1216 10 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

"Bugs fixed" is all there is in this version's description.
I thought this version would include the POI feature for I2, finally. Who's going to take one for the team and confirm? We certainly can't rely on DJI to provide any useful information as we've seen time and again.

Btw, this is on iOS.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi rent, POI is available in this version, please update and have a try.
2018-5-3
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-3 21:14
Hi rent, POI is available in this version, please update and have a try.

Great news, let's hope it becomes available for the CS soon
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-5-4 02:06

It will, just need some time, let's wait patiently.
2018-5-4
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-5-4 02:06

I look forward too!!!
2018-5-4
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

Tried it yesterday, it works.  I was a bit disappointing that its not as functional as the POI in the Litchi app that can fly to and target multiple POI's and knows what angle to point the camera.  This one is just straight forward, POI at drone location or POI at map location.  You have to aim the camera at the target yourself.  Also with the POI at map location, the bird will not fly itself to that location and then fly a set radius around it.  Instead, it will start circling the POI point from wherever it is currently located.  Even if you are a 1/2 mile away.
2018-5-4
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-4 02:44
It will, just need some time, let's wait patiently.

I am always happy to wait, no worries, I understand priorities.
2018-5-4
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Thanks for the report. That’s good to hear. I think that’s how DJI’s POI has always worked.
2018-5-4
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does POI work with Spotlight Pro? I assume this is how the framing is done best...
2018-5-5
Use props
allanart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blackwood Posted at 2018-5-4 12:08
Tried it yesterday, it works.  I was a bit disappointing that its not as functional as the POI in the Litchi app that can fly to and target multiple POI's and knows what angle to point the camera.  This one is just straight forward, POI at drone location or POI at map location.  You have to aim the camera at the target yourself.  Also with the POI at map location, the bird will not fly itself to that location and then fly a set radius around it.  Instead, it will start circling the POI point from wherever it is currently located.  Even if you are a 1/2 mile away.

Hi Blackwood.
I have tested the POI mode with the Inspire-2 with somewhat mixed results:
The flight path is exactly as expected and works well in my view, however I'm not convinced about the level of gimbal control. In both tests I set the gimbal to face the POI and while in some cases it did just that in other cases the gimbal pointed in a random direction, on one occasion it seemed to point towards the previous selected POI. I think the App is trying to control the gimbal - but there appears to be a bug in there somewhere..
Kind regards
Allan
2018-5-29
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

allanart Posted at 2018-5-29 01:48
Hi Blackwood.
I have tested the POI mode with the Inspire-2 with somewhat mixed results:
The flight path is exactly as expected and works well in my view, however I'm not convinced about the level of gimbal control. In both tests I set the gimbal to face the POI and while in some cases it did just that in other cases the gimbal pointed in a random direction, on one occasion it seemed to point towards the previous selected POI. I think the App is trying to control the gimbal - but there appears to be a bug in there somewhere..

Not surprised.  It's pretty weak considering how long we had to wait for the function.
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules