X5S Jumps in finger mode
1376 13 2018-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andymc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1023878 ft
United Kingdom

After updating the Inspire2/X5S/Batteries on Wednesday there, I seem to have developed a small anomaly.I noticed in my first test flights today, when using the 'finger on screen' method to move the gimbal, the first press of the finger onto the screen seems to make the whole camera jump. On a few occasions it has been as much as almost 90 degrees.
Once using the finger after this initial jump it seems to settle down to normal operation, even if I take my finger off and back on again. But if repositioning the aircraft and using the gimbal wheel it seems to come back. Initial jump, followed by normal operation. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how much it jumps either - could be a little, could be a lot.
Anyone else got this?
Any suggestions to clear the problem DJI?
Many thanks
Andy
2018-5-4
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

Does it jump around when you take pictures using the interval instead of single shot and just click through them using say Windows photos and browse through them. Seems like the gimble is jumpy after the update?
2018-5-4
Use props
andymc
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans72dc9910 Posted at 2018-5-4 16:38
Does it jump around when you take pictures using the interval instead of single shot and just click through them using say Windows photos and browse through them. Seems like the gimble is jumpy after the update?

I wasn't recording video or shooting stills when it happened - was just on a test flight.
Persisted through several shut downs and battery changes.
It is an instantaneous jump - eg turns in a fraction of a second then stops (could be 10 degrees, could be 90, apparently random direction). Then resumes normal finger dragging operation.
A bit of a problem as it means if flying a shot through followed by a finger drag pan, the camera will jump and ruin the shot.

2018-5-4
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

I was just wondering if it is related as my X5S camera does this when I land as well.
2018-5-5
Use props
andymc
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans72dc9910 Posted at 2018-5-5 05:57
I was just wondering if it is related as my X5S camera does this when I land as well.

Maybe - I have only seen it with mine in this finger dragging situation, haven't noticed it during landing.
Anyone at DJI seen this before or have any suggestions to fix?
Cheers
Andy
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

andymc Posted at 2018-5-6 07:40
Maybe - I have only seen it with mine in this finger dragging situation, haven't noticed it during landing.
Anyone at DJI seen this before or have any suggestions to fix?
Cheers

Andy, did you try to adjust the sensitive of the gimbal in the EXP of DJI GO 4? When you use the wheel of the RC to tilt the gimbal, please check if it has the same result. Thanks for your support.
2018-5-6
Use props
andymc
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-6 19:08
Andy, did you try to adjust the sensitive of the gimbal in the EXP of DJI GO 4? When you use the wheel of the RC to tilt the gimbal, please check if it has the same result. Thanks for your support.

HI Elektra
I have adjusted the EXP sensitivity of the gimbal wheel - down the way. At no point could I get the wheel to have the same effect as this initial jump.
Once this initial jump has taken place the gimbal is nice and slow as I had previously set it.
My experience goes: Finger placed on screen - instantaneous jump (seemingly random direction and amount)  - then back to normal operation of gimbal.
Thanks
Andy
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

andymc Posted at 2018-5-7 11:01
HI Elektra
I have adjusted the EXP sensitivity of the gimbal wheel - down the way. At no point could I get the wheel to have the same effect as this initial jump.
Once this initial jump has taken place the gimbal is nice and slow as I had previously set it.

It will be really helpful if you can shoot a video of the situation for further check. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-5-8
Use props
andymc
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Will do - it's raining here today but will jump out if there is a break.
Thanks
Andy
2018-5-8
Use props
andymc
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nipped out between showers as this is pretty urgent now - got a TV job on Friday/Saturday and really need this to be working.
At around 2 seconds you can see a perfect example - I started to finger drag the camera to the left and as soon as my finger is on the screen it immediately jumps 90 plus degrees to the right before resuming the left drag. Any thoughts very welcome.I have tried this on both a Huawei P10 phone and a Nexus 7 II both of which work perfectly otherwise. Both have the same glitch.
Bang up to date firmware/software on all.
X5S camera with Panasonic 14-42mm lens - again both of which have worked perfectly up to this recent firmware upgrade.

2018-5-8
Use props
andymc
lvl.2
United Kingdom

No progress on this from DJI?
2018-5-15
Use props
andymc
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It is still occurring - is there any suggestions, or a better place I can go to get this remedied?
2018-5-18
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 847428 ft
United Kingdom

I too am having this issue.

When first using a touchscreen (iPad Pro 10.5") to move the gimbal in any direction, it results in a significant "jump", normally panning rapidly to the left.

I have found a temporary workaround though... before you start recording video, try this:

1) trigger the camera "jump" deliberately (using a touchscreen device)
2) centralise the gimbal yaw (mine is set to C1 left trigger on the RC)
3) start the gimbal moving slowly in the direction of the shot you want
4) start recording (no more jumping for this sequence)

Not ideal I know, but this does work
2018-5-19
Use props
andymc
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Many thanks. I am using the same method but it needs an additional layer of thought when shots can be complicated enough! As you say, far from ideal...
Elektra - have DJI noticed a problem?
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules