1134 3 2018-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EricMe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122900 ft
Malaysia

Hi All,

I'm planning to use Mavic Air for firework video capturing. Can anyone share sample video, experience and best setting to capture best effect ?
1. Best drone setting on video and photo capturing
2. Drone height
3. Better to catpure from the top or side way

Thanks in advance.

2018-5-5
Use props
Oranges
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458356 ft
Malaysia

Hello,

I've filmed with a Mavic Pro, but it should be the same if not better with the Air (higher bitrate).
I'd recommend going with a higher ISO (1000+ perhaps) and make sure focus is at infinity (or far away) . Framerate is up to u whether u want crisp shots or cinematic feel

Chances of fireworks hitting the drone is slim, i've seen gutsy pilots who fly through firework shows, ending up with incredible footage.
U can circle the fireworks, fly backwards at an angle, pan down while flying up ( its all up to u)

Here's a quick test I did on Chinese New year in my hometown. Footage wasn't the best, Should've filmed in a higher Framerate to avoid the 'flares'. Color was slightly off too (on the warm side as I left my temp at 5800K (should've cooled it down a bit)

2018-5-5
Use props
EricMe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122900 ft

Oranges Posted at 2018-5-5 21:26
Hello,

I've filmed with a Mavic Pro, but it should be the same if not better with the Air (higher bitrate).

Thanks for your sharing. The video looks not bad but just firework is not that grand and as what you shared, probably to adjust high frame rate to avoid 'flares'..
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Oranges Posted at 2018-5-5 21:26
Hello,

Nice video, thanks for sharing.
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules