Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air Firmware Released
55069 190 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Put together a little video on this issue;

NOT RECOMMENDING THIS UPDATE:

2018-5-12
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

Strange that this thread no longer pinned to the top. Seems not just a simple comestic error. Many other faults also reported, erratic yaw, haywire activetrack...
2018-5-12
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Singapore

Up this thread as warning. Appeared unpinned to hide this major boo. Unprofessional.
2018-5-13
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I should get Phantom or MP, blurry half right side image made it useless for recording videos, images. No one from official DJI aware issue. I bought this one unofficially even it brand new sealed. No way to return of fix and this 0400 update again I thought it was normal after careful reset, calibrate everything but actually, my quad behaved weird, drift and gimbal unstable. @DJI you know MA did not a several bucks toy for kid!!
2018-5-13
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm still watching this thread.   Nothing new posted from DJI.  I suspect we won't hear anything before Monday.  Most senior DJI techs are probably out of the office until Monday.  Will keep checking back.  
2018-5-13
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

Brantel Posted at 2018-5-10 16:29
Ever since updating to v01.00.0400 my once flawless MA has started glitching in yaw about 10-20 degrees to the left (very rapid sudden jerk while hovering) about a minute after take off.  This seems to be 100% repeatable.  The glitch does not seem to reoccur after the initial one but I am being very careful at this point and not venturing off to far.  Also I have noticed that the yaw is not "locked in" like it used to be.  The aircraft slowly turns left or right without any stick input while hovering.  I have re-calibrated the compass and the IMU and the sensor status page shows little to no interference with the sensors or the compass.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem after the update. Did stick calibration and that didn’t help. Deleted go4 app and reinstalled ( see they updated the app to 14 now sometime in the last week instead of 12 that is was on time of firmware release) and have flown 3 batteries since with no problems of it doing it yet. Also noticed satellite link up was a bit faster when first turned on and satellite numbers and strength seem to be up a little in my case.
2018-5-13
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

gcomfx Posted at 2018-5-9 06:00
Mine has randomly done the "drift rotation" since I bought it (I believe I've done two firmware updates so far since owning it).  The "drift rotation" was bad enough a few nights ago I couldn't even get HDR pictures very well.  I found that if I land the drone and then take off again it'll help.  On a side note: I do a compass calibration before every first flight at a new location. Also, I haven't updated the firmware to this recent one yet.

Are you using an iPad?
2018-5-13
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

sstimeare Posted at 2018-5-9 05:18
UPDATE:  So after redoing the Visual Calibration through DJI assistant and doing a remote sticks calibration, along with uninstalling and reinstalling GO4, the problem seems to have been resolved.  I don't know if it was a combonation of all of these, or if it was just one of them that fixed it.  But, Air now hovers in place and doesn't shift.  Fly's straight and doesn't seem to rotate on its own anymore.  Flew in various flight modes as well as Sport, all seemed to work fine.  I'm also not getting tons of compass calibration alerts anymore.  Very weird...

Hope that helps anyone with similar issue.

I went through it in steps starting with the stick calibration,which didn’t work. Then deleted the app and reinstalled and that seemed to fix it.
2018-5-13
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-5-13 18:17
I went through it in steps starting with the stick calibration,which didn’t work. Then deleted the app and reinstalled and that seemed to fix it.

I have tried 2 different mobile devices and Litchi in addition to DJI Go 4.  

The only thing I have not done is totally uninstall DJI Go 4 and reinstall on them.  Since Litchi does it as well, I can't see how it has anything to do with DJI Go 4 but who knows????
2018-5-14
Use props
fansf8fed83d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402175 ft
United Kingdom

Brantel Posted at 2018-5-10 16:29
Ever since updating to v01.00.0400 my once flawless MA has started glitching in yaw about 10-20 degrees to the left (very rapid sudden jerk while hovering) about a minute after take off.  This seems to be 100% repeatable.  The glitch does not seem to reoccur after the initial one but I am being very careful at this point and not venturing off to far.  Also I have noticed that the yaw is not "locked in" like it used to be.  The aircraft slowly turns left or right without any stick input while hovering.  I have re-calibrated the compass and the IMU and the sensor status page shows little to no interference with the sensors or the compass.

Any ideas?

Hello there,
Unfortunately I have the exact same problems as you have listed! And I have recalibrated everything in an attempt to put it right, but still it remains
Let’s hope they are ironed out as soon as possible!
2018-5-14
Use props
gcomfx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119613 ft
United States

I mainly fly with my iphone 8+.  I have an older ipad that I occasionally fly with as well, but the screen is very hard to see out in the sunlight.  I had the "drift rotation" happen again Friday with my iphone.  I have NOT upgraded to the current firmware release.  This time I spun the Mavic Air hard the opposite direction, then spun it right back and it held steady.  Still not sure what is causing it... but it's annoying and can't really be corrected with subtle movements in my experience.

I always do a compass calibration before flying from a new location.  I've tried a stick calibration.  The problem is really random.  I can go 6 or 8 flights without it happening, and then it'll do it again.  Dunno.  I keep hoping for an update to address it.  Right now I take more pictures than video.  I'm hoping to do more video soon as I test some new ND filters...
2018-5-14
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

Folks,

Progress is being made in identifying the root cause of these issues.  A very promising post was made to one of my post on Face Book from a DJI support group manager.  The post states that they have been able to replicate the issue on their end and that a fix for it is imminent.

This is good news and praise for DJI's support group for listening!
2018-5-14
Use props
sstimeare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41437 ft
United States

Brantel Posted at 2018-5-14 08:58
Folks,

Progress is being made in identifying the root cause of these issues.  A very promising post was made to one of my post on Face Book from a DJI support group manager.  The post states that they have been able to replicate the issue on their end and that a fix for it is imminent.

I guess that is good news.  I gotta say tho, I'm hesitant to do another firmware update (even if they claim this new one, fixes the issues caused by the last update) now that i've gotten it working again after being grounded for over a week due to the drift and random rotations.

2018-5-14
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Isn't the AC and RC firmware supposed to match?

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400
Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0100
2018-5-14
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I hope they can do something with camera quality in the long term also. I did not want stay in the faulty part of camera issue (blurry/soft image).
2018-5-14
Use props
thecounty
lvl.1

Scary today!! Was landing in my hand and second I grabbed on the motors went full on crazy fast and remote/ app became unresponsive! After what seemed like an eternity but was maybe 10 or 20 seconds, the screen flashed something in red about engines overheating and then motors just shut down. God knows what would have happened if I was not holding on to it at that exact moment!! Maybe I would be here crying about a fly away! So lucky but still very concerning!!!
2018-5-14
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Motor run crazy on your hand is possiblely MA want to stop you turn to turn it over! All drone will try to balance itself when you holding it and move. MA not designed to land on hand. It’s very dangerous to do so.
2018-5-14
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

I fly almost 10 times after firmware upgrade and has no issues. I try both sport and p mode. No problem I can see so far with my iPhone 8.
2018-5-14
Use props
Igor_G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88750 ft
Latvia

Hi, Friends!
Ever since updating to v01.00.0400 my Mavic Air do not compas calibrate..... also other problems appeared during flight. How can I recover previous version of an update? Are there any recomendations from DJI?
2018-5-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Folks,

Progress is being made in identifying the root cause of these issues.  A very promising post was made to one of my post on Face Book from a DJI support group manager.  The post states that they have been able to replicate the issue on their end and that a fix for it is imminent.

Thanks for the heads up.  
2018-5-15
Use props
totalitarian
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I too get the dreaded yawing. It doesn't seem to be able to hold it's YAW position at all
2018-5-15
Use props
Sohrab.YY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93694 ft

Folks,

Thanks for letting us know. Do you have any idea when they would release the new firmware update?

Is someone from DJI here who knows this?
2018-5-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sohrab.YY Posted at 2018-5-15 11:20
Thanks for letting us know. Do you have any idea when they would release the new firmware update?

Bump...yes, waiting to see DJI ADMIN post an update on this issue.  
2018-5-15
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

Sohrab.YY Posted at 2018-5-15 11:20

Have no clue....
2018-5-15
Use props
Gr8fulTed
lvl.2
United States

So I was away from my Mavic Air for a few weeks and when I returned I discovered the issue everyone was having with the latest firmware update. I decided to wait until I was positive a resolution had  been offered before updating the firmware.  A couple of days ago while checking my automatic updates on my iPhone and iPad, I noticed that the DJI Go4 app had been automatically updated on my devices. The DJI staff who have posted here strongly indicate this was an app issue, so I am wondering if anyone has received the update and if it resolved any issues they had experienced after they had experienced firmware update issues.
2018-5-16
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Singapore

Up this thread as warning. Appeared unpinned to hide this major boo. Unprofessional.

It's not just a simple cosmetic error. Many other faults also reported, erratic yaw, haywire activetrack...

Wasn't it stated there would be a promising update...that's 3 days ago, more than 2 weeks after this disastrous firmware!

After a long time, will the app force you to update to latest firmware to let you fly? I thought I read that before. I am sticking to .0300 firmware until there's a clear resolution to this major boo.
2018-5-17
Use props
PRISO
New

India

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-5-4 06:44
Not that I ever do, but no going back from this one.  I’ve never seen it so clearly stated.

This update seems only for Air. It’s not updating the battery. I changed another battery and it didn’t require upgrade. https://uspstracking-online.blogspot.in https://about.me/uspstracking.online https://ello.co/fosifonsi http://unitedstates-postalservice.blogspot.in/ https://www.bloglovin.com/@uspstrackingonline/usps-tracking https://www.codecademy.com/uspstrackings https://uspstrackingparcel.jimdofree.com/ http://uspstracking.simpsite.nl/ https://500px.com/uspstracking
2018-5-18
Use props
jimfalt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136598 ft

Nice!!!!!!!!
2018-5-18
Use props
jimfalt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136598 ft

Good news!
2018-5-18
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Folks,

Progress is being made in identifying the root cause of these issues.  A very promising post was made to one of my post on Face Book from a DJI support group manager.  The post states that they have been able to replicate the issue on their end and that a fix for it is imminent.

good to know.

i'm continuing to watch this thread as well, hoping to get more information.

Thanks Brantel.
2018-5-18
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Singapore

Still nothing in  sight. Disappointing.
2018-5-18
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

darrc Posted at 2018-5-18 21:00
Still nothing in  sight. Disappointing.

wait for monday
2018-5-18
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

what's the good news ?
2018-5-19
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

which Monday ?
2018-5-19
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

i wish i could combine all of these Firmware threads together...  

I wanted to share what i've done and the little progress it has made, while still not making my aircraft they way it was..

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1682706
2018-5-19
Use props
Bruno Rook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

New firmware downloaded I can’t wait for try it but the weather was S#%£  today.
2018-5-19
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

gcomfx Posted at 2018-5-14 06:57
I mainly fly with my iphone 8+.  I have an older ipad that I occasionally fly with as well, but the screen is very hard to see out in the sunlight.  I had the "drift rotation" happen again Friday with my iphone.  I have NOT upgraded to the current firmware release.  This time I spun the Mavic Air hard the opposite direction, then spun it right back and it held steady.  Still not sure what is causing it... but it's annoying and can't really be corrected with subtle movements in my experience.

I always do a compass calibration before flying from a new location.  I've tried a stick calibration.  The problem is really random.  I can go 6 or 8 flights without it happening, and then it'll do it again.  Dunno.  I keep hoping for an update to address it.  Right now I take more pictures than video.  I'm hoping to do more video soon as I test some new ND filters...

Same here. Flys ok for a few flights and it’s back to drifting around for the first few minutes of flight. I’ve tried it with iOS and android and it does it on both so it has to be a problem with the firmware.
2018-5-20
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-5-14 12:58
Isn't the AC and RC firmware supposed to match?

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400

No. No all the time. Depends on what the update is for whether it is for the craft and controller or just the craft.
2018-5-20
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-14 20:13
I hope they can do something with camera quality in the long term also. I did not want stay in the faulty part of camera issue (blurry/soft image).

How blurry or soft are your images?
2018-5-20
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
United States

thecounty Posted at 2018-5-14 21:35
Scary today!! Was landing in my hand and second I grabbed on the motors went full on crazy fast and remote/ app became unresponsive! After what seemed like an eternity but was maybe 10 or 20 seconds, the screen flashed something in red about engines overheating and then motors just shut down. God knows what would have happened if I was not holding on to it at that exact moment!! Maybe I would be here crying about a fly away! So lucky but still very concerning!!!

How close was your controller to the Mavic?
2018-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules