DJI Go 4 Not supporting Note 8
8497 23 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zergyou86
lvl.1
United States

HI so i bought a mavic air 2 weeks ago great little drone and i was able to use my note 8 up until yesterday did they take the note 8 off the compatility list ? if this is the case is there plans on bringing it back kinda sucks i cant use my phone any input on this would be great thanks
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, as for the connecting issue, I would suggest doing the troubleshooting first.
1. Please check if you could control the gimbal by the RC. If the gimbal doesn't move, please try to relink the drone and RC.
2. If you can control it, please try to replug the connecting cable between the RC and the device.
3. Try to reinstall the app, don't forget to backup important files and flight records first, or please try another mobile device which is on the support list since the Samsung Note 8 is not on the list.
4. Upgrade the firmware if it is needed.
See if it helps. devide support list.png
2018-5-3
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and so far i have no issue with DJI Go/Go 4 apps.
2018-5-3
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Note 8 running DJI Go4 with no problems

PS: running Android 7.1.1 not upgrade to 8.0 yet
2018-5-3
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

Note 8 + Android 7 = all is OK.
2018-5-3
Use props
Zergyou86
lvl.1

I'm running Android 7.1.1 and can't  connect to the RC my drone is connected to the rc and I can use my gfs galaxy s8 but not my note 8 started happening Tuesday may 1st
2018-5-4
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Russia

Zergyou86, when you connect NOTE 8 to RC does it show you USB connection settings in Android top dropdown menu? IF yes, then try different modes.
2018-5-4
Use props
Zergyou86
lvl.1

Yes I can change the usb input mode I've tried all of them with the same result
2018-5-4
Use props
Frenky Beleven
New
Croatia

Used again today Galaxy Note 8 with no issues with my Mavic pro
2018-5-4
Use props
Frenky Beleven
New
Croatia

2018-5-4
Use props
Frenky Beleven
New
Croatia

Frenky Beleven Posted at 2018-5-4 14:10

Galaxy Note 8 Android version 8.0.0
2018-5-4
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Russia

Zergyou86 Posted at 2018-5-4 08:11
Yes I can change the usb input mode I've tried all of them with the same result

Try to delete cache of DJI Go, then delete DJI Go, restart Note 8, and reinstall DJI Go.
2018-5-4
Use props
Zergyou86
lvl.1

Will try metroid and cranky beleven I'm using mavic air
2018-5-4
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Try this...
Go to Settings
Device Maintenance
Click the "Optimize Now" Button.  This will clear all non-important apps running in the back ground.
Click the Battery Button, Bottom left
Click "Save Power" button.  This will shut down all the apps running in the background, saving power.  
Do all this before starting Go4.  This will reduce the number of programs running in the background eating Battery power AND CPU power.  

Device Maintenance can be set up as a stand alone icon on the screen so you don't have to run through the settings list every time.  
2018-5-4
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft

I would go with performance mode personally
2018-5-4
Use props
Zergyou86
lvl.1

Tried this brad bilger still no connection have tried in performance mode also same result thanks for all the help and input much better the dji's customer service
2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_7zO4VsUoMAix
lvl.1

United States

Zergyou86 Posted at 2018-5-5 06:58
Tried this brad bilger still no connection have tried in performance mode also same result thanks for all the help and input much better the dji's customer service

Go to your Samsung Note 8 "Application" icon and Open Settings option.

Step 3: Under Settings option, select About phone, then choose Software Information.

Step 4: Scroll down the screen and tap Build number several times until you see a message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".

Enable Developer Option on Note 8

Step 5: Select on the Back button and you will see the Developer options menu under Settings, and select Developer options.

Step 6: Slide the "Developer Options" button to "On" and check "USB debugging".

Step 7: You will see a messages "Allow USB Debugging", click "OK".

After this, in the developer options menu scroll down to USB configuration, and choose picture transfer protocol.

This fixed mine right away, same phone as yours!
2018-6-17
Use props
Tony_os
New
Flight distance : 42224 ft
United States

I have Strange problem with remote. When i connect my Note8 it is connecting for a couple sec  then disconnecting, then connecting again.. so i can't even use my remote and see what i am filming. Or?
Because remote is connected to drone, as i can move camera with it. Today had to hard restart wifi on drone to be able to flight a bit, now need to reconnect RC again.
When i connect S8 to remote - no chargin/connecting problems.
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot
2018-9-11
Use props
djiuser_I3kunn0J7VXr
New
Brazil

Bom Dia, uso o App Oficial da DJI com meu DRONE MAVIC AIR e meu celular SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE8, e até o momento nunca tive problemas.
Também utilizo o App LITCHI sem problema algum quando realizo vôos em FPV com meu SAMSUNG GEAR VR.
2018-11-29
Use props
SLaU
lvl.1
Brazil

Estou com o mesmo problema, liguei na assistência tecnica da DJI eles disseram que há varios relatos com os novos dispositivos da sansung, S8, s8+, s9, s9+, Note 8 e Note 9 não tem jeito fiz Depuração USB mudei os Protocolos PTM, limpei cache, formatei o celular mesmo assim nada adiantou, ja ouvi em grupos de whatsapp que a Dji esta bloqueando os aparelhos por causa do sansung gear que é bem mais em conta do que o oculos de FPV da DJI não sei se é verdade a unica alternativa que me restou é relatar o problema do aplicativo na PlayStore infelizmente muito triste.
2018-11-30
Use props
fans04be5ce3
New
Thailand

I've had a note 8 for about 1.5 years.. I have a phantom 4 and phantom 4 pro.  I never ever got the DJI 4 app to work.. Now I'm a android / app programmer.. so I can look into things.  DJi's lame support for android really is annoying.  Today reading this post for the first time.. I realized I could try something.. Running android 7.1  my note 8 is rooted (doesn't really matter) but enabling developer mode ( if you don't know how to do this.. its note that hard...)  gives you access to some settings not readily available.  I also bought Litchi.  At first my USB was set to MTP which is the default.. I tried the different settings from the notification window those gve me MTP/connect to MIDI/transfer images and charge.  Nothing worked.. However in developer mode there is another setting ANDIS ethernet.  This was my last hope.. When I set to ANDIS, suddenly Litchi poped up and the was connected to my phantom 4.  The first time ever.  It works fine under ANDIS mode for USB.  Now I'm going stupid enough to say "this is the fix for everyone".. but I've tried for about 1.5 years to get this bugger to work.. DJI never helped.. well I understand..they are not real technical.  .. So if you want give this idea a try.. you might just get success like me!  Now my next task will be to see if I can DJI-4 under ANDIS mode.. OK hlpe this helps.  mikel...
2019-4-27
Use props
run2jeepn
lvl.2

United States

Been running my Mavic Air with a Note 8 with ZERO problems.
2019-4-27
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Note 8 + android 9.0 without usb debugging enabled - no problems
2019-4-27
Use props
zappy54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

fans04be5ce3 Posted at 4-27 12:45
I've had a note 8 for about 1.5 years.. I have a phantom 4 and phantom 4 pro.  I never ever got the DJI 4 app to work.. Now I'm a android / app programmer.. so I can look into things.  DJi's lame support for android really is annoying.  Today reading this post for the first time.. I realized I could try something.. Running android 7.1  my note 8 is rooted (doesn't really matter) but enabling developer mode ( if you don't know how to do this.. its note that hard...)  gives you access to some settings not readily available.  I also bought Litchi.  At first my USB was set to MTP which is the default.. I tried the different settings from the notification window those gve me MTP/connect to MIDI/transfer images and charge.  Nothing worked.. However in developer mode there is another setting ANDIS ethernet.  This was my last hope.. When I set to ANDIS, suddenly Litchi poped up and the was connected to my phantom 4.  The first time ever.  It works fine under ANDIS mode for USB.  Now I'm going stupid enough to say "this is the fix for everyone".. but I've tried for about 1.5 years to get this bugger to work.. DJI never helped.. well I understand..they are not real technical.  .. So if you want give this idea a try.. you might just get success like me!  Now my next task will be to see if I can DJI-4 under ANDIS mode.. OK hlpe this helps.  mikel...

Hi fans04be5ce3 on my Huawei Mediapad M5 the option for ANDIS IS different its RNDIS (usb ethernet) but selected that option made no difference still keeps reverting back to charging mode
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules