Sound on video's with narration not playing on the computer.
488 5 2018-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61b37ad7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been trying to get a voice narrative onto my videos lately, and it seems to work, directly thru the DJI App, but not when I download it onto a computer and then play the video.
After I finish a flight, I watch the video and the sound plays, when I use the tablet that recorded the video. But that sound does not show up on my computer as I said.
Any ideas????
2018-5-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

The sound will only be on the cached recording, not transmitted to the AC to be saved on the HQ recording on the SD.
So to have the sound you would extract it from the cached videos and add it to the real video during your edit.

But it would be a nice feature if it was brought to the AC, specially if there was a speaker making it possible to talk via the AC.
2018-5-5
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

Ah shades of Apocalypse Now perhaps?
2018-5-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

sky wombat Posted at 2018-5-6 04:15
Ah shades of Apocalypse Now perhaps?

More sounds than shades, what are you asking?
2018-5-7
Use props
fans61b37ad7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-5 20:41
The sound will only be on the cached recording, not transmitted to the AC to be saved on the HQ recording on the SD.
So to have the sound you would extract it from the cached videos and add it to the real video during your edit.

Thank you for your response. I have solved the problem, but not in the way I would normally like.
When I have finished a video recording, it is cached onto my Tablet, and when I play the video, the narrative also plays. Yea.
So what I have to do to get the video to play on my computer with the narrative, is so simple I should have tried it first.
Sometimes when all else fails, go back to the basics and maybe the problem disappears. It did in this case.
Here is the deal: hook the tablet directly onto the computer via USB, go to files on the computer, look for the Tablet, click on it, and look for the video I am interested in. Download it directly to the computer via the USB cable, and when done, the video plays, and the narrative does too......
Yea!!!!
Love my Phantom Pro 4. wouldn't trade it for any of the smaller drones, as I need that "wide" body visibility to allow me to cover the areas I survey.
2018-5-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

fans61b37ad7 Posted at 2018-5-7 17:21
Thank you for your response. I have solved the problem, but not in the way I would normally like.
When I have finished a video recording, it is cached onto my Tablet, and when I play the video, the narrative also plays. Yea.
So what I have to do to get the video to play on my computer with the narrative, is so simple I should have tried it first.

If it works for you that way it is all good.
But if you simply just use the cached video and not just the soundtrack from it, you will be using the worst quality of the possible videos your P4P produce, waste of good material if i may say.
One simple way to do it is to drag both the HQ and the cache version into the editor on the same timeline, then use the videotrack from the HQ and soundtrack from the cached version.
As the cached version is subject for dropouts a slight adjustment might be needed a few time to keep track of the HQ version.

Have fun.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules