Crashed my Spark on day one, broke the lens cover. Now what?
622 8 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5642a492
New
United States

Was doing some practice in the backyard and cliped a planter. The spark fell about 1 1/2' right on to the front and shattered the lens cover. I bought the Care Refresh, don't know if this is covered though. Any suggestions on what to do. Is this something that can be replaced with out sending it off.

I'll be getting a clip on ND to prevent this from happening again. Just not sure what to do to fix it.

2018-5-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

'I bought the Care Refresh, don't know if this is covered though'

The lenscover from the camera?
Lucky you, that you have care refresh, methinks.

Open a case with DJI!
2018-5-6
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968002 ft
United States

This is an accidental crash and it will be covered by DJI care refresh. Start at support ticket with DJI and they will take care of you.
2018-5-6
Use props
fans5642a492
New
United States

Crashed my Spark on day one, broke the lens cover. Now what?

Was doing some practice in the backyard and cliped a planter. The spark fell about 1 1/2' right on to the front and shattered the lens cover. I bought the Care Refresh, don't know if this is covered though. Any suggestions on what to do. Is this something that can be replaced with out sending it off.

I'll be getting a clip on ND to prevent this from happening again. Just not sure what to do to fix it.

2018-5-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You have care refresh
You are in the states (Do I read that right?)
From the reports, you'll get it back in 10 working days.
Open a case with DJI and get the UPS/DHL/.... sticker!

With the "protector" for the cam, that is very difficult.
any weight on the cam makes it difficult for the gimbal.
But you can look for some infos about this into the filter discussions, perhaps
2018-5-6
Use props
fans5642a492
New
United States

Thanks for the quick replies!
2018-5-6
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

That is the purpose of Care Refresh.  Your first drone will be crashed.  Just send it in and pay the deductible/fee.  

Practice flying it some more with the broken lens in case you do more crashing as you learn to pilot.  Then get all the damage fixed in one repair claim.
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to read on the crash accident, if you believe the drone was not caused by pilot error, please apply data analysis when you fill in online repair form, we will provide warranty service if the drone was not crashed by pilot error after analysis.
If the accident was caused by pilot error, DJI Care Refresh will cover it.
2018-5-6
Use props
OG-shrocky2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280814 ft
United States

Good thing you have refresh. My Spark dropped out of the sky and broke the lens too. It was fixed under warranty, but an original price quote was $135 (This was a month after the spark came out)
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules