9926 9635 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-5-3 23:21
My video resolution switched from 4K to 1080p in the camera settings. The best thing to do is to check over all of the settings throughout the whole app. I also recalibrate the IMU and gimbal after a FW update too.

I lost the gimbal config, curves response and video settings too.
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-5-4 00:10
I lost the gimbal config, curves response and video settings too.

You will - just reset it all as it states in the release note from DJI
2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_Hc6WvFRyxKEJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11969 ft

United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-5-4 00:09
I don't tamper with that stuff myself but good it's working for you.

I don't  ever use fcc mode i just tried with the new fw update just curious about alterations in the new fw  ...iam still using CE mode far enough distance for me I never fly out off sight anyway.. you must  always  keep within the law
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very true!      
2018-5-4
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-5-4 00:13
You will - just reset it all as it states in the release note from DJI

Oh well, first thing I did is to set up everything as it was before ;)
2018-5-4
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-5-3 23:21
My video resolution switched from 4K to 1080p in the camera settings. The best thing to do is to check over all of the settings throughout the whole app. I also recalibrate the IMU and gimbal after a FW update too.

Likewise after every update I check everything and re calibrate everything. It surprises me some folks just update FW and go fly without checking or re-calibrating AC/App system/settings for the sake of what 5 minutes maintenance/systems checks.   But then again if everybody did the above we wouldn't get new threads posted 'Help I lost my drone'  or 'My drone just flew off and tried humping a tree'

2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-4 01:03
Likewise after every update I check everything and re calibrate everything. It surprises me some folks just update FW and go fly without checking or re-calibrating AC/App system/settings for the sake of what 5 minutes maintenance/systems checks.   But then again if everybody did the above we wouldn't get new threads posted 'Help I lost my drone'  or 'My drone just flew off and tried humping a tree'

Hahahaha - so true mate. Bit of TLC can make the difference between losing a grand or not with these things.
2018-5-4
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Switzerland

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-5-3 09:53
SOOOO SCARED NOW!!!!!!

""GPS location changes inexplicably, and when RTH is abnormal""

Yeah that sounds like an important update!!
2018-5-4
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Switzerland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-3 11:49
No reason at all to be scared. A potential and important issue has been identified and was addressed very quickly. Yours has not crashed or flown away, mine neither. Thus update quickly and fly happily! In case other users have been affected by this problem, I have no doubt that warranty was given. Thank you DJI for this quick and hopefully effective action!

Agree on that.
2018-5-4
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Switzerland

Merchfly Posted at 2018-5-3 13:28
Is this update also done to stop people using fake GPS?

What do you mean fake GPS? Did I miss something?
2018-5-4
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just updated, no problems / No RC or battery update required.
2018-5-4
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

But DJI just asks to manually restart drone and RC after firmware update and not to recalibrate all sensors and stuff..
2018-5-4
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

METROID Posted at 2018-5-4 02:34
But DJI just asks to manually restart drone and RC after firmware update and not to recalibrate all sensors and stuff..

If a FW can or does reset settings to default do you not think it might effect other systems! Re-calibrating costs nothing but a little time and could save you loosing your drone. If you don't want to re calibrate, it's quite simple, don't, but I choose to do so.  
2018-5-4
Use props
Breezer74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20072 ft

United Kingdom

Successfully updated and 3x batteries flown as the weather is nice again.  No issues, but thanks to the tips on here I checked 1st and found EXP settings as well as RTH height had reset.  I had no issues before, so cannot say if any big improvements, but certainly no new issues noticed.  On a side note though, on previous flights the video was always at 1080/60 on startup, having to be set manually to 4K each time.  This time it started in 4K for each battery, so that's a bonus for me.
2018-5-4
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Breezer74 Posted at 2018-5-4 03:52
Successfully updated and 3x batteries flown as the weather is nice again.  No issues, but thanks to the tips on here I checked 1st and found EXP settings as well as RTH height had reset.  I had no issues before, so cannot say if any big improvements, but certainly no new issues noticed.  On a side note though, on previous flights the video was always at 1080/60 on startup, having to be set manually to 4K each time.  This time it started in 4K for each battery, so that's a bonus for me.

Do you use quickshots, one thing i found is after using a quickshot mode to capture a video it resets video capture back to 1080. I think this needs to be fixed so that it returns back to whatever it was set to prior to the quickshot eg 4k.
2018-5-4
Use props
Breezer74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20072 ft

United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-5-4 04:50
Do you use quickshots, one thing i found is after using a quickshot mode to capture a video it resets video capture back to 1080. I think this needs to be fixed so that it returns back to whatever it was set to prior to the quickshot eg 4k.

I've not been using quickshots apart from one attempt at asteroid.  I've been practising mainly stick flying including a couple of point of interest shots.  I have tested activetrack, but not used it actively yet.
I will do further testing to see if there is any pattern to using a particular setting and if it goes back to 1080 afterwards and report back.
2018-5-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Crazyant Posted at 2018-5-4 02:22
What do you mean fake GPS? Did I miss something?

Some people use this to switch to FCC mode.
2018-5-4
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

No histogram and no exposure warning, set to on in the settings and keeps turning off, a wee bug I guess, going to refresh FW later. Busy packing up an inspire to go to repair lol not a good day   
2018-5-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-4 08:43
No histogram and no exposure warning, set to on in the settings and keeps turning off, a wee bug I guess, going to refresh FW later. Busy packing up an inspire to go to repair lol not a good day

But that is rather a bug in GO 4 then, I do not believe that it relates to Firmware.
2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_Hc6WvFRyxKEJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11969 ft

United Kingdom

very  good idea to do a calibrate. what would you suggest to calibrate ?  I'm new to my mavic air my first drone help would be appreciated thanks  
2018-5-4
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Hc6WvFRyxKEJ Posted at 2018-5-4 09:46
very  good idea to do a calibrate. what would you suggest to calibrate ?  I'm new to my mavic air my first drone help would be appreciated thanks

I would calibrate everything if you have not yet done so. IMU, Compass, Gimbal as starters and we'll go from there.
2018-5-4
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-4 08:52
But that is rather a bug in GO 4 then, I do not believe that it relates to Firmware.

There was no bug prior to the update buddy, everything worked like a dream.  I am sure they will sort it sooner rather than later. Will have to work around the exposure in the meantime.
2018-5-4
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-4 10:15
There was no bug prior to the update buddy, everything worked like a dream.  I am sure they will sort it sooner rather than later. Will have to work around the exposure in the meantime.

mine worked fine. I will wait a few more days before upgrading.
2018-5-4
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just updated, no problems after flying one battery . There should not be any  RC or battery update required.
Happy droning!!
2018-5-4
Use props
Crash-Test-Dummy
lvl.2
United States

"Cannot fly - firmware update required."  

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!  I can't fly for two weeks because of work and weather, and when I get a chance, I can't because of a freaking firmware update and the thing won't take off??  Really, DJI?!?!?  That's poor programming there, IMHO.  With other computing systems, EVEN ON MY COMPANY-OWNED LAPTOP, I can click through updates so I can get work done.  But not on this thing?  

After updating the firmware, oh, yeah, and recharging the battery that had depleted to 50% in the two weeks the fully-charged battery was sitting in the case, it was too dark to fly.  Thank you, DJI.

2018-5-4
Use props
Don W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12664 ft

wrong post
2018-5-5
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

Just charging for a trip out Sunday.

Glad I saw this post before I went.

2018-5-5
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_Hc6WvFRyxKEJ Posted at 2018-5-4 00:07
all fine here fcc mode still working fine

Nice to know
2018-5-5
Use props
Merchfly
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Anyone that updates to the new firmware i highly recommend you do a compass calibration or you might get signal problems,choppy frame rate on your mobile device and lots of interference.
2018-5-5
Use props
CaliforniaBear
lvl.2

Did the update now my air will not connect. Will connect to WiFi but cámara is going crazy any ideas
2018-5-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-4 10:13
I would calibrate everything if you have not yet done so. IMU, Compass, Gimbal as starters and we'll go from there.

And VPS, and best to do that straight after upgrade while it’s still connected to Ass2. Then others starting with IMU then gimbal. I only do compass if requested.
2018-5-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Crash-Test-Dummy Posted at 2018-5-4 13:31

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!  I can't fly for two weeks because of work and weather, and when I get a chance, I can't because of a freaking firmware update and the thing won't take off??  Really, DJI?!?!?  That's poor programming there, IMHO.  With other computing systems, EVEN ON MY COMPANY-OWNED LAPTOP, I can click through updates so I can get work done.  But not on this thing?  

Battery is set to discharge after 5 days by design. It’s a good thing...

And others updates went fine, including mine. I suggest setting your Air to factory defaults and doing a refresh.
2018-5-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

CaliforniaBear Posted at 2018-5-5 12:07
Did the update now my air will not connect. Will connect to WiFi but cámara is going crazy any ideas

I’d suggest setting to factory default and refreshing the firmware. I’ve found that sometimes some modules in the firmware update don’t install correctly. I haven’t had an issue with any of my drones since I started doing the update, reset to factory default, then refresh the firmware again.
2018-5-5
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-5-5 14:09
Battery is set to discharge after 5 days by design. It’s a good thing...

And others updates went fine, including mine. I suggest setting your Air to factory defaults and doing a refresh.

The default battery discharge for the MA is 10 days, if you press the power button, even just to check the level it will reset the discharge time to 10 days from when you pushed the button.
2018-5-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Crash-Test-Dummy Posted at 2018-5-4 13:31

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!  I can't fly for two weeks because of work and weather, and when I get a chance, I can't because of a freaking firmware update and the thing won't take off??  Really, DJI?!?!?  That's poor programming there, IMHO.  With other computing systems, EVEN ON MY COMPANY-OWNED LAPTOP, I can click through updates so I can get work done.  But not on this thing?  

This was a very important firmware update and you will be grateful to have it. If there is a firmware update like this one that does not allow downgrading after installation and which does not allow take off before installation it means that a serious problem has been addressed. And from all I have read so far DJI has done a good job with this and has reacted quickly. Thus nothing to blame them for, rather the opposite.
2018-5-5
Use props
Hayatosmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47680 ft
India

A CW Posted at 2018-5-3 14:35
Just updated on DJI Assistant 2 - no issues with the update. Can't see any changes within the app in terms of additional features or lay out. Be sure to check over your app configurations such as RTH altitude as some settings may return to factory defaults (RTH altitude back at 30m etc).

Mine Also Showing 30 M.
2018-5-5
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-5 14:18
This was a very important firmware update and you will be grateful to have it. If there is a firmware update like this one that does not allow downgrading after installation and which does not allow take off before installation it means that a serious problem has been addressed. And from all I have read so far DJI has done a good job with this and has reacted quickly. Thus nothing to blame them for, rather the opposite.

To Wachtberger:
You are absolutely right. DJI does a pretty good job with the Mavic AIR update, no reason to complain.   
2018-5-5
Use props
alonzowest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40938 ft
  • >>>

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-5-3 19:43
It didn't need to on my Air. Updating from v..300 to v..400 - all batteries worked fine without warnings.

glad i wasn't the only one, i thought i had a stubborn battery that didn't want to update
2018-5-5
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26106 ft

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-5 14:18
This was a very important firmware update and you will be grateful to have it. If there is a firmware update like this one that does not allow downgrading after installation and which does not allow take off before installation it means that a serious problem has been addressed. And from all I have read so far DJI has done a good job with this and has reacted quickly. Thus nothing to blame them for, rather the opposite.

Why are you praising DJI for fixing something that should not have to be fixed in the first place  ?

They should not be selling products to the public that are not fully ready for the market,they should be tested to the point that they will NEVER need any update.

Seems we now live in a society where it is acceptable to sell a product that is not finished/tested fully and then use the public as the testing mules to sort out any issues at a later date.

I do find it very strange that so many people on this forum go on about safety when flying but then give DJI a pat on the back for fixing a potentially dangerous item but don’t say nothing about that DJI have been letting them fly around with a potentially dangerous item until now.

As for the guy saying he wasn’t happy that he went to fly his drone and found out he couldn’t because he was forced to do an update,well so he should be naffed off as he shouldn’t have been sold an item that needs fixing in the first place.He has missed out on flying his drone when he wanted to due to DJI rushing out a product and it should not be like that.
2018-5-6
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Bigguns Posted at 2018-5-6 03:15
Why are you praising DJI for fixing something that should not have to be fixed in the first place  ?

They should not be selling products to the public that are not fully ready for the market,they should be tested to the point that they will NEVER need any update.

Well here is the thing. Software developers have some of the worst jobs in the world because they are having to develop features and functions for the masses. Imagine if it were as easy as you described above.

1. all drones would be white.
2. their functionality would be what the developer wanted  it to do i.e his personal preference.
3. all the controllers would be fixed on their settings as per his preference.
4. you would only be able to connect a certain make and model of tablet to it.
5. most of the settings would not need to be adjustable.

In that world they could probably develop fool proof code.
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules