New Mavic Air RC stuck on V00.00.0000
1151 10 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LEADNAV
lvl.2
United States

Posted yesterday on another thread about our issues with our Mavic Air. Was hoping to have an update that would fix it since we bought the week they came out and have never gotten it to work to this day.

Dissecting deeper it looks like the RC will not update. Tried DJI4 app...DJI Assistant... Put several hours into this attempt and am frustrated.

RC is stuck on V00.00.0000

I can get it sometimes to update (I think) to V01.00.0000 but never V01.00.0100.

I say "I think" because after upgrade it says its at V01.00.0000- (The "-" at the end seems strange...)

Then when I try to upgrade again to V01.00.0100 it fails over and over. Then when restarting DJI assistant and the RC it says its back to V0.00.0000.

Also I have gotten it to update on the DJI4 app. At least it appears to... then when hooking it up to DJI assistant I come to find its still on V0.00.0000 and still has issues with the Mavic Air losing Transmission and disconnecting whenever you turn on props. In the air if the signal comnes back it lose connection as soon as a stick move is made.

This is all from less then 10 feet away at no more than 20 feet off the ground.

From what I have found the brand new RC is "bricked" and needs to go back?

Can I just get a new remote sent/replacement or do I have to send the entire drone back with it?

Already been almost 6 months with never being able to use this thing... we own every other DJI drone ever to be released with no issues so this is frustrating

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 11.13.49 PM.png
2018-5-6
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft

Can’t really offer any advice but if that had been me (the air is my first drone by the way) it would have gone back straight away...
Hopefully somebody on here will be able to offer you advice.
2018-5-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

The MA is not yet on the market for six months but even if you had it from day one, I am surprised that during all that time you haven't contacted DJI support then: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-6
Use props
LEADNAV
lvl.2

I’m sorry let me rephrase...since I owned it Feb 1 2018 at 4:30pm Mountain time...so 3 months and some change...

At that time we spent hours on the phone with DJI reps that weren’t very helpful. Send it back was their response but at the time we were moving back east and with their questionable “when we’d receive a replacement”... we chose to hold off and see if an explanation or fix in firmware would take care of it.

Here we are...now just asking for any updates “94 days and 14 hours” after receiving...to clarify for you.

Thanks
2018-5-6
Use props
LEADNAV
lvl.2

Thank you Tomcatuk. Yes our thoughts now after giving it another chance. We’ve owned every consumer DJI drone released...love the Mavic Pro...this experience with the Mavic Air has really let us down...which is unfortunate as we have looked forward to getting this model above all others. Hence it appears jumping on the pre purchase too early for us.
2018-5-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

LEADNAV Posted at 2018-5-6 08:34
Thank you Tomcatuk. Yes our thoughts now after giving it another chance. We’ve owned every consumer DJI drone released...love the Mavic Pro...this experience with the Mavic Air has really let us down...which is unfortunate as we have looked forward to getting this model above all others. Hence it appears jumping on the pre purchase too early for us.

It is very likely that you have received a defective RC, just send it in.
2018-5-6
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft

LEADNAV Posted at 2018-5-6 08:34
Thank you Tomcatuk. Yes our thoughts now after giving it another chance. We’ve owned every consumer DJI drone released...love the Mavic Pro...this experience with the Mavic Air has really let us down...which is unfortunate as we have looked forward to getting this model above all others. Hence it appears jumping on the pre purchase too early for us.

Hope you get it sorted, not flown a lot but when I have it’s been great and as it’s my first drone being extra careful...  but having that problem defiantly sounds like a lemon.... good luck :-) and keep us updated...
2018-5-8
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Air blows.
2018-5-8
Use props
LEADNAV
lvl.2
United States

So my discussions with DJI support yesterday this time around were a completely different experience then when the Mavic Air first came out... When I got it and talked for hours to different reps that sounded to be in a sweat shop somewhere with mass calls audible in the background...they ran me around in troubleshooting circles... not wanting to admit their were bad Mavic Airs out there out of the gate...

Yesterday I called, explained...and they said without hesitation "Send it back".... did not even question or discuss troubleshooting... so yes I think its now obvious I got a Lemon.

Hoping the new one is a completely different experience  
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

LEADNAV Posted at 2018-5-8 12:05
So my discussions with DJI support yesterday this time around were a completely different experience then when the Mavic Air first came out... When I got it and talked for hours to different reps that sounded to be in a sweat shop somewhere with mass calls audible in the background...they ran me around in troubleshooting circles... not wanting to admit their were bad Mavic Airs out there out of the gate...

Yesterday I called, explained...and they said without hesitation "Send it back".... did not even question or discuss troubleshooting... so yes I think its now obvious I got a Lemon.

Sorry for the difficulties, have you sent it back? If you can provide me with the case number, I will help to keep an eye on it.
2018-5-9
Use props
LEADNAV
lvl.2
United States

Just a follow up to my frustrations after jumping on the Mavic Air right out of the gate when it released. Spending initially a few dozen hours troubleshooting myself and with a support team that did everything to defend the product...

As stated I put the Mavic Air down and waited up until a few weeks ago to try and tackle it once more. Same problems.

This time my call to DJI was quick with no questions asked "return it". Big change from the hours spent upon release on the phone...

They came back saying it needed fully replaced...so looks to be confirmed.... I got an early bird lemon.

I just got the new Mavic Air and controller in the mail so we will see how it does this time around. Will keep my Mavic Pro in close reach...

This was there findings...

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 7.36.59 PM.png
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules