Start Your Phantom 3 Trip with Mr. Mat (Register, Activation and Upgrade)
18482 15 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Start Your Phantom 3 Trip with Mr. Mat (register, activation and firmware upgrade)

Today, Mr. Mat will talk exclusively about how to register and how to upgrade the firmware. The process is simple so you can easily do it yourself. Don’t forget to update the latest firmware to enjoy all the optimized functions.
Then, let’s go through the steps required to register, activate and upgrade.

Register

Firstly, you need an DJI account.
Step 1:  Enter www.dji.com
1.jpg

Step 2:  Fill out the registration information
2.png
Step 3:  Registration successful. You will jump to a personal information page (tip: No notification email).
3.png

Login into DJI Pilot APP

Step 1:  Go to the Apple Store, search DJI Pilot
4.png

Step 2:  
1.   Open DJI Pilot app, go to the User Center, login to your DJI account.
5.png
6.png

2.   Login successful. Go to Mine page in User Center, you can find your personal information here.
7.png
8.png
9.png

Activation
Before activation, please check the app version, make sure the version is 1.1.0 (for Android) or 1.1.1 (foriOS). If not, please download and install the latest app version.

Step 1:  Connect Your Device To Remote Controller
Use USB cable to connect your device to Remote Controller. Power on your aircraft, remote controller and mobile device one at a time. If you use an Android device, please enable USB debugging as follow.
10.png

Step 2:  Open DJI PILOTAPP。
An activation request will automatically popup. Ensure you login to your own account. Click “Start” to start the activation process.
1. Give your Phantom 3 a name.
11.png

2: Set your operation mode.
12.png

3: Enable Newbie mode
13.png

4: Ensure your login account
14.png

A network failure will result inactivation failure, please login and activate again.

15.png

Firmware Upgrade
Step 1:  Check Battery and SD Card Capacity
Ensure the Intelligent Flight Batteryhas at least 50% power and there is at least 100MB of free space on the SD card.
16.png

Format your SD card
17.png

Format successful
18.png

Step 2:  Prepare the Firmware Update Package
1.   Download the firmware update package from the official DJI website (http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3).
19.png

2.   Insert the SD card into your PC. Extract the all download files into the root directory of the SD card. Remove the SD card from your PC. Ensure the aircraft is powered off then insert the SD card into the SD card slot on camera.
20.png

Extract
21.png

Copy the ".bin" file into SD card
22.png
23.png

Insert the SD card into SD card slot on the camera when aircraft is powered off.
24.png

Step 3:  Update theAircraft
1.   Ensure the remote controller is powered off and then power on the aircraft. Upgrade will begin automatically after aircraft is powered on.
2.   It will take approximately 25 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a short pluse of “D-D-D-D” beeping sound to indicate the upgrade is in progress and sound a “D---DD” beeping sound toindicate is complete with success.
3.   Try upgrading the firmware again if the gimble sound a “D-----”long beep sound.
25.png

Step 4:  A “.txt” filenamed “P3X_FW_RESULT_AB” will automatically generated after upgrade. The update is successful if the text “result: successful” is in the document.
26.png

27.png
Updating the Remote Controller Firmware
Step 1:  Format the SD card, copy the “.bin” file into the root directory of the SD card (the same update package file with aircraft uprade).
Step 2:  Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB thumdrive onto the remote controller USB port when remote controller powered off.
28.png

Step 3:  Update the Remote Controller
1.   Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds, remote controller will automatically update the firmware.
2.   It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress.The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid red if upgrade is failed. Try upgrade again. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.

Power on the Remote Controller
29.png

LED shows blue when update is in progress
30.png

LED shows solid green if the update successful
31.png

Tip:  If you do not have a SD card reader or the USB thumdrive, please insert the SD card into the gimble and connect the gimble with remote controller. Power on the remote controller and aircraft, wait 20 seconds, the remote controller will automatically update the firmware.

Next up:  Mr. Mat introduce the preflight preparation and app functions.

2015-5-10
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I am thinking about assassinating Mr. Mat and take his place.

Working on the English diagrams. Forgive my laziness and stay tunned.
2015-5-10
Use props
justlai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155978 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

My Phantom 3 was activated by the dealer where I bought it from under his account, can I re-activate my Phantom 3 under my own account again?
2015-5-11
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

justlai@hotmail Posted at 2015-5-11 17:39
My Phantom 3 was activated by the dealer where I bought it from under his account, can I re-activate ...

As far as I know you can't re-activate it... But you can login with your own account.
2015-5-11
Use props
justlai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155978 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ok thank alot.
2015-5-11
Use props
Inspire1
lvl.2

Czechia

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-11 15:22

Working on the English diagrams. ...

Hello Autumn,
I would like your assistance regarding 3 topics:
-1 do inspire 1 owners with self tightening propeller receive a set of the new propellers with quick release?
-2 is it possible to register bought goods on dji eshop later on under an already created account? I have no reply on this topic from online sales@dji.com
-3 will it be possible to order a new transport case for the inspire 1?

Thanks a lot for your support
2015-5-26
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Inspire1 Posted at 2015-5-27 05:11
Hello Autumn,
I would like your assistance regarding 3 topics:
-1 do inspire 1 owners with self ti ...

1. Yes. If you bought it from online store, we will directly send it to you.
2. I do not understand it cleary, you can use the created account to activate the new aircraft.
3. Can not order from online shop now, did you contact local dealer or find on Amazon?
2015-5-26
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-11 15:22

Working on the English diagrams. ...

That's a great idea Autumn.  My Chinese is a little rusty.......
2015-5-27
Use props
nasongfoto
New

Thailand

:

Thank
2015-5-27
Use props
Inspire1
lvl.2

Czechia

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-27 11:11
2. I do not understan ...

Thank you Autumn for your reply
regarding the point 2, I have made an order on dji shop during travel without login on my account. Now I would like to have this order registered to my account.

Regarding the inspire 1 case yes I have contacted the local dealer and I am waiting for their reply. Haven t looked on amazon yet

thanks a lot for your support
2015-5-27
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

Autumn, a qquestion about step 3 part 2.
It says "The camera will sound a beeping sound "
So, does the Phantom need to be on to make the sound?
If so, when does it need to be turned on?
and if so, must the controller be updated at the same time as the Phantom?
Meaning directly after the Phantom update without turning off the Phantom.
Thanks
2015-5-27
Use props
marioo
New

Argentina

Paso 2 :. Abrir DJI PILOTAPP
Una Solicitud de Activación emergente automaticamente. Asegurese de Que Ingrese Una cuenta propia su. Haga clic en el parrafo "Inicio" Iniciar el Proceso de Activación.
1. ONU Da tu nombre Phantom 3.

hola paso no lo puedo lograr, Que es Lo Que Haciendo estoy mal?, la Solicitud emergente no sale, gracias

2015-7-11
Use props
stilz
lvl.1

Ghana

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-27 03:11
2. I do not understan ...

Hi Autumn,
I mistakenly upgraded  the RC when the aircraft had not yet been upgraded. Now the app shows that i need to upgrade the aircraft,camera and battery (shown below). When i follow the process of loading the .bin file on the SD card and inserting into the camera, all i get are the flashing green light on the gimbal and three beeps D--DD.
1. Does it matter that i updated the RC first
2. Why am i not able to update the aircraft, camera and gimbal?
2015-11-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey my good man, Please start yourself a new thread, or you may never get a reply. ;-)
Bringing up these ancient threads, is just poor forum etiquette. Sort of Looked "down-upon", as the thread shrinks slowly back into eternity.

You also now have the opportunity of watching some key instructional videos for your bird, on upgrading the firmware.

RedHotPoker
2015-11-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

jack1144 Posted at 2015-5-27 16:20
Autumn, a qquestion about step 3 part 2.
It says "The camera will sound a beeping sound "
So, does t ...

Yes the Phantom must be on, during the firmware udate. Once you have placed the latest firmware bin fine in the micro sd card root, pace it back in the drone gimbal, and turn it on. The update will take a while so, you may want to leave the room, or stick the drone in a closet, the beeping can be rather annoying and loud as well. ;-) once the updated firmware has completed its task, you can remove the sd    card, place it back in the computer and see that it was in fact a  "success". Remove the created files and leave the bin file on the card, now you can put it back in the gimbal and replace the battery with another, to update. The LED diodes change light pattern when the battery updates. Batteries update very quickly.

The radio controller is not turned on during the Phantom update.

& Depending on your firmware version, you may be able to udate the controller right from the app.
The radio controller is not dependant on the Phantom during firmware updates.
Yet, you can also update the controller right from the Phantom if you use the included cable, to pair them together. With the bin file still on the micro sd card, & placed back in the drone gimbal. Turn on the Phantom First, then the radio controller, in that case. And let the update complete.

RedHotPoker
2015-11-9
Use props
elcafirevt
New

United States

Can start it tells me activation fail why
2016-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules