Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Current Error after May 2018 firmware update
123456789Next >
43290 334 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stuntman1985
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179829 ft

Since updating to the latest firmware in May 2018, on my very first flight after the update, I'm starting to get Motor Current Error.  It tells me to fly with caution and check the propellors, which I have done.

I landed right away, turned of the Air, and removed and re-seated all the propellors  (New propellors as of about 2-3 weeks ago, with no crashes/incidets (and only a handful of flights).  The first flight after checking the propellors... no warnings.

Today, (NO WIND AT ALL, mind you) the first flight is giving the warning... I land and re-seat all the props again... next flight STILL getting error.  I keep it low and close (for safety) and the error stays constant... I run until low -battery warning. 'm not noticing any unusual flight behavior on any flight.  I even had it hover nearby when the warning was active and didn't notice anything off (sound or behavior seemed normal.)

I swap to my second battery (without checking propellors) and the entire flight with the second battery gets no warnings at all, even though I'm flying higher and further than the other flights.  I

Is anybody else seeing this since the new firmware?
What does the warning mean, and should I be concerned?

This is my first drone and I've had it since late February - only about 9 hours toal flight time according to my logs -  and this is the first real issue I'm having with the device. The only incident I've had was hitting a twig (early March) - but the drone never fell - in fact it flew just fine - it wasn't unitl it landed that I realized a propellor had cracked. (And I immediately replaced at the time.)
2018-5-6
Use props
Brian Cornett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171575 ft
United States

I have the Mavic Air and I also started getting this error after the firmware update.
2018-5-7
Use props
Skarshaug
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106545 ft

Hey, my mavic air only has  3 hours of flight time recorded. No issues experienced untill I installed the last update, which brings me to your post. Yesterday I experienced the same error message as you. Haven't contacted DJI yet, as the error message just showed for a brief second, but I hope DJI will check their software update and maby launch a revised one.
2018-5-7
Use props
Deeziz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298350 ft

Brunei

Hello there,
i just made this account just to follow up on this thread. After the new update few days ago my air also pop out with the motor sensor warning as I flew hours ago. It was while I'm doing a descending video shot of my house.
2018-5-7
Use props
Reas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114895 ft
Denmark

Same here with Mavic air. Just updated yesterday and got the error during my flight. Thought I lost my drone, but it was fine afterwards and RTH was all good.
Other than that I have some weird signal errors, which I've never had in that spot before. But that could be other reasons for that though.
2018-5-7
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Taking the battery put probably did a reset. See if it comes back.
2018-5-7
Use props
Stuntman1985
lvl.1

Thanks for the follow-up replies. Glad it doesn't seem to just be me. Sent my log for the first flight having the issue to DJI Saturday night, but have not heard back from them yet.  I did not send any of my logs from yesterday.

I was wondering about battery also. My first flight Sunday still had the error, and that was after charging the battery.  But you're right, it did go away after swapping to the 2nd battery.

I'll let you know if I hear anything from DJI on the issue... Also, if you're seeing this report it to DJI... The more feedback they get the better chance they have of noticing the issue.  (I also request Waypoints for the Mavic Air any chance I get!)
2018-5-7
Use props
Sohrab.YY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93694 ft

Having the same problem after updating to new firmware yesterday.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. This has been forwarded to our engineers for a check; when there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time. Appreciate your patience!
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Stuntman1985 Posted at 2018-5-7 08:24
Thanks for the follow-up replies. Glad it doesn't seem to just be me. Sent my log for the first flight having the issue to DJI Saturday night, but have not heard back from them yet.  I did not send any of my logs from yesterday.

I was wondering about battery also. My first flight Sunday still had the error, and that was after charging the battery.  But you're right, it did go away after swapping to the 2nd battery.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I managed to get your email via your forum account, however, I didn't find the flight log that you provided to the support. In order to help you provide the flight log to our engineers for a check as earlier as possible, could you please help to provide the flight log again? Thank you in advance!
2018-5-7
Use props
Stuntman1985
lvl.1

I just tried to send it again... I'm doing this through the app on my phone.  I may try through DJI-Assistant2 on PC later if we continue to have issues sending it. If you have better advice for sending logs let me know.

I flew again yesterday after removing and charging both batteries. The first flight showed motor current error again.

We landed and swapped to second battery... This time didn't get the motor current warning, however I started getting High-Wind warnings (but this was a calm day.) The warnings continued as I brought it down to about 6-10 feet high and flew for several minutes. Again, no wind.)
2018-5-8
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft

No error here... but.... I fly in beginners mode in the back yard and I’m sure it is half the speed it used to be... very very slow
2018-5-8
Use props
Robogo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73343 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

I have the same issue with my Mavic Air after the update. Just had a chat with the CS team and reported the problem, also sent through some screenshots about the error.

Hopefully they will quickly resolve the issue with another firmware.  I guess if more people report it the faster they'll work on it.
2018-5-8
Use props
Robogo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-7 22:31
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. This has been forwarded to our engineers for a check; when there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time. Appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your help. If you want I can send logs or screenshots :-)

Hopefully they can fix it quickly :-) I guess none of us wants to lose the drone because of this.

2018-5-8
Use props
Sohrab.YY
lvl.2

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-7 22:55
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I managed to get your email via your forum account, however, I didn't find the flight log that you provided to the support. In order to help you provide the flight log to our engineers for a check as earlier as possible, could you please help to provide the flight log again? Thank you in advance!

Thank you for followup. Here is my screenshot of the error.

2018-5-8
Use props
Robogo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My error message is in red...

2018-5-8
Use props
Skarshaug
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106545 ft
Norway

Same here, error message in red.
Screenshot_20180507-142252.jpg
2018-5-8
Use props
Stuntman1985
lvl.1

Mine is red too... Is it an Android vs iOS thing, or maybe language/region localization?

(I'm using the Android app, myself.)
2018-5-8
Use props
Sohrab.YY
lvl.2

Sohrab.YY Posted at 2018-5-8 07:40
Thank you for followup. Here is my screenshot of the error.[view_image]

Mine is iOS, I think the color is different between iOS and Android or older version of app maybe. But the message is same.
2018-5-8
Use props
cspain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Same here - in fact that's why I found this thread, I was searching to see what it might mean. Never had this error before updating the firmware this morning. This afternoon I was flying and got the "motor current error", freaked me out a bit.

As another data point, I was in P mode and got the error when descending (pushing down on throttle) during return to home as I was a little too high (above my RTH altitude). It came back several times after pushing down on the throttle during RTH. Seemed to go away if I left the throttle alone. Second flight I had no issues despite descending quite fast in sports mode.

I never saw this error under similar circumstances in the past.
2018-5-8
Use props
cspain
lvl.4
United States

Sohrab.YY Posted at 2018-5-8 13:08
Mine is iOS, I think the color is different between iOS and Android or older version of app maybe. But the message is same.

Maybe if you have iOS they figure you can afford a new drone, so it is not as urgent if it goes down ;)
2018-5-8
Use props
EMA5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 544265 ft
Spain

I'm also facing this problem. In the last three days this message has appeared twice, and the second was particularly frightening, cause I was flying over a very dense forest. Before the last update I had never seen this warning. Please, give us a solution soon, thank you.

2018-5-8
Use props
ANTHONYVLOG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1217552 ft
  • >>>
France

Those altitudes are interesting. Anyone getting the error flying below 10m. Just asking to see if the current error is due to the high rpm the motors are pumping in gusts at those altitudes. I have no errors since the update flown exactly 7089m since the update. Circulating 3 batteries, mostly flying over the lake's in windy conditions. Only high wind warnings but no motor current error.  
2018-5-8
Use props
Stuntman1985
lvl.1

Yeah, even at low altitude with no wind for me. My son was flying and the error got him worried, so he didn't want to take it above 10 feet... no wind at all.  Error stayed constant for 5 minutes.
2018-5-8
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

Don't the engineers do extensive physical testing before releasing firmware? I suppose they would fly a sizable numbe from different batches to monitor for errors. Can't possibly to just test on one or two drones, or just simulated test.....I thought the recent Spark lock issue was ridiculous and shortly after another mass incident like this....what a disappointment.

I just bought a new battery 2 days back, and was prompted there's firmware de-sync error. So I did the battery firmware update. I haven't check but hope the drone firmware was not updated accidentally....
2018-5-8
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106552 ft
France

Same error message and near to crash :
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Robogo Posted at 2018-5-8 07:16
Thanks for your help. If you want I can send logs or screenshots :-)

Hopefully they can fix it quickly :-) I guess none of us wants to lose the drone because of this.

Hi Robogo, yes, please help to export the related flight data of the drone via DJI assistant 2. I will forward the flight data to our engineers for a check. Thank you in advance!
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Sohrab.YY Posted at 2018-5-8 07:40
Thank you for followup. Here is my screenshot of the error.[view_image]

Hi, thank you for providing the screenshot of the error message. I'd like to provide the related flight data to our engineers for a check, so could you please help to export the flight data? Thank you again.
2018-5-8
Use props
Robogo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-8 22:30
Hi Robogo, yes, please help to export the related flight data of the drone via DJI assistant 2. I will forward the flight data to our engineers for a check. Thank you in advance!

Hi Diana,

I'll export my log tonight. Where should I upload it? Or how I can share with you? Thanks, Rob
2018-5-9
Use props
rafkt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 543077 ft
United Kingdom

I have been following the thread. I don't have any issues until this moment and I have flown for 5 batteries so far. Different conditions, aggressively in sports mode full throttle, P-mode, different altitudes and with Litchi and DJI Go 4. No warning like the one that everyone describes (I am in iOS).
So, is it a firmware issue that only affected some ? Is it a hardware issue that came into notice with the current firmware only ? .. Anyhow, that's very strange.
Is it safe to continue flying ?.. Perhaps DJI support needs to address this the fastest possible because it does not seem like something we could ignore (even if it has not occurred for someone yet)..
2018-5-9
Use props
Sohrab.YY
lvl.2

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-8 22:37
Hi, thank you for providing the screenshot of the error message. I'd like to provide the related flight data to our engineers for a check, so could you please help to export the flight data? Thank you again.

Hi, I will upload my flight data but as long as it's happening to many people, can't your engineers try to reproduce this issue themselves and do something for it sooner?
2018-5-9
Use props
Robogo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-8 22:30

Dear Diana,

Here are my flight data files for 2 of my flights when this error occured.

Flight data files
(The files will be deleted in 7 days)

Hope this helps to solve the problem as soon as possible. please let us know about any findings.

Thank you.

Rob
2018-5-9
Use props
nsdonev
New

Bulgaria

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-8 22:37

Hello Diana,

Glad that you respond to this thread, thank you for being here for us!
I am also getting the error since the update and I am wondering is it safe to fly until there is solution for this issue?

Here you are my screenshots

I did little test on my own and so far I found out that the error pops out for me mostly when I go full throttle up and forward. (No sport mode).

Hope this information helps, and I am looking forward to see fix!
2018-5-9
Use props
cspain
lvl.4
United States

Anyone heard from DJI yet if it there is a fix for this or if it is safe to fly? I think in future I am going to be very conservative and slow with updates until after I check these forums first.
2018-5-9
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

It's so disappointing that so many experienced the SAME error from this latest firmware. Don't they do extensive testing before release?

Are there significant hardware variations between batches that can cause this? I bought my drone 2 weeks ago, but it's made in Feb. I installed a new battery few days ago and was prompt there's software de-sync. I didn't had time to fly yet but I'm now afraid the drone firmware was also updated without my knowledge.
2018-5-9
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I got this warning a few times on the Mavic Pro, but not yet on the Air (latest firmware), I kept flying and never had an issue over several warnings with no effect on anything, it was definitely firmware related on the Pro, as the next software update got rid of it completely. It's almost as if the guys at Dji don't thoroughly test these firmware's in real-time flight, how hard can it be, jeez give a dozen school kids a drone each and tell them to go for it back to back!
2018-5-9
Use props
WolfPlott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68773 ft

I’ve had this same error on the first flight after the new firmware. No issues with my propellers

2018-5-9
Use props
WolfPlott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68773 ft

My apologies. New on the forums. I forgot to post the screenshot.
99F5166B-82CE-4604-AC85-653F070F64F1.jpeg
2018-5-9
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

darrc Posted at 2018-5-9 18:37
It's so disappointing that so many experienced the SAME error from this latest firmware. Don't they do extensive testing before release?

Are there significant hardware variations between batches that can cause this? I bought my drone 2 weeks ago, but it's made in Feb. I installed a new battery few days ago and was prompt there's software de-sync. I didn't had time to fly yet but I'm now afraid the drone firmware was also updated without my knowledge.

I think it is not possible to update FW without you knowing, but I would strongly suggest you wait until someone from DJI confirms that it is safe to fly with this update or some kind of official fix statement comes up before updating.
2018-5-9
Use props
Sohrab.YY
lvl.2

It has been almost 5 days many users got this issue and no one from DJI has made any clarification on this situation, my drone is sitting in a corner just because of a bad firmware and I don't want to lose it or hurt someone
This kind of customer care is disappointing.
2018-5-10
Use props
123456789Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules