Not a moron. I followed all the videos, all the forums and nothing works. The assistant app doesn’t work on iPhone X. Support is slow as hell to respond. What a disappointment.
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_D797rf5LnSAs
New
Flight distance : 1112287 ft
United States

Hey guys I just ran into this same issue what u need to do is download on a PC the assistant for your drone and also separately download the assistant 2 for mavic if it's the white goggles for instance cause the mavic assistant supports  the white pair of goggles as well as mavic ..heads up if u dont scroll down and see exactly which assistant 2 your downloading by default  (the 1st assistant 2 on the page at top is actually not for goggles it is for I wanna say the inspire) SO READ DESCRIPTION  CAREFUL CAUSE EVERY SINGLE  ASSISTANT 2 SUPPORTS DIFFERENT THINGS  IT IS NOT A ALL IN ONE THAT SUPOORTS EVERYTHING ) LIKE IT SHOULD BE ! HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ALL OUT AS I LEARNED THE HARD WAY BUT AFTER YOUR DEVICE  SHOULD POP UP FOR U IF NOT U PROBABLY DOWNLOADED THE WRONG ASSISTANT!!!
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_v29T3YZLD7YL
New

United States

Solution:

Hey folks, I had this problem and did manage to solve it.  I never was able to get this working using the desktop Assistant 2 application, but it worked fine from my phone.

1. On Android - Load the DJI Fly App directly onto your phone from DJI, NOT from the Google Play store.  DJI and the US Gov't are having a disagreement and the Google Play version is old.  I'd post the link here, but apparently DJI doesn't want me to.  Go to their downloads page and look for DJI Fly

iOS should work from the Apple Store, but God only knows.  Apple can be fickle.

Then log into the DJI Fly app on your phone with the credentials you used when you bought the drone ( or create an account if you bought it retail ).

2. You need to power on all three devices - the controller ( or motion controller ), the goggles and the drone.  Then plug the USB-C from the goggles into your phone.   I was unable to trigger the activation until all three were powered on.

3. When you plug into your phone it will trigger the authentication process and authorize your devices.

4. Finally, you need to update the firmware on all three devices.  THIS step is also done through DJI Fly though I was also able to upgrade the firmware from the Desktop Assistant.

I hope this helped.  Key takeaways:

1. Use the app directly from DJI
2. Power everything on before plugging your goggles into the phone.
2021-3-10
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

There really is no fix or solution it either works or it don't work (Activate) in other words its broke.
On my Goggles, DJI forgot to assign a serial number for the goggles. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks Mike

2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_FS0337rqZRIF
New

Canada

Once you have updated your v2 goggles, drone and controller inside DJI Assistance 2 app to version 1.01? You will now need to have it all recognized once again in DJI FLY APP.

The only way for this to work is using a PHONE or Tablet with USB-C port. You can not use any other port like micro or normal USB DJI fly App will not recognize your drone. You can not I say NOT run a USB-C to USB adapter out from your phones port or tablet this is were everyone is getting messed up.

Make sure that you are use the cables that comes with your drone. The cables I used are the USB to USB-c cable( the one that charges goggle battery) the other is the USB-C to USB adapter which HAS to be plugged into your V2 goggles USB-c port. I spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong and little did I know it was all me.

Make sure that your Air unit(Drone), V2 googles and controller are all powered ON before opening up DJI FLY APP. Your V2 Goggles will have two sets of cables coming from the headset. One cable will be to power up the goggles with the battery. The other cable MUST have the USB-c adapter plugged into the USB-c Port of the V2 goggles. You will also have to plug the USB/USB-c cable into the USB port on the USB-c adapter and the other end will be (USB-c) it has to be plug directly into the  USB-c port of your device (Phone, tablet). IT CAN NOT BE PLUGGED INTO ANOTHER USB ADAPTER this end HAS to go directly into your devices USB-c PORT only.

You should now be able to see your DJI FPV drone inside the DJI Fly app. If the app still not recognizing your drone you are either still doing it wrong or your USB-C adapter is BROKEN.
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_FS0337rqZRIF
New

Canada

This will fix the "Device not Activated" in red inside your v2 Goggles! Also your device aka phone or tablet has to meet the minimum spec Happy flying cheers...
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_aPToBuM1kqUG
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can not activate my DJI FPV goggles V2. Tried 2 windows PCs, android phone and can not get it onto Air unit mode rather than DJI FPV drone mode. Downgraded to 00.05.1806 but this firmware does not work. All video guides tell you to downgrade to 00.05.1086 which I don't have access to through DJI assistant.

Please someone from DJI respond you are at least trying to fix this issue and offer an ETA for the fix.
2021-3-20
Use props
djiuser_5a46w5xQHGEc
New

Argentina

i have the same problem, windows dont detect the goggles, i can see what the drone sees but the pc dont recognize the goggles so the goggles throw a problem that saids that i have to update the firmware, but windows dont detect the goggles... so????  come on for gods sake, just solve the problem or dont get the products to get activated, just put the patches and let the people decide what to install, i need help plz... i work with this... i have to eat... i have childrens to take care of...
2021-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules