2882 23 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
COCA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35495 ft
Serbia

Hello, i need help.

When i do a tone of restarts, power on and off, i finally connected my android device to RC, i don't even know how but connected even when RC is linked to Aircraft. But, when I open the app, and go flight button, camera open the field but pop up with information Switch Wifi Settings on the screen, only ok button, and then click ok RC disconnected. I tried to press back button but nothing.

Can you please tell me what to do, i want to fly these drone, and i don't have iPhone.
2018-5-3
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Almost always, the same app, the same developer, is better on iOS than on Android. The Android app quality is not always that good. Is Android fragmentation problem. That’s why I prefer the iOS.
2018-5-3
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-3 01:53
Almost always, the same app, the same developer, is better on iOS than on Android. The Android app quality is not always that good. Is Android fragmentation problem. That’s why I prefer the iOS.

But, there is no answer for my question,

Should i need to install dji go 4 4.1.15 app to be clear to go?
2018-5-3
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

COCA Posted at 2018-5-3 02:00
But, there is no answer for my question,  

Should i need to install dji go 4 4.1.15 app to be clear to go?

What device you use? Because there are some devices that just do not work well.
2018-5-3
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-3 02:07
What device you use? Because there are some devices that just do not work well.

Samsung Galaxy J5 2016
2018-5-3
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

COCA Posted at 2018-5-3 02:22
Samsung Galaxy J5 2016

I don’t know  what to say to you ... in many occasions I’ve had problems with some applications when I used them in Android while on iPhone worked perfectly. You can erase the application and install it again.
2018-5-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Samsung Galaxy J5 2016

I just think, the J5 2016 may not be performant enough, anyway.
I tried once a J7, but from 2015, nada!
But also I know, the J5 2016 is more powerfull as the J7 2015, so that may not result in your trouble.

Is the switch wifi that one, "to local regulations"? (or such)
(Next time, try to cancel by not clicking ok, but the "back" button)
Where was your drone flying lately or where got it activated? (sidequestion ;-)
It may be, you drone and the RC are switching to 2.4 GHZ and CE, leaving you with a 5.8 Wifi for your phone which might be invisible for you.

I would just suggest, for testing,  you find a USB-OTG adapter cable and connect your charger cable to it.
Plug the micro side of your charger cable to your phone, switch on the RC, wait till LED is red, plug the micro side from the adapter cable in the RC.
Check if RC charges phone and app says "connected"
Switch on Spark, wait till LED is green, "go fly" should show up.
Check on the band the RC is connected to the drone, on the app screen.

Do you have the latest Go4 Version?
2018-5-3
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Samsung Galaxy J5 2016

First of all. Try to reset the Spark's WiFi and pair it again with the Controller.

Try to connect to the RC after that and see if the connection holds. If it doesn't help, try to use an OTG cable or to downgrade to 4.1.15.
2018-5-3
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-3 03:57
I just think, the J5 2016 may not be performant enough, anyway.
I tried once a J7, but from 2015, nada!
But also I know, the J5 2016 is more powerfull as the J7 2015, so that may not result in your trouble.

I think that J5 can handle the app...but not know.

My version is the latest on the store now, 4.2.12. and i also saw somewhere that version support OTG, i tried even with the OTG with little problems in connection finally connected, but there is no battery info at all, and I'm scared to fly without that information...

I also cant click back or cancel the pop-up, also the navigation bar don work when the pop-up is on screen. Dont know what to do. Tried to reset pass on both, nope
2018-5-3
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-5-3 04:12
First of all. Try to reset the Spark's WiFi and pair it again with the Controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwAVJSbO8Ek

Thanks. But OTG doesn't work well, there is no battery info and some little things...even with the newest version.

If i downgrade the version to 4.1.15. what will i get? And, also, what will i lose too ?

Please, someone, i need step by step. Even when we talk about the downgraded version.
2018-5-3
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

Please respond.
2018-5-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

So if OTG works, somehow, still best, try the downgrade.
But if the 4.2.12 gets you no batt and others, there is a bigger chance, it is your phone.
I have replaced 4.1.15 with this version on two phones and it is working!
But:
Before you downgrade to 4.1.15 (right now you are not loosing anything, no new functions for the spark since then),
try uninstalling the app and re-install it freshly one more time from play store.
If you still have not all parameter shown with cable, uninstall and install again 4.1.15 from apk-mirror
Is the J5 2016 on Android 6 or on 7?

And in case it works with 4.1.15, you may have to think about a newer phone, higher specs, for the latest app.
Even more, if 4.1.15 does also not work!
2018-5-3
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-3 06:13
So if OTG works, somehow, still best, try the downgrade.
But if the 4.2.12 gets you no batt and others, there is a bigger chance, it is your phone.
I have replaced 4.1.15 with this version on two phones and it is working!

I will try that. Android 7 is...
2018-5-3
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having some difficulty following the sequence that you have followed, but I did focus on one part that could be messing thing up.  You typed. " but pop up with Information 'Switch WiFi Settings' on the screen."  If you choose "OK" you are probably disconnecting from the WiFi link to the aircraft and re-connecting to you home WiFi.  Your Android device is likely choosing your home WiFi because it is set as you default WiFi.   The next time you get this message, READ the message carefully before tapping a choice.   The message will tell you which WiFi it is referring to.
2018-5-3
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-3 01:53
Almost always, the same app, the same developer, is better on iOS than on Android. The Android app quality is not always that good. Is Android fragmentation problem. That’s why I prefer the iOS.

This isn't an android v. iOS issue.  You've introduced confusion to the OP question.  
2018-5-3
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

WebParrot Posted at 2018-5-3 06:31
I'm having some difficulty following the sequence that you have followed, but I did focus on one part that could be messing thing up.  You typed. " but pop up with Information 'Switch WiFi Settings' on the screen."  If you choose "OK" you are probably disconnecting from the WiFi link to the aircraft and re-connecting to you home WiFi.  Your Android device is likely choosing your home WiFi because it is set as you default WiFi.   The next time you get this message, READ the message carefully before tapping a choice.   The message will tell you which WiFi it is referring to.

Nope man...there is no wifi in my home, and that was on the field too far away from home. The issue comes up with the regulations of the country i think...

Only button i can click is OK, there is no other button, even i cant click back on  my navigation bar.
2018-5-3
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

{EDIT post removed}
2018-5-3
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Be patient.  :-)   This isn't a Chat service of DJI.  If you would like to Chat directly with DJI, there is a Chat option in Support.DJI.COM
2018-5-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

I assume it is this message, just without the "cancel" option:

That is why I asked, where it got activated, or who sold it to you.
Under 4.1.15 you should GET the "cancel" back
2018-5-3
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

COCA Posted at 2018-5-3 06:36
Nope man...there is no wifi in my home, and that was on the field too far away from home. The issue comes up with the regulations of the country i think...

Only button i can click is OK, there is no other button, even i cant click back on  my navigation bar.

Hmmm.  With that confirmation, I agree with most of the suggestion in post #8.  
Not necessarily the resetting of the SSID & Password, but resetting the Spark and then performing a linking of the Spark to the Remote.  
2018-5-3
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-3 06:44
I assume it is this message, just without the "cancel" option:

[view_image]

I bought a brand new spark fl more combo. Register it in Serbia.

Yes, that is the message, but in the newest version, there is no cancel button. I must downgrade
2018-5-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

COCA Posted at 2018-5-3 06:49
I bought a brand new spark fl more combo. Register it in Serbia.

Yes, that is the message, but in the newest version, there is no cancel button. I must downgrade

In the newer versions, the cancelation seemed to work with "back" function on the phone.
Is that not working in the latest version?
But anyway, if you dont have all parameter visible in the app, in otg mode, right now the onliest chance is to downgrade.
Aside the try to relink Bird an RC and hope the spark does not switch again and aproximate to 2.4 between AC-RC

So, coming back to why your bird has obviously FCC: Did you trick the app/phone  to FCC before?

Just to understand why a in CE country activated new bird wanna switch to CE before the first ever flight (I guess)
2018-5-3
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-3 06:58
In the newer versions, the cancelation seemed to work with "back" function on the phone.
Is that not working in the latest version?
But anyway, if you dont have all parameter visible in the app, in otg mode, right now the onliest chance is to downgrade.

Thanks for the advice. What is FCC and CE, the problem is if i can activate spark again may delete the problem, when i activate it i know that i tick Serbia, but don't know why is these message bothering me every time i start the app
2018-5-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

COCA Posted at 2018-5-3 07:05
Thanks for the advice. What is FCC and CE, the problem is if i can activate spark again may delete the problem, when i activate it i know that i tick Serbia, but don't know why is these message bothering me every time i start the app

My guess: You would like to keep the message as long you can cancel it. ;-)
FCC, if your AC is in that mode, has a stronger signal, meaning better stability of the RC-2-AC connection, in the end more, longer distances possible from the home point.
Or short: the advertised 2km is in FCC, the CE max range is advertised with 3-500m or so.

Interesting it would be to find out, how your bird got in FCC mode, so that it wanna change it now.
And why it is changing (assumingly) the band between bird and RC to 2.4 Ghz
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules