Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic AIR bright spot/reflection
1340 14 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LukasP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 598018 ft
Lithuania

Hello. I recently purchased Mavic Air and on one of my flights I noticed some kind of a bright spot which behaves like a reflection. I was directly behind the sun but you can see in the video that I rotated almost 180 degrees and the brigt spot still appears.
Video:
Anyone suspects anything? How to get rid of it? Did anyone else have the same problem?
Thanks

2018-5-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I believe you wanted to say that the sun was directly behind you ;-) The spot is interesting and I can't tell you what precisely has caused it. At least it doesn't stay in the same spot of your footage, thus we can exclude a lens or sensor problem.
2018-5-6
Use props
LukasP
lvl.1
Lithuania

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-6 07:27
I believe you wanted to say that the sun was directly behind you ;-) The spot is interesting and I can't tell you what precisely has caused it. At least it doesn't stay in the same spot of your footage, thus we can exclude a lens or sensor problem.

Thanks for the reply! I want at least one confirmation that the unit is not broken and that I am not missing anything by not sending it back. For me it seems something like a 100% reflection but it behaves sooo strangely.

I've done multiple flights before that video and after that(on same day) and all the other videos are fine. I suspec its really because of the sun. Anyone else having same problem?
2018-5-6
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Is same problem exist on other location and time?
2018-5-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

LukasP Posted at 2018-5-6 07:31
Thanks for the reply!  I want at least one confirmation that the unit is not broken and that I am not missing anything by not sending it back. For me it seems something like a 100% reflection but it behaves sooo strangely.

I've done multiple flights before that video and after that(on same day) and all the other videos are fine. I suspec its really because of the sun. Anyone else having same problem?

There is no doubt that it is related to the bright sunshine from behind and I am sure that your MA is ok.
2018-5-6
Use props
LukasP
lvl.1
Lithuania

GDL Posted at 2018-5-6 07:32
Is same problem exist on other location and time?

Nope. I noticed this in one of my videos and it didn't appear after or before that
2018-5-6
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

I experienced the same thing with my Mavic Pro. It must be the sun reflection off the plants interacting with the lens of the camera.
2018-5-6
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

So that is not related to your MA. You just lucky to took a cool video
2018-5-6
Use props
LukasP
lvl.1
Lithuania

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-5-6 07:48
I experienced the same thing with my Mavic Pro. It must be the sun reflection off the plants interacting with the lens of the camera.

Really? Could you share your video? I think I didn't see this in the live feed so I want to know how to get rid of it if possible as it's demotivating to come back home to view my EPIC footage and see some reflection
2018-5-6
Use props
LukasP
lvl.1
Lithuania

GDL Posted at 2018-5-6 07:50
So that is not related to your MA. You just lucky to took a cool video

Hehe, thanks I just didnt want to post it into a general sub or Mavic PRO which is more popular in fear of a thread removal
2018-5-6
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

LukasP Posted at 2018-5-6 07:52
Really? Could you share your video? I think I didn't see this in the live feed so I want to know how to get rid of it if possible as it's demotivating to come back home to view my EPIC footage and see some reflection

https://youtu.be/Mu4bdW0xpNs
2018-5-6
Use props
LukasP
lvl.1
Lithuania

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-5-6 08:22
https://youtu.be/Mu4bdW0xpNs

Thanks! It's exactly the same! I now got a message on another forum that it's a well known bright sun behind the drone issue "halo", googling it reveals a lot of users suffering from it
2018-5-6
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

LukasP Posted at 2018-5-6 08:32
Thanks! It's exactly the same! I now got a message on another forum that it's a well known bright sun behind the drone issue "halo", googling it reveals a lot of users suffering from it

To me it looks like the sun reflecting of a wet spot or wet grass otherwise not noticeable, only at that exact angle.
2018-5-6
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509268 ft
Poland

I have exactly the same effect in some of my movies, when sun is directly behind the aircraft. It must be some kind of halo effect.

br, Pawel
2018-5-6
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

LukasP Posted at 2018-5-6 08:32
Thanks! It's exactly the same! I now got a message on another forum that it's a well known bright sun behind the drone issue "halo", googling it reveals a lot of users suffering from it

And it has nothing to do with the camera.  If you fly in an airplane under the same conditions, your eyes will see the same thing.  It is very common.
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules