575 7 2018-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kotsev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 135387 ft
Bulgaria

Hi all,

yesterday I almost crashed my Mavic Air after flight attempt. This was the first attempt after iOS update to v11.3.1 and DJI Go 4 v4.2.14. During takeoff with no wind I narrowed my attitude joystick fully so my drone can reach the attitude safely and quickly. At the same time my drone started flying all over the place. It was going up but in the same time left and right. I watched the flight record and can clearly see i am pressing only up but he is flying in other directions. Last time I hd again problems with flight stability after firmware and iOS update and it was solved by re-install of the DJI Go 4 app but this time it's not helping. My props are attached, secured and with no issues. Please advise is my drone faulty?! I doubt that as it was working just fine before the soft and fw update. My drone never crashed and I think I am experienced enough to see I am not doing something wrong. Also it's worth mentioning my compass had again issues calibrate like previous software and firmware update. I never fly with errors but before the flight he calibrated successfully and no issues were present.

Regards,
Emil

Regards,
Emil
2018-5-5
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Did you do IMU calibration? In previous upgrade it was highly recommended to calibrate also IMU so I would try that.
2018-5-5
Use props
Kotsev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Will try this!
2018-5-5
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

how do you update your firmware via dji go app?
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Emil, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please check if there is an error message in your DJI GO4 app? If yes, please show us a screenshot, we'll look into it. At the same time, I still recommend you to try the update again and calibrate the IMU, then try the flight in different locations where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe put your log up or do a small video so we can understand what might be happening, I have updated FW and app and no signs of problems after testing.
2018-5-6
Use props
Kotsev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

The issue was IMU calibration indeed. I have missed the recommendation from DJI to calibrate IMU - all is fine now. Just done few flights for about 45 min
2018-5-6
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Kotsev Posted at 2018-5-6 02:11
The issue was IMU calibration indeed. I have missed the recommendation from DJI to calibrate IMU - all is fine now. Just done few flights for about 45 min

Delighted you have it sorted happy flying
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules