ocusync
1380 11 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Just another drone guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 875499 ft
Canada

I've been hearing a lot of things on youtube videos about "ocusync" and apparently the Mavic pro has it and also wifi, so how do I exactly know which one is on and if so which one is better?
2018-5-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

The Mavic pro has it. the Mavic Air does not.
2018-5-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

OcuSync is the clear winner but unfortunately the MA does not have it.  The MP and MPP do.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When you are connecting the mobile device via the RC to the drone, Ocusync is applied, you can click the transmission settings to check the signal interference on the current channel.
When connecting the drone and mobile device only via WiFi, Ocusync is not applied.
2018-5-3
Use props
Just another drone guy
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-3 18:36
When you are connecting the mobile device via the RC to the drone, Ocusync is applied, you can click the transmission settings to check the signal interference on the current channel.
When connecting the drone and mobile device only via WiFi, Ocusync is not applied.

hi so does that mean when I connect to the drone via controller ocusync will be turned on automatically?
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Just another drone guy Posted at 2018-5-3 20:49
hi so does that mean when I connect to the drone via controller ocusync will be turned on automatically?

Yes, you are correct.
2018-5-3
Use props
Just another drone guy
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-3 21:13
Yes, you are correct.

So that means I don’t have to do anything right?
2018-5-3
Use props
Just another drone guy
lvl.3
Canada

Yes, you are correct.

So that means I don’t have to do anything?
2018-5-3
Use props
Just another drone guy
lvl.3
Canada

Yes, you are correct.

2018-5-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just another drone guy Posted at 2018-5-3 23:15

The Mavic Pro series has OcuSync built into the remote controller as standard. You can not turn it off and on - its the fixed radio transmission system used to operate the drone with the RC. It works in a similar way to WiFi but is much more advanced which is why you will get unbelievable range and a clear signal with little latency using the remote. Use the WiFi switch only if you intend to fly using just your phone and not the RC as DJI Thor stated. Expect no more that 100m range in that case. So with the RC connected you have nothing to do regarding the transmission system as there is only one - OcuSync.
2018-5-3
Use props
Just another drone guy
lvl.3
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-5-3 23:30
The Mavic Pro series has OcuSync built into the remote controller as standard. You can not turn it off and on - its the fixed radio transmission system used to operate the drone with the RC. It works in a similar way to WiFi but is much more advanced which is why you will get unbelievable range and a clear signal with little latency using the remote. Use the WiFi switch only if you intend to fly using just your phone and not the RC as DJI Thor stated. Expect no more that 100m range in that case. So with the RC connected you have nothing to do regarding the transmission system as there is only one - OcuSync.

ok, then thanks for explaining everything!
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Just another drone guy Posted at 2018-5-4 09:00
ok, then thanks for explaining everything!

You can refer to A CW's reply. When connecting the drone and mobile device via the RC, OcuSync is (and only) applied.
2018-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules