Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Two P3 batteries have the same internal serial number.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jefudesu
lvl.1
Australia

I purchased 2 P3 Intelligent Batteries from an eBay dealer who purported to be an authorised dealer & who confirmed that they are genuine DJI batteries.
They have faintly printed serial number stickers on them:
My original batteries have bolder & darker printed serial numbers.
The DJI Go App reports both batteries as having the SAME internal serial number:

The manufacturer shown on the batteries is:
Dongguan Amperex Technology Limited.
Is that who makes genuine DJI Phantom 3 batteries?
The batteries gave around 20 mins flight time & upon recharging incremented the charge counter from 0 to 1.
Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.
Jeff

2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jeff, I've checked the SN you offered, both can be tracked in our system. However, per the system, 6171160628182 should be only available in China Mainland market, while 6171160628195 should be available in Germany market. Due to the non-global warranty, I'm afraid that you might not enjoy the local warranty, please kindly note and understand.
2018-5-6
Use props
Jefudesu
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you DJI Susan, can you explain both batteries reporting the same internal serial number?
2018-5-7
Use props
Jefudesu
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan, hopefully the text above shows one of the two batteries in question. It has 10 symbols on the connector side c.f. 5 symbols on my original batteries. The packaging is clean white with a line drawing of the battery in profile. INTELLIGENT FLIGHT BATTERY is printed in black & FOR PHANTOM 3 is printed in silver.
If the batteries are traceable in your system, does that make them genuine, although intended for different markets?
Thanks for your assistance.
2018-5-7
Use props
Jefudesu
lvl.1
Australia

I'm getting the hang of it, I now see the image not the text.
Below is one of my original batteries:

2018-5-7
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Jefudesu Posted at 2018-5-7 03:19
I'm getting the hang of it, I now see the image not the text.
Below is one of my original batteries:

I don't think you just from the labels can judge if it is genuine or not, they are subject to change.
This is a picture with two of mine 5870 mAh for the P4 series, left is the original that came with the P4P, right is a spare bought from the Danish DJI Center in Copenhagen so they better both be genuine even the labels has changed.

It does sound odd that yuo would have managed  to get two with same serial  though if yours are genuine, unless the serial are subject to change with location like some of their other equipment.

Label of P4P betteries. Left is original, right is a spare bought at DJI Center Copenhagen.

Label of P4P betteries. Left is original, right is a spare bought at DJI Center Copenhagen.

2018-5-7
Use props
Jefudesu
lvl.1
Australia

G'day KedDK,
My 2 new batteries have different SN labels but report the same SN in the DJI Go App. The photo shows the new batteries at the top & one of the originals at the bottom.
2018-5-7
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Jefudesu Posted at 2018-5-7 04:38
G'day KedDK,
My 2 new batteries have different SN labels but report the same SN in the DJI Go App. The photo shows the new batteries at the top & one of the originals at the bottom.
[view_image]

Yes i do get your issue, have you looked once more if not a single digit or letter differ?
When i started the thread linked to above i first thought that the serials on the two remotes in question was identical but then i  noticed that there was a difference in the middle of it, changing the issue from having two RC's with identical changing serials to be two RC's with their unique serial changing once each for some strange reason.

Can you post some screenshots from your App with each of your batteries in AC?
2018-5-7
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

When i bought a new battery 6 month ago i´d think it had the same SN but i´d an exacter look on to the 5th and 6th digit of that SN and the 5th and 6th was changed together on the new battery.
Nothing to scare. The "old" one has solved more than 150 flights and the "new" one more than 40 flights.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules