1137 20 2018-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans70e7a24b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 363064 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

My Mavic was returned to DJI Europe service centre as the remote control was not charging. The Mavic was working fine and I flew it using the app. The Mavic was tested by Modus Brands before being returned to DJI and it was working perfectly. It was subsequently returned to me with a new remote (that was faulty) and the drone now no longer works. It has been returned to the DJI service centre and said they opened it, why I ask, and found some particles of sand in it. The are now saying it is water damaged and are refusing to return it in the same state they received it ie working? Both myself (Flight records) and Modus Brands can confirm there was no damage to the drone and it was flying perfectly so why after over two months without my drone are DJI taking this stance? I have spoken with Hunter Haopeng Cheng about this but he seens unable or unwilling to follow this up.

2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We're sorry for the experience. I managed to get the case number via the forum info. Per the case log, the drone was damaged when the service center received the package. You can find the damage assessment pictures from our website: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTraceDetail I'll attach some pictures for your reference as well.

As we mentioned, it is not recommended to repair the watered damage as flight safety cannot be ensured. We respected your opinion and repaired the RC under warranty, but returned the drone unrepaired. We're not sure whether we are on the same page, if you have saved the pictures before the shipping, please kindly offer at your earliest convenience, we're glad to investigate. Hope for your understanding.
1.PNG
2.jpg
5.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
2018-5-5
Use props
fans70e7a24b
lvl.3
  • >>>
Jersey

Dear Susan,
The drone was working perfectly before it was returned to you, can you advise why it was opened I had flown it and Modus Brands tested it and it was working fine? It was the remote that was not charging and I have never reported any issue with the drone?  All I want you to do is return my Mavic (with a working remote) in the condition it was sent to you ie working  and not showing any faults. The drone has never been water damages and has always flown perfectly?
Thanks
Please check the flight logs for this drone I last flew it using the app on the 12/2 and it was in perfect working order (Modus Brands will confirm that it was in working order when it was sent to you)
And Please note the remote control that the drone was returned with was FAULTY as your service centre can see

2018-5-5
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Did they send you the original drone back? Same serial number? Or did they send you a refurb full of sand
2018-5-5
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
United States

I also don’t see water damage. It’s just sand.
2018-5-5
Use props
fans70e7a24b
lvl.3
  • >>>
Jersey

Yes Jeff they are insisting it has water damage yet it was flying perfectly before they opened it ?
2018-5-5
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
United States

Well those two screws are all rusty. This is the same drone you sent in the first time? What exactly is not working with the drone?
2018-5-6
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

You say that the drone was working perfectly and there was no water damage. But you seem to avoid the question of whether the drone was actually immersed in water at some point in time.  Those screws do appear to be rusted and I can understand why sand might be found in a drone that had been submerged.
2018-5-6
Use props
MavicDroneflyer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Jersey

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-5-6 09:51
You say that the drone was working perfectly and there was no water damage. But you seem to avoid the question of whether the drone was actually immersed in water at some point in time.  Those screws do appear to be rusted and I can understand why sand might be found in a drone that had been submerged.

The Drone has never ever been immersed in water at any time. I have used it extensively capturing beach and ocean footage and that account for the sand and rusty screws. I have a friend who has a Mavic Pro that I have borrowed and the screws on his Mavic are in exactly the same rusty condition.
Rusting is enhanced due to small particles of salt in the air created by breaking waves this does not mean the Mavic has ever been submerged.
2018-5-6
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

MavicDroneflyer Posted at 2018-5-6 11:04
The Drone has never ever been immersed in water at any time. I have used it extensively capturing beach and ocean footage and that account for the sand and rusty screws. I have a friend who has a Mavic Pro that I have borrowed and the screws on his Mavic are in exactly the same rusty condition.
Rusting is enhanced due to small particles of salt in the air created by breaking waves this does not mean the Mavic has ever been submerged.

Hope you can get this resolved. Since they had both the drone and controller, they should be able to produce a flight record or information stored in the drone to support the "wet drone" diagnosis. Good Luck!
2018-5-6
Use props
MavicDroneflyer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Jersey

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-5-6 12:33
Hope you can get this resolved. Since they had both the drone and controller, they should be able to produce a flight record or information stored in the drone to support the "wet drone" diagnosis. Good Luck!

Many thanks, thats what I'm saying they have the flight records so surely they can ascertain that  the drone has never been subjected to water damage.
2018-5-6
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

Why would you send the aircraft in if it works well?
2018-5-6
Use props
MavicDroneflyer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Jersey

MichealMedia Posted at 2018-5-6 23:48
Why would you send the aircraft in if it works well?

The Drone was returned because the remote wouldn't charge, I wish I had just returned the remote now.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MavicDroneflyer Posted at 2018-5-7 00:07
The Drone was returned because the remote wouldn't charge, I wish I had just returned the remote now.

Per the case, the issue has been escalated before and our supervisor Stefan should have contacted you for negotiation, can you please send email to him again and he will keep following up?
2018-5-7
Use props
MavicDroneflyer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Jersey

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-7 03:45
Per the case, the issue has been escalated before and our supervisor Stefan should have contacted you for negotiation, can you please send email to him again and he will keep following up?

Dear Mindy,
Negotiation DJI Mindy? Stephan first wanted to charge me £348 to replace the faulty remote which was eventually replaced by another faulty remote. I would like to know why the drone was opened when it was in perfect working order when it was sent to you?
Thanks
2018-5-7
Use props
MavicDroneflyer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Jersey

The last flight log has now been forwarded to DJI to confirm it was in perfect working order when it was returned to them in the first instance.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MavicDroneflyer Posted at 2018-5-7 05:03
Dear Mindy,
Negotiation DJI Mindy? Stephan first wanted to charge me £348 to replace the faulty remote which was eventually replaced by another faulty remote. I would like to know why the drone was opened when it was in perfect working order when it was sent to you?
Thanks

When the drone is sent in, we will need to examine the returned product(s) to identify the problem, sometimes, the drone will need to be opened to make a thorough diagnosis. For your case, when the drone arrived, there were sand residues and rusty screws, which indicated the drone was probably water-damaged, a further diagnosis was needed.
Per the damage assessment, the drone was water-damaged and we do not recommend to fly it anymore and the drone was sent to your without repair as you requested.
Thanks for your understanding.
2018-5-9
Use props
MavicDroneflyer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Jersey

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-9 02:56
When the drone is sent in, we will need to examine the returned product(s) to identify the problem, sometimes, the drone will need to be opened to make a thorough diagnosis. For your case, when the drone arrived, there were sand residues and rusty screws, which indicated the drone was probably water-damaged, a further diagnosis was needed.
Per the damage assessment, the drone was water-damaged and we do not recommend to fly it anymore and the drone was sent to your without repair as you requested.
Thanks for your understanding.

There was no problem with the drone (it was the remote that was faulty) when it was sent in so why was it opened?  The drone was NOT water damaged and it flew perfectly? Why do you continue to lie about this? You now have the flight log that shows it was flying perfectly the last time I used it. Further more Modus Brands tested the drone before it was returned to you and it showed no errors. I flew it fine (albeit using the App) Modus Brands tested it and it was sent to you with the faulty controller. IT HAS NEVER BEEN WATER DAMAGED and as you have both the drone and the remote it should be easy for you to check all the flight records and confirm this.From DJI "The Engineer have opened up your craft and did explicitly found water damage, most notably some rusted screws and even fine sand.' RUSTED SCREWS AND FINE SAND DO NOT CONSTITUTE WATER DAMAGE. Please check all flight records.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MavicDroneflyer Posted at 2018-5-9 03:31
There was no problem with the drone (it was the remote that was faulty) when it was sent in so why was it opened?  The drone was NOT water damaged and it flew perfectly? Why do you continue to lie about this? You now have the flight log that shows it was flying perfectly the last time I used it. Further more Modus Brands tested the drone before it was returned to you and it showed no errors. I flew it fine (albeit using the App) Modus Brands tested it and it was sent to you with the faulty controller. IT HAS NEVER BEEN WATER DAMAGED and as you have both the drone and the remote it should be easy for you to check all the flight records and confirm this.From DJI "The Engineer have opened up your craft and did explicitly found water damage, most notably some rusted screws and even fine sand.' RUSTED SCREWS AND FINE SAND DO NOT CONSTITUTE WATER DAMAGE. Please check all flight records.

We will continue to follow your problem. And the situation was forwarded. Our designated department will try their best to solve it. Thanks for your patience.
2018-5-9
Use props
MavicDroneflyer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Jersey

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-9 04:43
We will continue to follow your problem. And the situation was forwarded. Our designated department will try their best to solve it. Thanks for your patience.

Many many thanks DJI Elektra I do believe the issue has now been sorted by the DJI Service centre in Europe. I will post up when I know more
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MavicDroneflyer Posted at 2018-5-9 06:30
Many many thanks DJI Elecktra I do believe the issue has now been sorted by the DJI Service centre in Europe. I will post up when I know more

Hope the issue will be solved soon. Have a nice day!
2018-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules