6374 20 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
onaib_br
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18507 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I’ve noticed that I cannot change between tele and wide lens modes on DJI Go app. Is it true? There is no option for that?
2018-5-6
Use props
lichtsturz
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

Hi Mindy,

does it mean that when using the zoom slider of Osmo Mobile 2 the right lens will be selected?
For example using a dual camera smartphone with wide and tele lens.

Widest zoom on Osmo Mobile 2 means wide zoom camera of smartphone is used.
2x zoom on Osmo Mobile 2 means tele zoom camera of smartphone is used.

Zooms in between 1x and 2x zoom or above  2x zoom means digital zoom.

Since it is not clear which zoom level is been used is there any plan to show the zoom level or to switch between the lenses in the DJI Go app?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers
2018-5-22
Use props
onaib_br
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-7 01:02
Currently, there is no setting that can switch between tele and wide lens on DJI Go app. The lenses are switched automatically according to your shooting object.

That is not true. I put my finger on one of the iPhone plus lens and did zoom in & out to see if it’s lens is switched while zooming. It didn’t switch lens at all!
2018-5-22
Use props
lichtsturz
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

Hmm, ok. Practically this is an evidence that there is no automatic switch. DJI Mindy what does your technical team say? Without using the optical zoom the Osmo Mobile is quite without a sense for dual camera smartphones.

Is there a workaround. I've heard that Filmic Pro solved it for the Osmo Mobile 1 but I'm not sure about the Osmo Mobile 2.
Would be great to hear dual camera phone users like Iphone and Samsung which are trying to zoom with Osmo Mobile 2.

Since I'm recording videos in 4k and also use zoom it would be really important to know.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

onaib_br Posted at 2018-5-22 16:24
That is not true. I put my finger on one of the iPhone plus lens and did zoom in & out to see if it’s lens is switched while zooming. It didn’t switch lens at all!

The workflow of the dual cameras in DJI Go is the same as the workflow in your stock APP.
The camera will switch to tele lens when zooming in, we didn't set any special settings in the APP.
2018-5-24
Use props
onaib_br
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-24 01:48
The workflow of the dual cameras in DJI Go is the same as the workflow in your stock APP.
The camera will switch to tele lens when zooming in, we didn't set any special settings in the APP.

I'm afraid you're wrong. DJI Go is not switching cameras while zoom in & out. Please check the video I just made about it.

2018-5-24
Use props
onaib_br
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

lichtsturz Posted at 2018-5-23 18:17
Hmm, ok. Practically this is an evidence that there is no automatic switch. DJI Mindy what does your technical team say? Without using the optical zoom the Osmo Mobile is quite without a sense for dual camera smartphones.

Is there a workaround. I've heard that Filmic Pro solved it for the Osmo Mobile 1 but I'm not sure about the Osmo Mobile 2.

If there is an option to switch cameras we could be able to use tele lens (on iPhone 8 plus) which doesn't has OIS (optical image stabilization).
2018-5-24
Use props
lichtsturz
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

So I tested today on Samsung Galaxy Note 8. In low light conditions tele lens will anyhow not be used by the smartphone itself. This is also valid for IPhone.

But in good light conditions the smartphone will switch to the tele lens. Testing with Osmo Mobile and just holding the finger on the tele lens on no zooming level the tele lens will be used.

When can you please fix this? Otherwise this zoom slider is really Without a sense because it is destroying image and video quality in good light conditions for dual camera smartphones which is industry standard right now.

Moreover in the DJI Go App I need to see the zoom level. On Samsung native camera app the zoom level will be shown and also highlighted when I use exactly the optical zoom of one of the cameras so there is no quality reduction.
2018-5-24
Use props
lichtsturz
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

I mean of course Osmo Mobile 2.
2018-5-24
Use props
lichtsturz
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

I'm also puzzled DJI Mindy because here you say the opposite: https://forum.dji.com/thread-139788-1-1.html
2018-5-24
Use props
lichtsturz
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

Would be great to get an answer DJI Mindy from you or other support team.

Thx.
2018-5-25
Use props
onaib_br
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

It would be great to get an answer!
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

onaib_br Posted at 2018-5-24 02:31
I'm afraid you're wrong. DJI Go is not switching cameras while zoom in & out. Please check the video I just made about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya1v9nXgb8A

Thanks for the video, we will verify again with our engineers and keep you updated, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-5-28
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Guys. Here’s the deal with the iPhone 8plus. Using the IOS video app there is no way to swap between the 2 lenses. Now, as the DJI app is using this behind the interface it stands to reason both work the same. The confusing part is even the stock IOS app doesn’t always use the tele lens, even though you think it is. It will only use it in good light, otherwise we just get a digital zoom.You can can test this by putting your finger over the tele lens and still seeing the image zooming in. Very confusing.
Using FilmicPro does all you to physically choose which lens to use, so is a much better option if you want to stick with a non OIS lens.
2018-6-17
Use props
onaib_br
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

Dave_bass5 Posted at 2018-6-17 03:08
Guys. Here’s the deal with the iPhone 8plus. Using the IOS video app there is no way to swap between the 2 lenses. Now, as the DJI app is using this behind the interface it stands to reason both work the same. The confusing part is even the stock IOS app doesn’t always use the tele lens, even though you think it is. It will only use it in good light, otherwise we just get a digital zoom.You can can test this by putting your finger over the tele lens and still seeing the image zooming in. Very confusing.
Using FilmicPro does all you to physically choose which lens to use, so is a much better option if you want to stick with a non OIS lens.

You are right about iPhone 8 behavior when zooming using stock camera app with different ambient light. But I made a video to show that DJI Go App do not switch camera lens when zooming in/out even on a bright ambient! I had cover one of the lens before zooming in as you suggest..

Check it!
2018-6-17
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3

Thats a shame, as i was hoping to use this app more. I find FilmicPro a bit too fiddly to use. saying that, i dont think id have much sue for the zoom, but i have noticed the app is quite limited in some ways, even compared to the IOS camera app.
2018-6-18
Use props
lichtsturz
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

It is now 1 month!!! ago that DJI Mindy wanted to clarify how to solve the issue.

Can we please get an answer?
2018-6-30
Use props
BROWNBOX
New

Australia

I agree with Lichtsturz - we need an answer/fix to this, right now i need to start looking at other gimbals  - DJI can you please respond  thx
2018-9-27
Use props
BROWNBOX
New

Australia

lichtsturz Posted at 2018-6-30 06:16
It is now 1 month!!! ago that DJI Mindy wanted to clarify how to solve the issue.

Can we please get an answer?

I agree with Lichtsturz - we need an answer/fix to this, right now i need to start looking at other gimbals  - DJI can you please respond  thx
2018-9-27
Use props
BROWNBOX
New

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-28 02:34
Thanks for the video, we will verify again with our engineers and keep you updated, please wait patiently, thank you.

I agree with Lichtsturz - we need an answer/fix to this, right now i need to start looking at other gimbals  - DJI can you please respond  many thx
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, I sincerely apologize for the late response, please reply to one of my posts next time, I will receive the notification and reply in time.
We have tested again the device, currently, the lens will not switch automatically when zooming in/out for Osmo Mobile 2, it uses the wide lens all the time, I'm so sorry for my previous response.
2018-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules