Inspire 2 X5S images jumping around when not flying
923 13 2018-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans72dc9910
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone tried just taking a time lapse with their Inspire 2 in Follow or Free mode with the X5S and notice that the images are jumping a little (not expected). I do not know why this would be happening with my Inspire 2 just on a table just taking pictures.  You read that right my Inspire 2 in just sitting in place on a table (not flying) and the image capture is set to interval and I am using 2 seconds as my interval. I am noticing that the pictures jump around.  Does anybody know what might be causing this? When I fly the Inspire 2 it looks like it is flying steady but I end up with a time lapse that has to be corrected with Warp Stabilizer and it looks really bad.  I think if I could solve the pictures from jumping around when the Inspire 2 is just sitting on the table the end result would be much better. Can anybody help? Thank you in advance. I bought the X5S brand new from DJI in early April of 2018.
Is there some adjustment that can be made to have the gimbal smooth itself out and not jump around when the Inspire 2 in just sitting on a table. I have calibrated, IMU, Compass, VPS, and gimbal. I am running the latest firmware in aricraft, gimbal, batteries, remote, etc.

There has got to be some settings to quiet down the gimbal? I am not touching the sticks the remote is just sitting on my desk doing nothing while the camera is taking the pictures.

Thanks again, Jack.
2018-5-4
Use props
UP Films
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81683 ft
United States

I know this is much help. but i experienced this too when i had my inspire take a time lapse while landed, it was more of a jitter like a vibration. After a placed the clip in warp stabilizer it looked more like jello. Where as when I do hyperlapses in the sky it turns out generally smooth. I haven’t found a solution yet. It could work to use slower shutter speeds, but I haven’t tested it yet.
2018-5-4
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I haven't done much hyper/time lapses, but last time I tried one I didn't notice any unusual jumping around due to unintended gimbal movements.

Are all your gimbal / exp / gain settings at default values?

Have you calibrated the sticks on your RC?

Are you on a Cendence RC?
----------
Alex Jiang Photography
2018-5-4
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

The gimbal Exp / Gain / Sensitivity are at default values. I am using the non Cendence RC. I have not calibrated the sticks on the RC. Let give that a try. Thank you for the response.
2018-5-4
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

I calibrated the RC sticks and dial and that had no effect of the images shifting around at the camera takes the shots. It seems the gimbal is just not steady or quiet while taking pictures while the inspire is motionless sitting on a table. Very frustrating.  
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please provide us the original video for further check. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-5-5
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

Here are the images stitched together straight out of my X5S camera. When viewed with any photo software you will see that the images jump around.

The settings for these picture
ISO = 400
Shutter = 1/60
F =2.2
Interval for capture was 2 seconds
2018-5-5
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

Here is a video straight from the X5S camera that is rock steady.

This is straight fromt the X5S camera with the following settings.
ISO = 400
Shutter = 1/60
F =2.2
3840 by 2160 @ 29fps
2018-5-5
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

When I perform this same time lapse test with my Sony camera the images do not move when I stitch them together. There should not be this much movement when the Inspire 2 and X5S are just sitting on a table not flying. I have updated all equipment to the latest firmware. I have calibrated IMU, Compass, gimbal, RC sticks.   
2018-5-5
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

All settings in GO 4 app are at default factory settings.
2018-5-5
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

-- removed comment --
2018-5-5
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

Hello forum, I realized over that last few days with testing my P4P and Inspire 2 X5S that trying to do traditional time lapses with interval capture is a very tough thing to do to produce stunning time lapses. I have decided to use Rufus Blackwell's technique (DJI creator) of speed ramping. Traditional time lapses require a very steady capture method compared to speed ramping. From my testing of my P4P and Inspire 2 X5S just capturing while not flying (just sitting on a table), The output has frames that move around compared to a stationary camera like a Sony or Canon or a camera on a zhiyun crane type gimbal. You can get good results with interval capture and a Warp Stabilizer type of stabilization software, but you will notice certain jumping artifacts of buildings, skyscrapers, and other complex structures with the current drone technology. The speed ramping time lapses are stunning and are very smooth with no jumping artifacts. Your thoughts would be appreciated and thanks for the support.
2018-5-5
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2
United States

I have been testing the speed up that Rufus Blackwell does and it works pretty well. I still think if the gimbal was more steady from the baseline of just sitting on a table I could get better results with traditional timelapses and the Rufus Blackwell timelapse technique. I compel you as an Inspire 2 owner with X5S to test your X5S in Interval mode just sitting on a table and see if it moves around when it should be steady. Just wondering if this is isolated to me of if it is part of the X5S operation baseline of taking pictures using the Interval option. If this is prevalent in the X5S maybe a software fix could help steady the gimbal more when in Interval mode. Could somebody at DJI test this. It is a very easy test to check if it is just isolated to me? Hello? Maybe? This is worth a test from DJI as we spend a pretty good penny on the Inspire 2 setups.
2018-5-8
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2

I have opened up a case (CAS-1772449-Y1S0Q9) with DJI CARE REFRESH EXPRESS can you please fill them in on the details. I have sent them the link to this thread as well and documented what I have been experiencing. Also, I do not like the fact that I had to pay an additional $149.00 to process this as I believe it is a defect in the operation of the Camera/Gimbal.

Thank you, Jack.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules