Crashed drone before Care Refresh start date - am I f*cked???
1589 6 2018-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JELLMAN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3753 ft
United States

Hi,

We bought our drone one day before going on vacation. Went on vacation for 8 days, drone crashed (strangely) after third day. Just got back from vacation and received the email from DJI saying that my care refresh coverage starts TODAY.

So does that mean I lost $500? This is a REALLY dirty trick by DJI. That first week of drone flying is obviously when crashes like this are most likely to occur. We got the coverage specifically to save us in case something happened to the Spark while on vacation. What should I do?
2018-5-4
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

When did you buy DJI Care Refresh? If you bought it after you crashed, then you will not be able to use it. If you bought it prior to the crash, then you should be covered. Contact DJI Support for assistance.
2018-5-4
Use props
JELLMAN
lvl.1
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-5-4 05:54
When did you buy DJI Care Refresh? If you bought it after you crashed, then you will not be able to use it. If you bought it prior to the crash, then you should be covered. Contact DJI Support for assistance.

Ugh, I thought I included that in my original post, sorry. I bought it the day I bought the drone (April 24 I think, crashed the Drone April 29). I bought both on the same day from the store, but the email from Care Refresh clearly says the start date of the coverage is today.
2018-5-4
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

When DJI Care Refresh is purchased from the DJI Store at the same time, it's automatically activated within 24 hours. That means your Spark should be covered by the time you receive it. You'll need to contact DJI Support to ask them about the activation delay. Perhaps that email was sent out late in error.
2018-5-4
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>

JELLMAN Posted at 2018-5-4 06:02
Ugh, I thought I included that in my original post, sorry. I bought it the day I bought the drone (April 24 I think, crashed the Drone April 29). I bought both on the same day from the store, but the email from Care Refresh clearly says the start date of the coverage is today.

Pretty sure that the care refesh starts the day of purchase however could be wrong! I would contact DJI direct but sure you will be ok.... other than the mangled drone atm!
2018-5-4
Use props
JELLMAN
lvl.1
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-5-4 06:12
When DJI Care Refresh is purchased from the DJI Store at the same time, it's automatically activated within 24 hours. That means your Spark should be covered by the time you receive it. You'll need to contact DJI Support to ask them about the activation delay. Perhaps that email was sent out late in error.

Thanks, I didn't purchase it from the DJI Store, I puchased it from B&H.
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

JELLMAN Posted at 2018-5-4 06:28
Thanks, I didn't purchase it from the DJI Store, I puchased it from B&H.

For you situation, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support I believe that our support will take care of it. Thanks for your support.
2018-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules