Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air Firmware Released
487523 487523 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2018.05.02
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0100
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.2.12
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.2.12

What’s New?
Aircraft:
  • Improved firmware data safety.
  • Fixed an issue where GPS location changes inexplicably, and when RTH is abnormal due to compass interference.
  • Optimized vision arithmetic to improve flight performance at both high altitudes or over unclear ground patterns.
  • Improved camera stability.
  • Improved safety for ActiveTrack and SmartCapture.

Notes:
  • Make sure you update the DJI GO 4 app to the latest 4.2.12 version or higher before updating the firmware.
  • Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • This firmware update resets the camera settings.
  • GEO zone authorization will be disabled after this firmware update. Please reinstall it again.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

2018-5-3
Use props
GLJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

Updated but way too windy to test in Orlando today.
2018-5-3
Use props
kfloke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Hopefully it work well
2018-5-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update went through fine and everything looks OK - yet to fly it though following the update.
2018-5-4
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

GLJones Posted at 2018-5-3 20:14
Updated but way too windy to test in Orlando today.

I think all of Florida is under 25mph or plus winds.
I flew the new version yesterday with no problems was fighting the winds a bit.
it flew great.
2018-5-4
Use props
desel
lvl.2
Czechia

do you know anybody is it still forking FCC mode via fake GPS mode, on new firmware v01.00.0400 and new DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.2.12. ?

2018-5-4
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

desel Posted at 2018-5-4 00:38
do you know anybody is it still forking FCC mode via fake GPS mode, on new firmware v01.00.0400 and new DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.2.12. ?

I didn't check yet, but think it should work always, as AC detects  GPS and it does not understand if the sighal is fake or real
P.S. Did check - working
2018-5-4
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

update went flawless, so far so good. seems to me this time there is no need to update individual batteries.
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sky6105 Posted at 2018-5-4 00:24
I think all of Florida is under 25mph or plus winds.
I flew the new version yesterday with no problems was fighting the winds a bit.
it flew great.

Good to know - thanks   
2018-5-4
Use props
0Kajuna0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

No fix for SRT flight data? https://forum.dji.com/thread-140031-1-1.html
2018-5-4
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not that I ever do, but no going back from this one.  I’ve never seen it so clearly stated.
2018-5-4
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

This means that update is very important and most probably fixes something crucial for safety flying
2018-5-4
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Just updated firmware for my MA and all went well.  It night time now so will fly tomorrow if not too windy.
It was not available a little earlier in my country though DJI GO 4 automaticallupdated to 4.1.14
2018-5-4
Use props
WeeAirDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122159 ft
United Kingdom

I updated last night I flew this morning. I used litchi to create a series of way points at my local park and flew the air for 4 minutes at 5 mph it performed beautifully and when the mission was completed it returned to home and landed to an inch of where it had taken off. Great job guys, DJI Go4 is still my go to app but the way point ability of Litchi is soooo good
2018-5-4
Use props
SisuBrothers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95367 ft
Finland

I can't connect the remote control to DJI Assistant 2...managed to update the drone but not the RC. I get the usb connected/disconnected sound from my PC. Any ideas?
2018-5-4
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

WeeAirDrone Posted at 2018-5-4 09:04
I updated last night I flew this morning. I used litchi to create a series of way points at my local park and flew the air for 4 minutes at 5 mph it performed beautifully and when the mission was completed it returned to home and landed to an inch of where it had taken off. Great job guys, DJI Go4 is still my go to app but the way point ability of Litchi is soooo good

Great to hear wee air. Thanks
2018-5-4
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

SisuBrothers Posted at 2018-5-4 09:27
I can't connect the remote control to DJI Assistant 2...managed to update the drone but not the RC. I get the usb connected/disconnected sound from my PC. Any ideas?

I don't think the controller needs to be updated with this new release. Just the quad. Look at the specs in the announcement post. Looks like the controller is still on the old FW.
2018-5-4
Use props
WeeAirDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122159 ft
United Kingdom

Bill B Posted at 2018-5-4 10:08
I don't think the controller needs to be updated with this new release. Just the quad. Look at the specs in the announcement post. Looks like the controller is still on the old FW.

Same conclusion here buddy
2018-5-4
Use props
SisuBrothers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95367 ft
Finland

It is good that I don't need to update the RC but it is still strange that it can't be connected to the DJI assistant 2.
2018-5-4
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm new to Mavic AIR. I just got it a few days ago. So after this firmware update, do I need to Calibrate the compass again. And IMU do I need to calibrate?
2018-5-4
Use props
wjkrysak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just completed my update. Smooth wifi update. MA only. No request to update controller and batteries. It appears to return to default settings. I had to restore my personal settings. Will attempt flight in morning. Hoping for waypoints in next firmware.
2018-5-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2018-5-4
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2018-5-4 11:58
I'm new to Mavic AIR. I just got it a few days ago. So after this firmware update, do I need to Calibrate the compass again. And IMU do I need to calibrate?

I would, yes. It never hurts to do so.  I will when I do my update. When you do the IMU cali, be sure quad is on a level surface and that things are still and quiet. No one running through the room making things vibrate and so on.  Two very simple procedures to do, that can make a big difference.
2018-5-4
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

wjkrysak Posted at 2018-5-4 12:33
Just completed my update. Smooth wifi update. MA only. No request to update controller and batteries. It appears to return to default settings. I had to restore my personal settings. Will attempt flight in morning. Hoping for waypoints in next firmware.

Great to hear that you had success. As for the waypoints, I don't think they will be coming to the air at all. There has been a huge outcry for them since the release. This would have been the perfect time for DJI to add them, they did not.
2018-5-4
Use props
GLJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

Bill B Posted at 2018-5-4 14:20
Great to hear that you had success. As for the waypoints, I don't think they will be coming to the air at all. There has been a huge outcry for them since the release. This would have been the perfect time for DJI to add them, they did not.

Artificial limitation to keep the Mavic Pro viable.  Hopefully they will add it when they think the Pro 2 update speaks for itself in hardware.
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update: Did four back-to-back flights yesterday evening with the MA on the new FW .400 and the latest GO 4 app .14 using my iPhone 7 plus having also calibrated everything beforehand and the compass at my flight location. Not a single glitch during all four flights lasting nearly 1 hour, 10 minutes. Good job DJI.
2018-5-4
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

GLJones Posted at 2018-5-4 19:39
Artificial limitation to keep the Mavic Pro viable.  Hopefully they will add it when they think the Pro 2 update speaks for itself in hardware.

I see where you might have a point here. However DJI doesn't need to limit their newest release and huge success of the MA to keep the pro alive, that is for sure. The Mavic Pro stands on it's own merit. It is a top quality ship, with some massive technology built in. It has a ton of sales and will be around long after the air has been out. They really are two different animals. The Pro being the leader of the industry by a long shot. Had Dji intended for the air to have waypoints, they would have added them. Why cripple their wallets? People will still buy the Pro for it's features.
2018-5-5
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-5-4 23:55
Update: Did four back-to-back flights yesterday evening with the MA on the new FW .400 and the latest GO 4 app .14 using my iPhone 7 plus having also calibrated everything beforehand and the compass at my flight location. Not a single glitch during all four flights lasting nearly 1 hour, 10 minutes. Good job DJI.

Awesome, Great to hear that. I did the update last evening. We had some very strong thunderboomers come through and high winds. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it today. Been a really lousy spring here in the groinal regions of the globe. (western, NY)
2018-5-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bill B Posted at 2018-5-5 00:54
Awesome, Great to hear that. I did the update last evening. We had some very strong thunderboomers come through and high winds. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it today. Been a really lousy spring here in the groinal regions of the globe. (western, NY)

One thing I did however notice is that precision landing is not as accurate as before - feet to metres out in fact. Everything else was perfectly fine
2018-5-5
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

GLJones Posted at 2018-5-4 19:39

They have already added waypoints to the Air.
2018-5-5
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

i took my Air up for the first time today after the firmware update.  as long as i was within 500 feet(distance), the movement was smooth as normal, however once beyond 500 ft, the video signal was very choppy and hung alot.   

I'm the only difference from my last flights is the firmware.  I was able to fly upwards of 2000 ft away with no problems before the update.  now it's not pleasant.  I hope this is an anomoaly, because it CLEARLY said that there is no going back from this update.
2018-5-5
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-5-4 06:44
Not that I ever do, but no going back from this one.  I’ve never seen it so clearly stated.

From the looks of some of the "What's New" (aka - fixes), going back could pose some bad flight characteristics ( aka fly aways, crashes ).  I can understand why they might want you to stick with what was fixed !!
2018-5-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-5-5 06:09
From the looks of some of the "What's New" (aka - fixes), going back could pose some bad flight characteristics ( aka fly aways, crashes ).  I can understand why they might want you to stick with what was fixed !!

You could be right, and perhaps it’s just a nice way of saying we’re not gonna ground your aircraft (alla Spark) this time.  
2018-5-5
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

I updated and fly 2 times around half hour. Everything looks good. This update seems only for Air. It’s not updating the battery. I changed another battery and it didn’t require upgrade. The RC also not update come out.
2018-5-5
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

Is it OK that after update to 01.00.0400 the DJI Go is showing firmware as N/A?
UPDATE!
Fixed in the new app version.
Screenshot_20180505-175058.jpg
2018-5-5
Use props
Robogo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73343 ft
United Kingdom

SisuBrothers Posted at 2018-5-4 09:27

Hi,

I had the same issue and this one worked for me, worth a try: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1687927

Hope this helps.
2018-5-5
Use props
SirPasta117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know if this update breaks Litchi waypoints?
2018-5-6
Use props
Oldfox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150922 ft
Estonia

SirPasta117 Posted at 2018-5-6 15:52
Does anyone know if this update breaks Litchi waypoints?

No it doesn't break Litchi waypoints.
2018-5-6
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

There were 2 threads posted about the Air not responding to RC in Sport mode after updated to this firmware. But all the threads were deleted probably by mod. Can anybody test and verify this.
2018-5-7
Use props
AndrewUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1403068 ft
United Kingdom

Supong Posted at 2018-5-7 02:08
There were 2 threads posted about the Air not responding to RC in Sport mode after updated to this firmware. But all the threads were deleted probably by mod. Can anybody test and verify this.

My report of thread is here and Admin are responding:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1722587

My MA has stopped responding on a number of occasions while in sport mode.  In a two cases it was while the MA was low enough to be in VPS and vision sensor range.  In probably two other cases it was while the MA was up around 30m and suffering some poor signal.  In all cases my MA just hovered perfectly still, I had to flip back to P-mode and stick control was resumed immediately.  However another user reports their MA refused stick control around 1 meter over the ground and continued into a fence at full speed.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules