Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Broken Ribbon Cable and Yaw Magentic Lock Question
608 5 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonathan020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 689547 ft

I crashed my P3S today into a flag pole. Luckily it dropped onto soft  grass but nevertheless the camera has detached from the Yaw Arm Magnetic  Lock. No other signs of damage and I took it up for a test flight and  the drone flies fine.

I know I will have to replace the ribbon cable as it snapped and I am  fine with doing that after seeing multiple YouTube clips, however I have  a question regarding the Magnetic lock. Is it just held on my magnets?  When I insert the two pieces together they hold pretty well my magnetism  but my concern is whether it will hold together in flight? Should there  be something else holding it in place? See pictures below! Any help  appreciated!

Pictures below of both parts separated and together.

arm.jpg

camera.jpg

together.jpg
2018-5-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It is not a magnetic lock, it is a motor. And it is a force fit onto the shaft. So one you replace the ribbon cable (technically a flexible printed circuit board) you need to carefully align the camera in the right position and press it back onto the shaft.
2018-5-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Also, I would buy two cables.  Fitting it around the shaft behind camera is very tricky and the cable can easily be torn or twisted there.
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Jonathan, we're sorry to hear the crash. It is recommended to start a case and send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-7
Use props
jonathan020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 689547 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-7 00:43
Hello Jonathan, we're sorry to hear the crash. It is recommended to start a case and send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

Thanks Susan. I shipped it back and it arrived with you yesterday. Thank you.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jonathan020 Posted at 2018-5-15 07:47
Thanks Susan. I shipped it back and it arrived with you yesterday. Thank you.

Sorry for the late response. If you encounter any difficulties during the repair progress, please kindly tell us your case number, we'd like to see whether we can help.
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules